Shoop Dat Bug-Eyed Beast

Did you use a plug-in in After Effects for the lipsync, or did you figure out how to do that with After Effects' built-in tools? I tried messing around with lipsyncing when I first started using After Effects, but never really figured it out.

You guys inspired me to finally start using layer masks. :D

Yeah. I couldn't find a similar font, and I doubt I would have been able to recreate the textures and gradients anyway.
- F was a combination of the B, E, and the swirl on the T
- I was from the U
- N was enlarged and sharpened from the N in AND
- E was already there
- A was just resized
- S's were recolored from the S in BEAST
Z6LbG-HE.jpg

I wish I'd thought to make a tutorial for the tutorial thread when I started that shoop. The blending and re-coloring of the faces, removing the "Beauty" text, and reconstructing the font all would have been good material for a tutorial.

I followed this tutorial. It only makes the "object" get larger and smaller to the audio. After I did my shoop, I showed this Tut to @LouisBolanos and he figure out how to make it work off of movement. I have yet to try out his method. Before this I used to manually move the mouth up and down to sync with audio.

Really good work on the Beauty/beast shoop.

Yeah. I couldn't find a similar font, and I doubt I would have been able to recreate the textures and gradients anyway.
- F was a combination of the B, E, and the swirl on the T
- I was from the U
- N was enlarged and sharpened from the N in AND
- E was already there
- A was just resized
- S's were recolored from the S in BEAST
Z6LbG-HE.jpg

I wish I'd thought to make a tutorial for the tutorial thread when I started that shoop. The blending and re-coloring of the faces, removing the "Beauty" text, and reconstructing the font all would have been good material for a tutorial.

I would very much love to learn your recolouring and blending techniques, i've asked Jehannum about it but he never bothered to create one. Maybe in the future if you're doing a shoop with similar techniques? Thanks in advance!

Also regarding the lip-synch: big wave rider just posted a tutorial, use the technique in the tutorial, but instead of parenting scale to the audio keyframes like in the tutorial, parent X or Y position instead and this way you would have movement of the mouth corresponding to audio amplitude. I made a video with that technique but it's got a very heavy Nazi theme so I can't post it in public :)

Last edited:
I would very much love to learn your recolouring and blending techniques, i've asked Jehannum about it but he never bothered to create one. Maybe in the future if you're doing a shoop with similar techniques? Thanks in advance!

Also regarding the lip-synch: big wave rider just posted a tutorial, use the technique in the tutorial, but instead of parenting scale to the audio keyframes like in the tutorial, parent X or Y position instead and this way you would have movement of the mouth corresponding to audio amplitude. I made a video with that technique but it's got a very heavy Nazi theme so I can't post it in public :)
That is what alt-accounts are for

Travis' face from this fight at the time of referee stoppage (not top quality but serves well when enlarged):

post_fight_travis.png

Back