Should i stop competing?

biggest factor in answering this is how old ts is.

If you´re young and really want it, training doesn´t hurt. You can train for 3 years without competing. If you love it you´ll do it. Now comepting is risk. You get hurt.

But if you´re like +30 and lost 5 out of 5. It might be not your talent or just at this stage you´re not there.
Competing is serious career risk in pro boxing.
In ams doesn't matter fight records numbers but places and rank you have in international level. Only...you should not be permanently damaged. And still even death cases had happened so think before ink.
Am KB is IMHO more brutal than am boxing.

Well .. I competed in a Kickboxing tournament but came last place and i'm 0-2 in grappling tournaments also. Should i keep going? I can't seem to win at all...
Love combat sports though.
Keep fighting...and where do you compete? I wanna pad my record.

Competing is serious career risk in pro boxing.
In ams doesn't matter fight records numbers but places and rank you have in international level. Only...you should not be permanently damaged. And still even death cases had happened so think before ink.
Am KB is IMHO more brutal than am boxing.
It's fighting

At 0-2 hell no, way too early since you have just started

When you go 0- 15 like guy at my gym then yea time to hang them up

(That being said i must say my quality of life went up like hell after i stopped competing lol)

It's fighting
Not only this.
In pro boxing you should do this like a pro career. In most cases not to worry about $ for first fights and worry about proper matchmaking in order to climb up.
Or if you are casual journeyman, you might earn additional income by beating bums etc for record and fighting studs where you will be in B side ( away corner ).

Gatekeeper types etc stuff are different story....

Etc.

Ofc area and timeframe matters a lot.
In central or eastern europe with 0-6 pro record you are almost 0 ...
While as some yourneyman with 3-3 record and better ranking will be different opportunities about ability to earn money etc....

Pro fighting and high level ams are career jobs.
Pro boxing is merciless about lost fights in records, pro KB, MT are more lenient....

Thanks for all the feedback ill keep at it!

Last edited:
1. How old are you?
2. How much damage are you taking in these kickboxing fights?
3. Realistically, how good is your gym and teammates compared to other gyms in the state.

I can’t tell you if you should give up fighting or not, but I don’t think you should quit grappling until you win a few. Literally no downside to grappling
"No downside to grappling" besides joints being torn to pieces. :D

I d rather get ko d then the injuries I have seen repeatedly in BJJ especially at beginners level.

Sure repeated headtrauma can lead to horrible long-term trauma. There I agree 100%

"No downside to grappling" besides joints being torn to pieces. :D

I d rather get ko d then the injuries I have seen repeatedly in BJJ especially at beginners level.

Sure repeated headtrauma can lead to horrible long-term trauma. There I agree 100%
I agree. My worst injury was from a judo match at our dojo. Tore up my right knee. 8 weeks to rehab but 15 years later still hurts occasionally. My team mate was not so lucky. Tore up her knee and $7000 in surgery to fix it. She dropped out of Judo after that. I talked to several experienced judo competitors and they have had their share of injuries including broken fingers. For me, the mistake was resisting when the big guy had me in the beginning of a throw which resulted in my weight and his weight on my right knee. With that said, we have a 80+ year old training in Judo. Have to train and compete smart. Not me.

Well .. I competed in a Kickboxing tournament but came last place and i'm 0-2 in grappling tournaments also. Should i keep going? I can't seem to win at all... Love combat sports though.
I think that you like fighting, you should keep doing it. It took me a couple years to get a handle on the nerves and win more consistently. I lost fights that I should have easily won, but kept at it.

Don't worry about an amateur record, get the mileage on the odometer. It takes time to iron all that shit out. Yeah sure some dudes hit the ground running, but in my experience it's better to overcome loosing early rather than after a large undefeated streak. Alot of those dudes mentality crumble and are never the same.

A old friend of mine, I can't recall the details exactly, but I think he was like 0-6 and then went on a 10 win streak after that. Keep fighting if you want to fight. Winning or losing doesn't matter. Stepping in there and doing it is what counts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back