Should Flyweight be merged with Bantamweight?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
DJ and Cejudo are leagues above the rest of division. The top 5 has barely changed since the division was born. With the CSAC weight stats that came out, Flyweights are the same size as the average Bantamweight. The division has zero needle moving ability and never will. Cejudo kills himself to make 125, hence why he is moving up 135 as he knows that 125 has no future. Nobody wants to see 125 pound men fight. Whats gonna happen? DJ will just rematch all the people he has already beat, or Henry will just beat everyone else that DJ has already beat. Just get rid of 125 and 135 and create a new 140, as there are only a couple men that weigh less then 140 in the entire UFC.

I believe the entire division has 25 guys.

140, 150, 160, 175, 185, 205, HW

giphy.gif

Yes please. Been saying this since day 1.

Most of the flyweights used to fight at BW anyway. There's a limit to how small people can get before I lose interest and BW is the limit. I'm sorry I cannot take 5'3" 125lbs dudes seriously, especially when they're in there with refs like Herb and Big Dan that make them look like children.

I'm okay with keeping them if they start doing shit like advertising happy meals during fights

Yes please. Been saying this since day 1.

Most of the flyweights used to fight at BW anyway. There's a limit to how small people can get before I lose interest and BW is the limit. I'm sorry I cannot take 5'3" 125lbs dudes seriously, especially when they're in there with refs like Herb and Big Dan that make them look like children.

5'3 is pushing midget territory.

and I agree 135, or even a 140 should be the bottom. Add 5 pounds to most of the lower classes to help fight weight cutting.

I don't know about 140. But I do agree that they should eliminate 125. Having a 125 pound division for men is ridiculous. This is not the kids league.

Those two weight classes should be merged with WMMA and thrown in a dumpster along with reebok and usada

All WMMA and 125+135lb men = WEC revival. Make it so.

I don't know about 140. But I do agree that they should eliminate 125. Having a 125 pound division for men is ridiculous. This is not the kids league.
Bantamweights by percentage tend to cut a lot of weight. Plus making it 140 would help with the manlet bias.

Yeah 125 is ridiculous.

You went from merging 125 and 135 to restructuring the majority of the weight classes. Wtf?

{<huh}

Just added 5 pounds 135-175. Just to make 140 proportional.

You went from merging 125 and 135 to restructuring the majority of the weight classes. Wtf?

{<huh}

That's what they always do, you go on a movie date and the next thing you know she's moved in, you own a pet together, joint bank account, she's pregnant and boom you lose custody of the kid, she takes 50% of your savings and tell you go get BTFO.

No. Cejudo just lost to Benavidez not long ago and his win reinvigorated the division a bit. I’m hopeful Garbrandt will make the move after seeing his fight night weight thanks to the CSAC.

That's what they always do, you go on a movie date and the next thing you know she's moved in, you own a pet together, joint bank account, she's pregnant and boom you lose custody of the kid, she takes 50% of your savings and tell you go get BTFO.

Anyone that does joint bank accounts has that coming.

new weight brackets would work well IMO ..

130 , 145, 160, 175, 190, 205, 220

or

135, 150, 165, 180, 195, 210, 225

Back