Short video. Back to kicking after injury

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

Had my first kick session today after a few weeks without any kicking. Some strange things in my hips. Pain and very little mobility.

Doctors could not find anything wrong. Felt a bit better this weekend. So i have started kicking again.

But man i feel stiff and slooooow.

<mma1>

How'd you injure the knee? I've actually had one recently, took more leg kicks recently and thought it would pass like usual, but the knee's starting to feel wierd hitting nerves all around, gonna get that checked out tomorrow.

Also, why the video categorized under "music"?

My knee is not that bad. It became a bit "weak" after i twisted it because of my locked hip.

So my knee will be fine soon. Its my hip that is the real problem..

My knee is not that bad. It became a bit "weak" after i twisted it because of my locked hip.

So my knee will be fine soon. Its my hip that is the real problem..

Just make sure the weak knee isnt an unstable one. I twisyed my kneed badly in sparring. Went to class the next day and found out later i had a severally strained meniscus. Started kicking again only last night. Ill probably throw up a video soon.

Just be safe with it if its wobbly or unstable id get the knee checked. It could be messing up the kinetic chain causing more strain on the hip as well.

It bothers me how you still drop your hands after making contact and just lazily back off.

Find a good physical therapist and have them check your hip/pelvis alignment. Due to previous injuries and surgeries mine are chronically unstable and I'm prone to pelvic rotation combined with hip displacement (or in some cases counter rotation of each side). I know it's bad (aside of the hip feeling off, scraping, tightness, etc) because my knee acts up (sometimes ankle) as a sort of a chain reaction. Long story short, I ground the periphery of my meniscus into mangled pieces from training through it misaligned. Several docs missed it as did my first therapist. 2nd one was excellent and spotted it almost immediately. Worth looking into. If you get it early enough it's relatively minor to get it to move back and stabilize but once it's slop like mine any decent amount of training will make it worse. Don't get old! :)

Just make sure the weak knee isnt an unstable one. I twisyed my kneed badly in sparring. Went to class the next day and found out later i had a severally strained meniscus. Started kicking again only last night. Ill probably throw up a video soon.

Just be safe with it if its wobbly or unstable id get the knee checked. It could be messing up the kinetic chain causing more strain on the hip as well.
Heelhooked?

I second going to visit a good physio for a few sessions. It's worth it if they know what they are doing.

Yeah. You guys are probably right. I will go at the end of this week.

Hope its nothing serious

This is the saddest thing in training any kind of martial arts - the constant injuries! I have a fucking collection, in every bloody joint and ligament. So frustrating.

Butched uchi mata. As i went to hook his leg he drops right onto my leg and tweaks my knee. Best believe i laced him with leg kicks from my dangling shin after
<NightKingBringIt>
That hurt just reading that.

This is the saddest thing in training any kind of martial arts - the constant injuries! I have a fucking collection, in every bloody joint and ligament. So frustrating.
Its a catch-22. We start this as a fun way to get healthy and to feel good, and at the end some wierd voodoo happens where we're young peeps trapped in a old man's body.

And I'm not even going into liver damage from weight cutting as well

Its a catch-22. We start this as a fun way to get healthy and to feel good, and at the end some wierd voodoo happens where we're young peeps trapped in a old man's body.

And I'm not even going into liver damage from weight cutting as well
Lucky me - never had to cut weight.

Wislawa Szymborska (Polish poet, Nobel Prize in Literature) used to ironically say "through sport to disability". Damned old hag was right.

Lucky me - never had to cut weight.

Wislawa Szymborska (Polish poet, Nobel Prize in Literature) used to ironically say "through sport to disability". Damned old hag was right.
Either way my liver is fucked. I like whiskey, and rum. And I also cut quite a bit. Oh and people trying to liver shot it too

Either way my liver is fucked. I like whiskey, and rum. And I also cut quite a bit. Oh and people trying to liver shot it too
I've been on NSAIDs for years too...

g1404307422971096585.jpg

Wait, that doesn't make it stronger!?! :meow:<30>
Its all good though, in 5 years, we'll all be able to access liver transplants (even poor people) from political prisoners from China. Maybe I can get 3 for the price of 1, and hopefully there's a return policy

Hell yeah. Stealth liver.... take 1 full on, no worries, I've got a spare. I like it! Sign me up.

So my doctor says that its not my hips at all. The problem is minor muscle strain in my lower back.

I can do all kind of normal kicking and training.. Just no very heavy deadlifts.

This is a good day .

<GinJuice>

Back