Should Michael Richards get another shot?

That's absolutely true, but Robert Downey jr.'s wasn't either until he became iron Man.
i think you are on to something! isnt downey leaving the role? if so, richards would be the perfect person to replace him!

Yeah id welcome him back, but he is a character. Hes always gonna be the lanky kramer that falls down. Hes old now and i doubt he can do that.

perhaps an unpopular opinion, but was it really that bad what he did? I always thought it was more on the bad taste humor side of things. I wouldn't call it a "racist rant". Definitely not something that should end someone's career.

Same, I wasn’t even mad at him in the first place so the thought of him being punished just never really entered my mind.

Not saying he didn’t do anything wrong, but there’s a spectrum to that.

Got into an hour long argument with a family member over this, which I get is dumb...but should he be snubbed by Hollywood forever over his racist rant 12 years ago?

He was in the wrong totally...but time has passed and I could see him doing a voiceover for an animated movie at the least. I always felt he had a voice for it. I feel people change and at some point deserve a second shot but it seems like this moment defined his whole career.

Thoughts? Also, aside from Mel Gibson, have any other racist actors/entertainers bounced back, made amends and made it?
Id rather not have racists working on movies aimed at children

He was a nobody before and after Seinfeld.

I honestly didn't even like him on Seinfeld, but I guess a lot of people did.

My point is, he just got a lucky break, and now that it's over, the universe has put him back where he belongs. He deserves to be able to get a career as an insurance agent without his racist remarks ruining that for him, but that's it.
A nobody?
Come on, man, who could forget such triumphs of the human spirit as Problem Child and Coneheads?

Got into an hour long argument with a family member over this, which I get is dumb...but should he be snubbed by Hollywood forever over his racist rant 12 years ago?

He was in the wrong totally...but time has passed and I could see him doing a voiceover for an animated movie at the least. I always felt he had a voice for it. I feel people change and at some point deserve a second shot but it seems like this moment defined his whole career.

Thoughts? Also, aside from Mel Gibson, have any other racist actors/entertainers bounced back, made amends and made it?

Mel Gibson is a bad example.

So many straight men dick ride him so hard they did care what he did in the first place

He is actually a dick to work with according to lot of the history / examination of Seinfeld books ive read.

Yes, i have read multiple books about the show.

He would get another "chance" if he was A. not totally typecast as kramer and B, a better cast mate
Does it say if he was a dick in general or just a dick when he's playing Kramer? I knew he would be an asshole when people would screw up takes but honestly I don't blame him for that. If I had to do all the off the wall physical stuff he had to do over and over again because Elaine can't sit on a couch and recite her lines I'd get pissed too.

He should go on tour with Rosanne. That would revitalize both their careers.

perhaps an unpopular opinion, but was it really that bad what he did? I always thought it was more on the bad taste humor side of things. I wouldn't call it a "racist rant". Definitely not something that should end someone's career.

Agreed, but I don't think he was black-balled or anything. His career wasn't really doing anything anyway. If you're killing it, you can get away with being difficult and controversial, but if you're struggling anyway, no one's going to want to bother. It's like the difference between Ruben Rivera and Barry Bonds.

Never understood the appeal of Kramer.. he was just a spaz but nothing really funny about it

Its really good, him and Jerry talk about what happened a little bit

That first season of Comedians In Cars was so good
It was just Jerry and his real friends sitting around shooting the shit
The Richards episode, Larry David, Alec Baldwin, Mel Brooks were all classics
As each season went on it got a little less authentic though and I gave up watching once it went from Jerry and his real friends to guests hes never met before being booked on his show
Its up on Netflix now but the original seasons are all mixed up and out of order, its worth digging through and finding the episodes from the pre-Netflix season 1 and 2 though, those things are hilarious

Agree the show was great in the beginning when it was on Crackle. Fantastic, legendary comics for guests. I watched fairly religiously. Then I recall seeing an episode featuring some one-note female YouTuber I had never heard of who proved funny as a crutch. That was it for me and CIC...

Does it say if he was a dick in general or just a dick when he's playing Kramer? I knew he would be an asshole when people would screw up takes but honestly I don't blame him for that. If I had to do all the off the wall physical stuff he had to do over and over again because Elaine can't sit on a couch and recite her lines I'd get pissed too.

Difficult in general -- I get that he's hyper focused actor but that could and does rub people the wrong way.

Again, if he wasn't typecast he would be able to overcome it but that and his methods probably makes for few options of note (he's worked in repeated roles since his meltdown)

I mean....I don't think he's been blackballed, if that's what you're insinuating. Actually, he had a spot on a TV Land sitcom recently, so he seemed to have bumped up from how low he was in the mid-2000's.

With that said, if we were to presume that incident nixed what was otherwise going to be a continuing career on the A-list, then yeah I'd be okay with him getting another shot.

His career wasn't exactly on an upward trajectory before he melted down on stage.

^^^

He is actually a dick to work with according to lot of the history / examination of Seinfeld books ive read.

Yes, i have read multiple books about the show.

He would get another "chance" if he was A. not totally typecast as kramer and B, a better cast mate

The guy put a lot of energy into the Kramer role, so I could understand him getting impatient with tomfoolery. Like, imagine having to reshoot these scenes over and over.

Back