Opinion Should they ban assault weapons?

Should they ban assault weapons?

• Total voters
I just skimmed the list of voters for who voted to NOT ban AR-15s, and was surprised to see @Trotsky's name.

There may be hope for him yet.

I'm very split on this.

Delta is a bitch for being pressured to drop discounts to NRA members.

BUT... Delta, a private company, was never required to give discounts to NRA members, they did it to attract customers who were also NRA members.

So Delta dropped NRA, and now they're suffering the consequences of pissed off politicians who are backed by the NRA.

This doesn't seem right, and it may be a legal form of extortion.

I'm very split on this.

Delta is a bitch for being pressured to drop discounts to NRA members.

BUT... Delta, a private company, was never required to give discounts to NRA members, they did it to attract customers who were also NRA members.

So Delta dropped NRA, and now they're suffering the consequences of pissed off politicians who are backed by the NRA.

This doesn't seem right, and it may be a legal form of extortion.
It probably wont hold up but it's a shot across the bow of corporate America. I said earlier in this thread that alienating a group as big as the nra is going to cause serious economic backlash.

You are right. We do know what anti gun people are trying to really say. You say semantics. We say it’s a new buzz word to elicit emotional responses. They use “assault weapons”, because they can’t use “all semiautomatic weapons”. They’ve already lost that battle in the Supreme Court.

People say assault weapons or assault rifle because it's commonly accepted jargon for weapons of a certain specification that we're familiar with.

It's not some made up term. The roots of the classification go back to its invention during WW2 with the Sturmgewehr 44. There is nothing new about it, unless by new you mean new to the past 200 years, then I guess, sure, it's a new word when compared to the entire history of language, but it's not even new to this century in reality.

All weapons since then with similar specifications have been called assault rifles since.

This line of argument is complete and utter bullshit.

I just skimmed the list of voters for who voted to NOT ban AR-15s, and was surprised to see @Trotsky's name.

There may be hope for him yet.

I'd like to think we could live in a world where everyone gets their own assault rifle, and it's a purchase I've seriously been considering for myself, but there are already so many out there and so many sociopaths or worse out there too the best thing we can do for now is stop letting more out till we get our sociopaths in order.

People say assault weapons or assault rifle because it's commonly accepted jargon for weapons of a certain specification that we're familiar with.

It's not some made up term. The roots of the classification go back to its invention during WW2 with the Sturmgewehr 44. There is nothing new about it, unless by new you mean new to the past 200 years, then I guess, sure, it's a new word when compared to the entire history of language, but it's not even new to this century in reality.

All weapons since then with similar specifications have been called assault rifles since.

No. Quit playing this bullshit game. These terms are used for reasons mainly to scare the uninformed. The average non-gun owning person is learning through left wing media that AR15s “vaporize” and “shred” targets which means it has absolutely no value in hunting. The propaganda is everywhere.

I'd like to think we could live in a world where everyone gets their own assault rifle, and it's a purchase I've seriously been considering for myself, but there are already so many out there and so many sociopaths or worse out there too the best thing we can do for now is stop letting more out till we get our sociopaths in order.

Be warned, Rational Poster, buying an AR15 makes you alittle more Republican than you were before buying it, and it may grow on you.

Seriously though, hit up the Firearm forum whenever you're looking to buy. Those guys always were the online deals are.

What is the legal definition of "assault weapon"?
71Ks9mfflOL._SX522_.jpg

No. Quit playing this bullshit game. These terms are used for reasons mainly to scare the uninformed. The average non-gun owning person is learning through left wing media that AR15s “vaporize” and “shred” targets which means it has absolutely no value in hunting. The propaganda is everywhere.

We call assault rifles assault rifles because they've been called assault rifles since they were invented.

It's German propaganda, not ours.

You didn't, that's sort of why I asked you that question. Jesus.

Then why even assume it? Makes no sense.

There is an ocean of space between restricting access to the mentally ill and banning all guns.

Wrong.

And you have been shown why on numerous occasions. You cannot interchange terms in order to blur the distinctions.

Wrong.

And you have been shown why on numerous occasions. You cannot interchange terms in order to blur the distinctions.

The term didn't change. It's the same thing from when it was invented.

maxresdefault.jpg

I..... didn't..... as...um...e

Sure you did.

You're assuming the answer to restricting access of firearms to the mentally is making all guns illegal.

You also assumed that's a position I would take by asking such a silly question in the first place.

Back