Should UFC focus on one mega card a year with Conor or 3 500k buy cards?

Since Conor pulls up to 1.5 m buys. That's like half a year of cards.

Too many factors to take into consideration. There is a minimum production cost to run an event so a 1.5m buy event wouldn't be equal to a 500k one based on simple revenue expenses. It then makes more complex where WME UFC bargain on Conor gaining a much larger audience than usual so they pay him a lot more, if that falls short of expectations for whatever reason then they would make more on 3 600k buys for an example with mid tier talent main eventing it.

ifu don't want to watch fight night cards than don't turn it to fs1 on thiose nights.
My post wasn't talking about fight night cards. I was saying a lot of the pay per views are the same quality as fight night cards, which is why I stopped buying every ppv and now just buy really stacked ones.

3 500K cards earn way less than one mega since fixed expenditures...

Have them fight nude.
I tell ya that's where the money is.

I don't think Conor's going anywhere soon, I expect him to fight on the new year card as long as he's healthy...

Conor enjoys the competition of that yearly forbes list, I expect to see him on that list for the next few years, people are crazy if they think he's gonna wake up one day and think.... I've got enough money, just doesn't work that way for a guy like Conor.

It’d be interesting to find out how many people figured out how to watch for free lol

3 cards is better than one because of gate revenue and continuity. One big PPV card means Conor and the guy he's fighting gets a large cut of the PPV buys. 500k means the person headlining it only gets $1-2 dollars(?) per 100k.

Not only that your business model cant rely on any single fighter. That's just asking your business to fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back