Should Jorge Masvidal retire?

He should step up and fight Usman. No one else will, and I don't think Misvidal has anything to lose.

Jorge Masvidal is a weird fighter. He only ever fights to match his opponents pace. He never seems to turn it up.

That's why he's got so many split decisions on his record.

I'd be happy if the UFC cuts him or he just retires. I dont enjoy his fights.

LOL! No. He has 1 KO and only 4 finishes in his last 22 fights over 9 years.

I have no clue whatsoever why Sherdoggers think this guy is some sort of killer. He is not.

Most actually don't. But it's been clearly proven that Jorge or his manager or whatever, set up a shitload of fake accounts on Sherdog last year.

It was the weirdest thing. You have Jorge Masvidal, with like 13 losses already and mostly split decision wins, and all of a sudden every second post about who deserves the next WW title shot is saying Masvidal deserves it.

There were so many threads and posts about how he's the next big killer and he should fight for the title. While not even having a solid win streak.

Most was done by new accounts.

It's an interesting tactic by him or his managers, but it was pretty obvious.

Last edited:
I still believe he's in his prime till and hasnt really taken as much fighting damage as other fighters that have fought as long.

Most actually don't. But it's been clearly proven that Jorge or his manager or whatever, set up a shitload of fake accounts on Sherdog last year.

It was the weirdest thing. You have Jorge Masvidal, with like 13 losses already and mostly split decision wins, and all of a sudden every second post about who deserves the next WW is saying Masvidal deserves it.

There were so many threads and posts about how he's the next big killer and he should fight for the title. While not even having a solid win streak.

Most was done by new accounts.

It's an interesting tactic by him or his managers, but it was pretty obvious.
Legit theory - I believe it.

I'd comment further but I don't want dubs again.

<mma4>

Naw another 2-4 potential good years left in him if he wants them.

He elevated his worth to the UFC with that knock out of Cowboy and that was just a little over a year ago so no. He's not declined and he's not even competing at his natural weight class. He got himself all the way to the main card of the biggest ufc show of last year. It's obvious the UFC have grown more fond of him too. He's got some time left. Will he be champion? probably not. I don't think it's his natural weight class and he's inconsistent but welterweights thin on challengers and his fights are usually close. He's got a shot at possibly having a few more potential paydays.

If the best Jorge Masvidal shows up it's an uncomfortable night for anyone. Hope he puts it together.

Jorge Masvidal is a weird fighter. He only ever fights to match his opponents pace. He never seems to turn it up.

That's why he's got so many split decisions on his record.

I'd be happy if the UFC cuts him or he just retires. I dont enjoy his fights.
He was awesome against Cerrone. But yea, I agree that he needs to shift to a higher gear in his fights.

It wouldve been a big win if he beat Wonderboy, but he couldnt that night. Hes not that old but hes got a lot of fights under his belt. Should he hop out?

Why don't you "hop out" and retire your account for making this shitty thread.

Like Masvidal def don't want him to retire but his best win is Cerrone other than that hes lost to every other big name he's faced granted always competitive

Pretty save to say he absolutely shouldn't retire after tonight

Pretty save to say he absolutely shouldn't retire after tonight
A member of the 'Platinum nation' who doesn't know when to use 'save' and 'safe'.

Sounds about right.

Let him have one more fight , then onto a Title fight, get the belt, defend twice, make some cash, call it a day...That’s what I would tell him...

No. Looks like he's in his prime.

Back