Should title fights that end in a draw after 12 fight 3 extra rounds

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
I mean the doc has to OK it, but I would definitely love to see this implemented some time soon by the ABC gang. I also think it would be a great nod to the 15 round wars of the past. The issue is the networks with the time slots but i say fuck it let em bang. Imagine if Canelo-GGG had three more rounds would we even needed a second fight?

Honestly I am down K-1 style and all. But the damage and skill level of boxers compared to other combat sports is >>>>>> so I would rather have more controversial decisions than more deaths in the ring.

Honestly I am down K-1 style and all. But the damage and skill level of boxers compared to other combat sports is >>>>>> so I would rather have more controversial decisions than more deaths in the ring.
Great reasoning but thats where the doc comes in, if he says both fighters are able to continue then why not?

I'd really rather not. rounds 13-15 were eliminated for a reason.I'll live with an controversial decision and have a rematch booked for the sake of fighter safety

take it back to 15 rounds

We goin old skool!!! (says the 26yo)

Great reasoning but thats where the doc comes in, if he says both fighters are able to continue then why not?
Same doctors that license punch drunj fighters?

No thanks.

Perhaps only if both fighters agreed to carry on?

Yes!!!!!

Or at least have one extra round that can be scored independently from the rest of the fight. Winner of the 13th round wins the whole thing in the case of a draw. I would think they could be open to that discussion, and how to implement it.

I've been thinking about this idea for a while.

The only ones I don't see liking it are potentially the promoters who may be banking on the hype of a rematch. They're getting two for one. The Canelo GGG 2 fight literally answered the question we wanted from the Canelo GGG 1 fight.

We would have to be early careful in a way that isn’t practical. Bu t yea I would have loved to see Goatnelo and grampovkin go another 3 rounds both fights.

Just countback on significant strikes.
If it's even after that, a draw is justified.

Back