Should Michael Richards get another shot?

The guy put a lot of energy into the Kramer role, so I could understand him getting impatient with tomfoolery. Like, imagine having to reshoot these scenes over and over.

His hyper focused method was known to Larry and Jerry prior -- I agree that it worked completely for the show and that comes with frustration with cast mates who force you to stick in the zone.

His hyper focused method was known to Larry and Jerry prior -- I agree that it worked completely for the show and that comes with frustration with cast mates who force you to stick in the zone.

I remember Jerry really sticking up for him after the rant, asking for his "dear friend, Michael Richards" to be forgiven and given another chance. Larry David put him on Curb and even adressed the rant in an episode, giving Richards a chance to sort of explain himself in front of a huge audience. He can't have been that much of a pain to work with when his writers/co-stars are willing to go to bat for him like that.

With that said, folks need to also let go of the Rihanna/ Chris Brown thing, as he paid his legal dues too.
Off topic, but chris brown did a longer interview type deal on the rihanna incident, where he finally explained his side, didn’t blame her, didn’t say he was right, or that she was wrong; it is definitely worth a watch.

Then watch her media from that time frame, how she acts, dodges questions and acts aloof, then her behavior towards him later on, and I’m leaning towards him not being completely at fault, she had a big role to play in it

I remember Jerry really sticking up for him after the rant, asking for his "dear friend, Michael Richards" to be forgiven and given another chance. Larry David put him on Curb and even adressed the rant in an episode, giving Richards a chance to sort of explain himself in front of a huge audience. He can't have been that much of a pain to work with when his writers/co-stars are willing to go to bat for him like that.

Yeah, those guys really liked his work -- but doesn't mean others are on board. Kristy Alley (sp?) seemed to like him -- cast members of the Micheal Richards show, not so much.

He's had jobs since the his meltdown and he is a multi time Emmy winner - but from Seinfeldia and other showagraphies, he is a difficult colleague, not that everyone will blackball him because of it

Off topic, but chris brown did a longer interview type deal on the rihanna incident, where he finally explained his side, didn’t blame her, didn’t say he was right, or that she was wrong; it is definitely worth a watch.

Then watch her media from that time frame, how she acts, dodges questions and acts aloof, then her behavior towards him later on, and I’m leaning towards him not being completely at fault, she had a big role to play in it

Interesting, I'll have to see those interviews.
To the public lynch mob none of this matters. She could've ran at him with a gun for all they care.

perhaps an unpopular opinion, but was it really that bad what he did? I always thought it was more on the bad taste humor side of things. I wouldn't call it a "racist rant". Definitely not something that should end someone's career.
People overreacted the way they do anytime a white person offends someone.

That was 12 years ago? Fucking time, where have you gone

I thought the same damn thing. Was like, wut?!

Anyway, Kramer was the worst part about Seinfeld. I think Michael Richards just sucks, can't even do physical comedy well.

he did apologize, but guess it hasnt quelled the outrage as of yet

No, he’s done. He went over the line and he does not have the looks of charisma to make a comeback.

perhaps an unpopular opinion, but was it really that bad what he did? I always thought it was more on the bad taste humor side of things. I wouldn't call it a "racist rant". Definitely not something that should end someone's career.
It doesn't qualify as a racist rant? High standards lol.

Back