Should Harvard acknowledge that Senator Warren is not a "woman of color."

Did Elizabeth Warren commit fraud?

• Total voters

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
EDIT: It appears that Senator Warren did not receive scholarships to college, or use her claims of NA heritage to gain advantage in the school admissions process. I apologize for my assumption that her claims extended back that far, when they started afterwards. My mistake.

She did claim it as a law professor at Harvard, respectively, and was noted as a "Woman of color" and given awards under the presumption made from her claims of cherokee association/ethnicity, which appear to not be true.

What is the threshold for making these claims and taking advantage of them? I would think that less than 1/10th of 1% does not subject a person to the assumed hardships that allow for the extra benefits a minority (in a particular area) receives, based on their ethnic/minority status. Is that incorrect? Are the "affirmative action" type policies not to assist in alleged, assumed hardships? If a person claims to be something they are not to get into a school, or to recieve preferential treatment at work, is that not false pretenses or fraud?

I will say that the lie would likely have to be intentional. I think that creates a gray area. I forgot about minor violations I had had as a teenager, which were about 20 years old, that I later reported to my law school. This omission did not give me any additional status, or financial benefit. The letter I received stated I would have been admitted anyway. Warren did not do this in the admission process, but did so at a job in academia, which may have carried some similar benefit.

Was Harvard looking too hard for a token minority? Should they acknowledge their mistake, and retroactively change the awards given to Warren as a "woman of color?"

Last edited:
Dump

I've been making fun of her for the native American desperation, but as far as I know, it hasn't even been proven she listed her race as NA on any application of any sort

No, but she should stop claiming native heritage. She's whiter than wonder bread.

Dump

I've been making fun of her for the native American desperation, but as far as I know, it hasn't even been proven she listed her race as NA on any application of any sort

I think that's what started the whole thing. I'm pretty sure she did. If somebody knows more, please enlighten.

Also, dump your mom.

Without a doubt both.

Dump

Oh, and it's a good enough discussion talking about what the threshold should really be for claiming victim/local minority status to gain benefits.

Is Rachel Doziers (sp? idgaf) cultural identity enough? Who are these scholarships and added admissions points for?

elizabeth_warren_liawatha_8.jpg

0ed.jpg

Bill Hader is more sub-saharan African than Warren is native American. Would he be ok applying to a college as an African American?

I think that's what started the whole thing. I'm pretty sure she did. If somebody knows more, please enlighten.

Also, dump your mom.

you're pretty sure? where's your proof? you have a link to a copy of her college application somewhere?

Also, dump your mom.

You should source the claim as you are the TS. I heard that claim about the application was utter BS, so source?

I think she should be scalped

I think she should give the proceeds from her "contributions" to the book "Pow Wow Chow" to the people she actually plagiarized and stole the recipes from.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/elizabeth-warren-wealthy-native-american/

They finish up supporting er as much as possible, which doesn't surprise me, but she claimed this ancestry and was considered a "woman of color" while teaching at Harvard, respectively, and she did not rebuke Scott Browns (her political opponent) assertions that she checked Native American boxes while applying to law school, and for her undergrad I believe.

"I think character is important. I think what you’re referring to is the fact that Professor Warren claimed that she was a Native American, a person of color, and as you can see, she’s not. That being said, she checked the box and she had an opportunity actually to make a decision throughout her career when she applied to Penn and Harvard and she checked the box claiming she was a Native American.And, you know, clearly she’s not. That being said, I don’t know and neither do the viewers know whether she got ahead as a result of that checking of the box, but the only way that we’ll be able to find that out is to have her release her personnel records, have Harvard release their personnel records to make sure that she did not have an advantage that others were entitled to. When you are a United States Senator you have to pass a test, and one of character and honesty and truthfulness. And I believe, and others believe, that she has failed that test."

He then encouraged her to release records on the matter, which she did not.

I voted no
I think she handled this whole thing badly.
It is really making her look silly.

She should have just said.. " my parents and grandparents have always said we were part native American and I didn't really have a reason not to believe them .. so I went with it. Yeah I could be wrong but I never sought out to deceive anyone"

But this is what happens when you're so consumed with partisan politics that you have to use everything as a talking point or double down on every defense.

Should should be forced to give up her land.

I voted no
I think she handled this whole thing badly.
It is really making her look silly.

She should have just said.. " my parents and grandparents have always said we were part native American and I didn't really have a reason not to believe them .. so I went with it. Yeah I could be wrong but I never sought out to deceive anyone"

But this is what happens when you're so consumed with partisan politics that you have to use everything as a talking point or double down on every defense.

This 100%. The only change I would make is the statement. Id' have her say this:

She should have just said.. " my parents and grandparents have always said we were part native American and I didn't really have a reason not to believe them .. so I went with it. A DNA test showed that to be wrong but I never sought out to deceive anyone"

Instead she's pretending and letting the media pretend that she was some how right.

Last edited:
The old white men that run the law schools wanted her to help with their image problem - I really can't blame her for all of this (except for last week's "campaign commercial" with the guy from 23&Me - that was the lulz).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back