Should UFC focus on one mega card a year with Conor or 3 500k buy cards?

Since Conor pulls up to 1.5 m buys. That's like half a year of cards.

First of all 500k in 2018 is already more or less a "mega card", no one outside of Conor, Brock and GSP can draw those numbers, we're talking 150--300k range for regular PPVs, let's say 200k is the average, then 1 Conor 1.5 million PPV is more like 7 regular PPVs, and it costs less to produce 1 Conor PPV than 7 regular PPVs, so the profit margin will be higher.

Conclusion: focus on Conor and the big stars is the $$$ way.

First of all 500k in 2018 is already more or less a "mega card", no one outside of Conor, Brock and GSP can draw those numbers, we're talking 150--300k range for regular PPVs, let's say 200k is the average, then 1 Conor 1.5 million PPV is more like 7 regular PPVs, and it costs less to produce 1 Conor PPV than 7 regular PPVs, so the profit margin will be higher.

Conclusion: focus on Conor and the big stars is the $$$ way.
<Dana05>

1 card with a guy whose star may fade with another loss or put on solid cards on a continual basis?

how will they get three other 500k cards/>

GSP and brock... they fight like once a year if that.. who else can draw?. Ronda doesnt fight anymore and Jones is suspended... they should focus on conor, GSP and Brock...all three. The other ppv's are just fillers until one of those three fight

10 100k cards
Free popcorn
New ring girls

I like the idea of having one mega card per year. Something like:

Conor vs Khabib
Brock vs DC
GSP vs Woodley
Holloway vs Ortega
TJ vs Cruz 2

Prelims:
Zabit vs Yair Rodriquez
Korean Zombie vs Swanson
Gaethje vs Lee
Lawler vs Perry

This would mean a men's title wouldn't get defended for a while but it would sell well.

Conor vs Khabib
Brock vs DC
GSP vs Woodley
Holloway vs Ortega
TJ vs Cruz 2

Prelims:
Zabit vs Yair Rodriquez
Korean Zombie vs Swanson
Gaethje vs Lee
Lawler vs Perry

This would mean a men's title wouldn't get defended for a while but it would sell well.

I shall call this card Lawler versus Perry I

Conor gets paid more than the top fighters on those 4 400k cards combined, plus he has a bigger payperview cut.

UFC is literally better off without Conor.

Interesting question.

I do believe that Dana the red faced genius will figure out how to do the ppvs for maximum popcorn (and money)

I'll go with both Joe!

You do big four ppv’s like wwe used to have. Every season have a Ppv.

Conor vs Khabib
Brock vs DC
GSP vs Woodley
Holloway vs Ortega
TJ vs Cruz 2

Prelims:
Zabit vs Yair Rodriquez
Korean Zombie vs Swanson
Gaethje vs Lee
Lawler vs Perry

aww you think conor would get main billing over brock, thats cute.

Back