Shogun is the best fighter ever!

Don't be that hater that feels pleasure in kicking a guy who's down.
Shogun is one of the top guys with a longevity that deserves recognition and a fucking heart proven by many wars.

If time passed him by, it is sad, not something you should feel happy about.

I am not one of his fans, but I can recognize how great he was.
Let them be with their pain and the needed acceptance of the fact his time has passed.

Lol what?

You recognise that this fighter I love constantly loses when put against any good ranked ufc fighter. You hater.

People have a hard time waking up from their favorite dream. Is normal.

The blatant shit on fighter (fans) threads seem to be ratcheting-up.

MMA isn’t boxing... many fans still consider MMA fighters with a decent % of losses for “great” status. In many cases, they base this on the value of individual wins/losses, not 0 or minimal losses over career.

BJ Penn, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock and Uriah Faber ended their careers with hefty loss % yet most MMA fans still recognize them greats. Shogun has had some great wars against a lot of top-tier talent... let’s refrain from shitting on it.

You can keep hating but this loss can't take his " Legend" status........it takes time and really but really good fights to get to that level and "Shogun" got there...

Smith is right now just another fighter...with some potential...

TS is such a newb. He doesn't know all the knee injuries and surgeries Shogun had. He also probably hasn't even seen half of Shogun's fights.

And just LOL at "evolution" in the LHW and HW divisions. Those divisions are worse than ever. There used to be far more skill and depth in those divisions a decade ago.

TS is such a newb. He doesn't know all the knee injuries and surgeries Shogun had. He also probably hasn't even seen half of Shogun's fights.

And just LOL at "evolution" in the LHW and HW divisions. Those divisions are worse than ever. There used to be far more skill and depth in those divisions a decade ago.
and youre still living in the past. Since were living in the past lets talk how diego sanchez is still a contender and deserves a title shot. Knowing he just won the ultimate fighter. stfu bum ass

The blatant shit on fighter (fans) threads seem to be ratcheting-up.

MMA isn’t boxing... many fans still consider MMA fighters with a decent % of losses for “great” status. In many cases, they base this on the value of individual wins/losses, not 0 or minimal losses over career.

BJ Penn, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock and Uriah Faber ended their careers with hefty loss % yet most MMA fans still recognize them greats. Shogun has had some great wars against a lot of top-tier talent... let’s refrain from shitting on it.

Literally none of the fighters you listed are ''great''. Win/loss is extremely important, I can't take you seriously as a ''great'' if you lost 10+ fights.

BJ 16-12-2
Couture 19-11
Rua 25-11

They're all great guys I'm sure, but with fucking 34 LOSSES between the 3, they are no where near ''great''.

At this point, DC and GSP stand alone in the truly all time greats category. Following up you have the MM, McGregor, Cruz, Holloway, Khabib, Aldo, Fedor, Hughes, etc.

Anyone with more than 5 losses is entering ''not-so-great'' territory. Don't give me that ''out of prime'' bullshit, a fighter's legacy starts at his first fight and ends at his last fight. You don't get to cherry pick where a prime ends because your favorite fighter started losing.

This is literally the most annoying shit to hear, see or even comprehend. Shogun fans and hype trains i advise you to STFU. This is not pride days. Altheticism and fight iq has changed and evolved. RIp and goodnight shogun fans.
Anthony-Smith-Shogun-Rua-696x399.jpg

Why make a clickbait title for a sherdog thread. They don’t monetize this shit dude.

and youre still living in the past. Since were living in the past lets talk how diego sanchez is still a contender and deserves a title shot. Knowing he just won the ultimate fighter. stfu bum ass
The only person saying Diego is still a contender is you. I guess you didn't see all the damage Diego and Shogun took in their careers.

How are we living in the past? Shogun was once great but injuries, mileage, and wars set him back too many times. If you disagree with that and if you think today's LHW and HW divisions are "evolved" then you are out if your mind. Or probably just a Dana shill or troll

Knee surgeries will do that to you

3x to be exact in his prime dude was a killer

Ask a friend to read it for you.
Maybe your caretaker can do you this favor... or just go up the flight of steps from your mom's basement and ask her.

I will when you wipe the Shogun cum from your mouth.

i agree op ... with the title

pride shogun beats all

Thought we pretty much determined that when he got smoked by Forrest fucking Griffin when he came to the UFC.

The only person saying Diego is still a contender is you. I guess you didn't see all the damage Diego and Shogun took in their careers.

How are we living in the past? Shogun was once great but injuries, mileage, and wars set him back too many times. If you disagree with that and if you think today's LHW and HW divisions are "evolved" then you are out if your mind. Or probably just a Dana shill or troll

The sport and fighters definitely evolved. Shogun is just old now.

Back