Should Michael Richards get another shot?

Guy seemed to be typecast before this thing went down. Sure maybe there was a chance he got lucky like Ed O'Neil and was able to escape it, but saying N***** like 20 times in a row in a public setting at a group of black people just getting to their seats doesn't exactly endear you to people.

Also as people have referenced Mel. Mel is a phenomenal director and actor. We actually missed out on a ton of potentially great work over his blackballing, I doubt anyone feels this way about Richards.

NQTAvWe.gif

yall should watch the Cracked video on Kramer being a secret rage monster

it's very enlightening on the guy

He’s got a ton of fuck you money. If I were him, I wouldn’t care.

The pinnacles of Richard's career...

Got to share the genius of UHF with my kid's recently... They fucking loved it and my wife just shook her head that I've never really grown up.

If he's worthy of another shot, then he should get it.

People in Hollywood have said much worse and gotten a free pass for it.

He was a nobody before and after Seinfeld.

I honestly didn't even like him on Seinfeld, but I guess a lot of people did.

My point is, he just got a lucky break, and now that it's over, the universe has put him back where he belongs. He deserves to be able to get a career as an insurance agent without his racist remarks ruining that for him, but that's it.

Yea I never liked him that much on Seinfeld either. He would have his moments but out of the main crew on that show he was easily the most annoying. His mooching off Jerry just kind of annoyed me.

That's absolutely true, but Robert Downey jr.'s wasn't either until he became iron Man.
Nah. RDJ was doing some good stuff. He was always a good actor. I don’t think Richards is that great. He wa good for his role in Seinfield but he never did anything outside of that.

Maybe all the guys who have been blackballed in Hollywood and TV should come together and do one giant, "Expendables" type movie with Mel Gibson directing and Weinstein as producer. It could sort of be a comedy spoof of 50'ies Hollywood commie-blackballing. Obviously Roseanne gets the female lead as she is the only woman currently blackballed as far as I know.

Either this is brilliant, or I'm a little drunk.

Another shot at what? Let's not pretend the guy was anything more than Kramer. Outside of that, he was a mid-tier comic.

Is he red or blue? The blue side seem to get a pass.

Maybe all the guys who have been blackballed in Hollywood and TV should come together and do one giant, "Expendables" type movie with Mel Gibson directing and Weinstein as producer. It could sort of be a comedy spoof of 50'ies Hollywood commie-blackballing. Obviously Roseanne gets the female lead as she is the only woman currently blackballed as far as I know.

Either this is brilliant, or I'm a little drunk.

Speaking of Expendables/Stallone, and not necessarily blackballing, but I read once or twice about it being him who started the rumor about Richard Gere getting a the gerbil stuck up his butt. Pretty cold-blooded, IMO

yall should watch the Cracked video on Kramer being a secret rage monster

it's very enlightening on the guy

Cliffs?

He lost it on stage due to heckling, and while I think we can empathize with that, it's impossible to sympathize with how he used the word. He harassed his own customer base at the Comedy Factory, IIRC, no different than Kaep harassing his base, except that Kaep didn't even directly attack and personally insult this base (even if his politics imply an attack on character-- it's not how he framed it). He deliberately used it hatefully to attack those people.

That is what we were trying to stop in the first place.

Then, later, he issued these bizarre half-hearted apologies that didn't feel sincere. He was only given the opportunity because of Jerry, and he squandered them.

I don't think he should be made a pariah from society, but it's hard to sympathize with a figure who depends on the acceptance of the public's love for a more prosperous career, and greater exposure, when he abuses that public in this fashion.

10 years ago yeah he's finished.

Now? Seriously being racist doesn't mean shit anymore, thanks to modern culture calling everyone and his dog racist.

Kramer is P4P the most hillarious character ever.

10 years ago yeah he's finished.

Now? Seriously being racist doesn't mean shit anymore, thanks to modern culture calling everyone and his dog racist.

Kramer is P4P the most hillarious character ever.
That's the "Crying Wolf" effect: a child's lesson.

I really want to emphasize that last part.

He is actually a dick to work with according to lot of the history / examination of Seinfeld books ive read.

Yes, i have read multiple books about the show.

He would get another "chance" if he was A. not totally typecast as kramer and B, a better cast mate

i dont care if people are racists or say racist things. if you get offended by something thats on you, not on the person that says or does something you dont like

Back