Should Harvard acknowledge that Senator Warren is not a "woman of color."

Did Elizabeth Warren commit fraud?

• Total voters
Right, so she misrepresented herself.
What's the guideline to fill out that form? There's nothing by each race check box that says "one drop rule", "German Jew standards", "Japanese interment camp standards", etc. People with multiple known races have no idea how to fill out those forms. It's a legit concern. If she heard she has Native American somewhere down the family line and she thinks they want the one drop rule, I can see why she would check that box. I'm mixed and I have no fucking idea how to fill out those forms.

Last edited:
I've adjusted the OP. I would say both parties are culpable for allowing Warren to be awarded and acknowledged as a "woman of color."

It does not appear that she maintained her later assertions in the admissions process, respectively.

Sorry.

The truth is she was a well established professor, lecturer, and lawyer long before she ever accepted a job at Harvard. That job was in the 90s. She was involved in academics since the late 70s as a post-graduate.

She was sought after as an expert on bankruptcy law BEFORE her term at Harvard.

She was wrong about her heritage and embellished on her job application. Big deal.

Trump's family lied about their German heritage for nearly 100 years to the benefit of their business. Do you have any issue with that? Why don't you make a thread about that?

It impacts you though. I was left thinking.. If I check the Asian box with the white box, does it mean I have to have a higher SAT and better grades to get in to college than if I just check the white box?

I'm 25% Asian.. what's their racial purity standard? Everyone's a bit mixed, am I close enough to be pure white? Most people think I'm white, so do I check what most people think? Or does that some people think I'm part Asian mean that I'm mixed and should check the box? In the south, people notice my Asianess more -- in the North where there are more Asians, almost never. Yet, in Asia people noticed right away. Yet, in Europe no one noticfed. Do I use the north's perception, the south's perception, Europe's perception, or Asia's perception? I looked more white when I was younger, and more noticeably Asian as I got older.. do I fill that form out differently at different periods of my life? Do I balance my being part Asian against how much it hurts me racially? How do I decide it on my own? German Jew standards? Japanese internment camp standards? One drop rule? What the fuck? Those are all thoughts I have on that stupid fucking form every fucking time.

I end up flipping a coin to make that decision each time. I usually just it blank now. I can easily see why Warren might have checked the box.

I understand your point and it makes sense.

But I still have the same response. You get to pick, and in your case you wouldn't be wrong no matter what you pick.

Yes, especially if she was using them to further her career. She did btw.

So you were saying that the .009% was similar to the 50-100% in Peruvians? Ok. That wasn't clear.

Yes . . . any "Native American" DNA that her test supposedly listed was more similar to Latin Americans than Native Americans in the continental US.

What's the guideline to fill out that form? There's nothing by each check box that says "one drop rule", "German Jew standards", "Japanese interment camp standards", etc. People with multiple races have no idea how to fill out those forms. It's a legit concern. If she heard she has Native American somewhere down the family line and she thinks they want the one drop rule, I can see why she would check that box. I'm mixed and I have no fucking idea how to fill out those forms.

You continue to downplay her actions. For starters, it's more than just one form. She carried on this ruse as she advanced her career. Again, nobody who thinks they have a little native blood signs their name with "Cherokee". Such a person would refuse to be named first NA anything, but she accepted it knowing the privilege the title confers. The only reasonable takeaway here is that she is wrong to have claimed Native status and she should retract the claim.

Would be a waste of time. They don't have records far enough back for her to prove anything.

Maybe. Maybe not. If she can prove lineage to someone on the Dawes Roll it would be proof . . . that data/record does exist.

The truth is she was a well established professor, lecturer, and lawyer long before she ever accepted a job at Harvard. That job was in the 90s. She was involved in academics since the late 70s as a post-graduate.

She was sought after as an expert on bankruptcy law BEFORE her term at Harvard.

She was wrong about her heritage and embellished on her job application. Big deal.

Trump's family lied about their German heritage for nearly 100 years to the benefit of their business. Do you have any issue with that? Why don't you make a thread about that?

She wasn't wrong about her heritage at all. The DNA test proved that she is actually part Native American.

The thing is, there's no guideline on those race forms that says exactly how much you need for each race check box. If those forms want the one drop rule, she filled it out correctly. Alternatively, if those forms did want the one drop rule and she only checked the "white" box then that would be fraud. The forms are fucking stupid and it's fucking stupid that this is a national issue. The race forms need to go away. Racial and gender preference for government contracts and racial discrimination in both college admissions and hiring need to go away. The left has us here by making racial discrimination and gender discrimination a part of awarding government contracts, getting into college, and getting jobs.

I understand your point and it makes sense.

But I still have the same response. You get to pick, and in your case you wouldn't be wrong no matter what you pick.
Would my kids be wrong in what they pick? What about their kid's kids? Would Warren's parent be justified in checking that? What about her great great grandparent and why? Exactly when does it become "wrong" and why? It doesn't set racial purity standards on the forms. You can't blame Warren because the government or Harvard didn't define their racial purity standards.

She wasn't wrong about her heritage at all. The DNA test proved that she is actually part Native American.

The thing is, there's no guideline on those race forms that says exactly how much you need for each race check box. If those forms want the one drop rule, she filled it out correctly. Alternatively, if those forms did want the one drop rule and she only checked the "white" box then that would be fraud. The forms are fucking stupid and it's fucking stupid that this is a national issue. The race forms need to go away. Racial and gender preference for government contracts and racial discrimination in both college admissions and hiring need to go away. The left has us here by making racial discrimination and gender discrimination a part of awarding government contracts, getting into college, and getting jobs.

You're trying to have it both ways. If she was abiding by the one-drop rule, she should not have accepted the title of first NA tenure. So she wasn't abiding by the one-drop rule, obviously.

You're trying to have it both ways. If she was abiding by the one-drop rule, she should not have accepted the title of first NA tenure. So she wasn't abiding by the one-drop rule, obviously.
If racial purity standards aren't defined on the form then it can go both ways.

If racial purity standards aren't defined on the form then it can go both ways.

Racial purity standards? The only way you're point has merit is if we reduce race to something meaningless, to where average black dudes can identify white because they have 15% European blood. In such a world i agree she is vindicated.

EDIT: It appears that Senator Warren did not receive scholarships to college, or use her claims of NA heritage to gain advantage in the school admissions process. I apologize for my assumption that her claims extended back that far, when they started afterwards. My mistake.

She did claim it as a law professor at Harvard, respectively, and was noted as a "Woman of color" and given awards under the presumption made from her claims of cherokee association/ethnicity, which appear to not be true.

What is the threshold for making these claims and taking advantage of them? I would think that less than 1/10th of 1% does not subject a person to the assumed hardships that allow for the extra benefits a minority (in a particular area) receives, based on their ethnic/minority status. Is that incorrect? Are the "affirmative action" type policies not to assist in alleged, assumed hardships? If a person claims to be something they are not to get into a school, or to recieve preferential treatment at work, is that not false pretenses or fraud?

I will say that the lie would likely have to be intentional. I think that creates a gray area. I forgot about minor violations I had had as a teenager, which were about 20 years old, that I later reported to my law school. This omission did not give me any additional status, or financial benefit. The letter I received stated I would have been admitted anyway. Warren did not do this in the admission process, but did so at a job in academia, which may have carried some similar benefit.

Was Harvard looking too hard for a token minority? Should they acknowledge their mistake, and retroactively change the awards given to Warren as a "woman of color?"

Liberal logic:
Black
Rachel-Dolezal-NAACP-Spokane-Young-Now-1.jpg

Native American
warren-headset.jpg

Female
caitlyn-jenner-bruce-jenner.jpg

Sexist, Racist, Misogynist

No . . . it actually didn't . . . her DNA was shown to be more closely related to Latin Americans than Native Americans . . .

No . . . it actually didn't . . . her DNA was shown to be more closely related to Latin Americans than Native Americans . . .

Yeah, that means her claims of Cherokee were erroneous.

I'm curious though, most NA DNA comes up as Mongol Asian, because everybody here before Euros, besides the islanders of Hawaii, came across that land bridge at some point. Which DNA service can decipher between natives that lived north of the Southern Mexican border, and those who were south? That's impressive. Just a few years again NA DNA was just classified as "asian" lol.

Liberal logic:
Black
Rachel-Dolezal-NAACP-Spokane-Young-Now-1.jpg

Native American
warren-headset.jpg

Female
caitlyn-jenner-bruce-jenner.jpg

Sexist, Racist, Misogynist

I Don't like really any of those people too much. Surprisingly? Warren isn't near my least favorite person out of the bunch. She has stepped in some mud on this one pretty bad, but her run in the legal profession was pretty impressive; law can be hard.

All of the people in all those pictures are willing to do (say etc...) strange things, which aren't beneficial to themselves or others long term, to gain an edge over others.

Last edited:

Well that I agree with, she wasn't wrong because she believed it at the time, and it's a non-issue being blown up for partisan purposes.

Racial purity standards? The only way you're point has merit is if we reduce race to something meaningless, to where average black dudes can identify white because they have 15% European blood. In such a world i agree she is vindicated.

A lot of African Americans actually are shocked when they go to Africa and they're not considered black but instead as white or mixed.

African Americans would be perfectly justified in checking both "white" and "black" on those forms. By African's perceptions, they'd be committing fraud if they didn't.

I can't believe you fuckers are still trying to vindicate her and we are STILL talking about this after both the Cherokee AND Sioux nation said she was full of shit and her actions were a misrepresentation. Yet you all conveniently sidestep THAT part of this debate because some how you have equivilated their statements to Kanye's support of Trump. "Well if a black guy or a Native don't support Warren they must be race traitors and therefore support Trump."

Fucking echo chamber NPC's

Back