Shoop Floyd Mayweather into the UFC

4V7fm4O.gif
I've never seen an animation effect like that, it's bizarre but so cool, I could watch Floyd sweating all day

I've never seen an animation effect like that, it's bizarre but so cool, I could watch Floyd sweating all day
Thanx bro... that's some ninja sh*t @bigwaverider turned me on to. it's the "George Redhawk" effect. Here'z one of my favorite of Redhawk's masterpiecez.

iur

That is very cool, and RedHawk did that with a single piece of art?
Yeah, the software is tedious as f*ck to work with... but if you got the time you can take a still & make it move like that. This has all kinds of different movements & is very intricate. I probably got about 30 - 45 minutes in mine making Mayweather sweat... but I'm also kind of new to it... so it might not take as long the more I use it.

I didn't realize it but the Redhawk pix I copied at first was actually going backward.... like the fire was going back into the eagles mouth. Check it out again... I re-posted the one that goes the right way... which looks a lot cooler imo.

Yeah, the software is tedious as f*ck to work with... but if you got the time you can take a still & make it move like that. This has all kinds of different movements & is very intricate. I probably got about 30 - 45 minutes in mine making Mayweather sweat... but I'm also kind of new to it... so in might not take as long the more I use it.

I didn't realize it but the Redhawk pix I copied at first was actually going backward.... like the fire was going back into the eagles mouth. Check it out again... I re-posted the one that goes the right way... which looks a lot cooler imo.
is it a bit faster too? I like both just because it's such a nice piece of art

40 minutes!? I was considering doing an animation a bit like yours earlier today but not the sweating part, more like the technique you used for the speech bubble. My previous experience with animation doesn't exactly motivate me to give it a go again.

is it a bit faster too? I like both just because it's such a nice piece of art

40 minutes!? I was considering doing an animation a bit like yours earlier today but not the sweating part, more like the technique you used for the speech bubble. My previous experience with animation doesn't exactly motivate me to give it a go again.
I got about 30 - 40 min. in just the morph effect. Maybe another 10 in the rest. Say an hour at the most. I wasn't really keeping track of time.

The speach bubble was actually pretty easy. I made the Mayweather Sweating thing first in another program & then imported it into photoshop. Then I just found that McGregor gif online. Made it smaller & pasted it in there with the thought bubble.

To trim it from it's original square shape... I had to "group" the frames of the McGregor gif so that I could erase the edges & make it match the curves of the thought bubble... but once grouped... it was as easy as trimming a single image. Did it one time & it trimmed all 28 frames at the same time.

Last edited:
I got about 30 - 40 min. in just the morph effect. Maybe another 10 in the rest. Say an hour at the most. I wasn't really keeping track of time.

The speach bubble was actually pretty easy. I made the Mayweather Sweating thing first in another program & then imported it into photoshop. Then I just found that McGregor gif online. Made it smaller & pasted it in there with the thought bubble.

To trim it from it's original square shape... I had to "group" the frames of the McGregor gif so that I could erase the edges & make it fit into the bubble... but once grouped... it was as easy as trimming a single image. Did it one time & it trimmed all 28 frames at the same time.
Interesting, I would've made the whole thing into a front and back layer and just placed the gif in between them, that way there's no cutting off required. The Speech bubble on the front layer would be like a window on a house rather than a window floating in space, if that makes sense.

To trim it from it's original square shape... I had to "group" the frames of the McGregor gif so that I could erase the edges & make it match the curves of the thought bubble... but once grouped... it was as easy as trimming a single image. Did it one time & it trimmed all 28 frames at the same time.
You're definitely talking me into having a go at it again. Bit late now as I've been part of this Khabib/Tony mania for over 12 hrs straight I think, really don't know how I'm still able to read I'm so tired <45>

Interesting, I would've made the whole thing into a front and back layer and just placed the gif in between them, that way there's no cutting off required. The Speech bubble on the front layer would be like a window on a house rather than a window floating in space, if that makes sense.
Hmmm... not familiar with how that would clip off the square parts that hang outside the bubble... but if there'z an easier method I'm certainly interested in figuring it out. Also, my speach bubble was solid white... not see through... so not sure that would've worked anyway. Interested in the technique though. Can always find a see through thought bubble if it's easier. Waz pretty easy the way I did it... but I alwayz enjoy learning a new way of doing thingz. :D

Hmmm... not familiar with how that would clip off the square parts that hang outside the bubble... but if there'z an easier method I'm certainly interested in figuring it out. Also, my speach bubble was solid white... not see through... so not sure that would've worked anyway. Interested in the technique though. Can always find a see through thought bubble if it's easier. Waz pretty easy the way I did it... but I alwayz enjoy learning a new way of doing thingz. :D
I have no idea if my way is faster, just we approach the same problem differently.

I would duplicate the background layer, place the transparent speech bubble (google has many) onto the front layer then quickly draw my vector points inside the frame so I can cut out the "window" which will still look the same because of the duplicate back layer. When you place the gif as the middle layer you can line it up in the window and the excess will be hidden behind the front layer. I actually use the same technique when I want to line a head template up when it's proven to be tricky. I make a layer out of the persons hair, hat, glasses or whatever else is in the way and with some background included, then I can move the template around at will until I'm happy with the placement. Sometimes I keep the layer and other times I remove it and tidy up manually, situational really.

I have no idea if my way is faster, just we approach the same problem differently.

I would duplicate the background layer, place the transparent speech bubble (google has many) onto the front layer then quickly draw my vector points inside the frame so I can cut out the "window" which will still look the same because of the duplicate back layer. When you place the gif as the middle layer you can line it up in the window and the excess will be hidden behind the front layer. I actually use the same technique when I want to line a head template up when it's proven to be tricky. I make a layer out of the persons hair, hat, glasses or whatever else is in the way and with some background included, then I can move the template around at will until I'm happy with the placement. Sometimes I keep the layer and other times I remove it and tidy up manually, situational really.
forgot to add that I wouldn't flatten the speech bubble into the front layer until I've cut out underneath the frame using the vector points (or my stylus which would be much faster) but it has to be merged down after that or it won't work.

forgot to add that I wouldn't flatten the speech bubble into the front layer until I've cut out underneath the frame using the vector points (or my stylus which would be much faster) but it has to be merged down after that or it won't work.
That's interesting. Not sure why it wouldn't work without merging it. Seems like it could just be a separate layer & would still show through all good. Perhaps I'm not understanding the process like I think.
> create a copy of the background that layz over top of the original perfectly.
>cut a hole in the copy that's sitting on top
>put the gif between the 2 that shows through the hole.
>place a thought bubble on top that has the middle transparent.

By my understanding the gif should show through whether the bubble is merged or not.

That's interesting. Not sure why it wouldn't work without merging it. Seems like it could just be a separate layer & would still show through all good. Perhaps I'm not understanding the process like I think.
> create a copy of the background that layz over top of the original perfectly.
>cut a hole in the copy that's sitting on top
>put the gif between the 2 that shows through the hole.
>place a thought bubble on top that has the middle transparent.

By my understanding the gif should show through whether the bubble is merged or not.
If you merge it before you do the cutting you will cut into the frame, and you need the bubble as a visual reference for making sure you cut out the right sized hole. You are right that it doesn't need merging at all but for animating it I would merge it so I only have to paste one (png) frame using the duplicate option that wouldn't need to be positioned because it's the same size as the animation. I would do all the lining up in photoshop and then use that as a visual reference when setting up the animation in another program. Most of the gifs I made I edited frame by frame in photoshop then flicked between the frames to see if I had lined it up as I wanted before moving onto the next frame.

I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time even with photoshop so I've probably developed some bad habits, and your explanation was correct with the only difference being that I'd have the frame positioned as a layer before step 2, as I mentioned in the paragraph above.

If you merge it before you do the cutting you will cut into the frame, and you need the bubble as a visual reference for making sure you cut out the right sized hole. You are right that it doesn't need merging at all but for animating it I would merge it so I only have to paste one (png) frame using the duplicate option that wouldn't need to be positioned because it's the same size as the animation. I would do all the lining up in photoshop and then use that as a visual reference when setting up the animation in another program. Most of the gifs I made I edited frame by frame in photoshop then flicked between the frames to see if I had lined it up as I wanted before moving onto the next frame.

I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time even with photoshop so I've probably developed some bad habits, and your explanation was correct with the only difference being that I'd have the frame positioned as a layer before step 2, as I mentioned in the paragraph above.
Cool, I think we're on the same page... I just wanted to make sure I understood your technique... I'm alwayz up to stretch out my knowledge of this huge & quite often "pain in the ass" program... lol.

I have been doing frame by frame animation in photoshop up till now as well. (I just started messing around with that other "morphing" software like last week.) Photoshop does the job for frame by frame animations... but it's tedious as fook. I'm still learning... but the more I learn, the more I think there'z probably better programz for animation. Photoshop is great for simple ainimation stuff or static pictures... but tedious as fook with major animation projects.

Cool, I think we're on the same page... I just wanted to make sure I understood your technique... I'm alwayz up to stretch out my knowledge of this huge & quite often "pain in the ass" program... lol.

I have been doing frame by frame animation in photoshop up till now as well. (I just started messing around with that other "morphing" software like last week.) Photoshop does the job for frame by frame animations... but it's tedious as fook. I'm still learning... but the more I learn, the more I think there'z probably better programz for animation. Photoshop is great for simple ainimation stuff or static pictures... but tedious as fook with major animation projects.
I saw a second templates link in @LouisBolanos' signature and you currently only have the first one in yours. Worth a look. They haven't really helped me yet but I love the idea, and using ctrl-f to find what you need is great.

I saw a second templates link in @LouisBolanos' signature and you currently only have the first one in yours. Worth a look. They haven't really helped me yet but I love the idea, and using ctrl-f to find what you need is great.
Good looking out... will take a look.

A lot of times it's a current event we're shooping on here & so we gotta cut our own templates as we go... but man it is so convenient when you just need a quick head or 2 that's in that data base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back