Should Women in america jog with a male?

I'm not looking to argue. But you made a statement about how this woman could have prevented becoming the victim of a crime. I was just pointing out some of the errors with that line of thinking as applied here.

The police already have the research regarding the amount of space required between an attacker and an officer in order for the officer to draw his weapon and defend himself from an approaching attacker.

I just think if you're going to give self-defense advice then it should be high percentage advice.
I have seen this video and it is illuminating. Back in college we called it the 21 foot rule. You had to be further then 21 feet away to get your gun out of the holster and aimed and fired to hit the knifer before he knifed you. It actually made a good argument for h2h training. I remember reading at that time that officers that fought back with h2h did better then those that didn't if they had decent training.

health.jpg

I have seen this video and it is illuminating. Back in college we called it the 21 foot rule. You had to be further then 21 feet away to get your gun out of the holster and aimed and fired to hit the knifer before he knifed you. It actually made a good argument for h2h training. I remember reading at that time that officers that fought back with h2h did better then those that didn't if they had decent training.

I also watched that video in college when I was thinking to be a cop.

Shit like this makes me absolutely terrified to have a wife or a daughter.

TBH my stress levels drop 500% when I'm single. I immediately dont have to worry about getting a horrific phonecall every time my girl goes out somewhere alone.

Just disgusting and senseless

this is more than a singular murder. this is more like 1.5 murders. The woman is dead and that poor husband has permanently lost a part of his soul. I hope he stays as strong as possible and in time can continue living his life, for the memory of his beautiful wife.

Also hope some Dexter-ish individual tracks down the perp, tortures him horrifically for months on end, before then handing him over to police to spend the rest of his days in prison.

Last edited:
Just sickening. Some fucking lunatic just walks up and stabs someone over nothing.

I'm not looking to argue. But you made a statement about how this woman could have prevented becoming the victim of a crime. I was just pointing out some of the errors with that line of thinking as applied here.

The police already have the research regarding the amount of space required between an attacker and an officer in order for the officer to draw his weapon and defend himself from an approaching attacker.

I just think if you're going to give self-defense advice then it should be high percentage advice.

If you are running with a gun, it would have to be secured in a way that would make it time consuming to unholster, draw and fire.

She’d already be stabbed out trying to get the gun out.

Tbh most women I see jogging are generally in pairs, and I think that’s a good idea. I see a lot of women jog with their dogs along side them as well. Usually a large breed dog or German shepherd.

Get a Sherdog

You're right, this isn't the place for it, but you BROUGHT IT UP.

Guns have never been the answer. The vast, overwhelming majority of people who say they are shouldn't be permitted to own one.

<{monica}>

Goodbye troll ignore list.

I will enjoy your impending ban if you think Loiosh is a troll

<36>

Only if she was expecting the attack. If she was focused on her run and the gun was properly secured, it's unlikely she would have had the time to draw it, aim and fire prior to being stabbed.

Although, if the gun was visible then the assailant might not have targeted her at all.

What you said is factually accurate. It’s also worth noting that stabbed does not equal dead. You need solid spacing to prevent being stabbed once, but a firearm can be helpful in the middle of a struggle, even after a wound has been inflicted. There can be some value in having it, even if you’re hurt. That said, you still need to train with it, understand the mechanics of getting it out of the holster, make the weapon ready to fire, and place a shot into the target in a manner that allows you to either incapacitate the target or get a follow-up shot.

If you are running with a gun, it would have to be secured in a way that would make it time consuming to unholster, draw and fire.

She’d already be stabbed out trying to get the gun out.

Get a Sherdog

<{monica}>

I will enjoy your impending ban if you think Loiosh is a troll

<36>

Goodbye troll.

What you said is factually accurate. It’s also worth noting that stabbed does not equal dead. You need solid spacing to prevent being stabbed once, but a firearm can be helpful in the middle of a struggle, even after a wound has been inflicted. There can be some value in having it, even if you’re hurt. That said, you still need to train with it, understand the mechanics of getting it out of the holster, make the weapon ready to fire, and place a shot into the target in a manner that allows you to either incapacitate the target or get a follow-up shot.

When I trained more actively, one of my training partners was a LEO. He would show us these security and subway station videos of all the ways self-defense just didn't cut it without proper awareness that something was about to go down. Stuff I know you know far better than me.

Anyway, the stabbing videos always stood out because of how many times you could be stabbed in a short period of time, especially if the assailant was intentional and the victim wasn't expecting it.

I think I fear knives more than guns in some circumstances just because they're so hard to detect.

The key here is well trained large breed of dog. Well trained and acclimated to high stress situations. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be a large breed, some of the larger medium sized breeds can become manstoppers. But the training is vital, I’ve seen countless scenarios where a poorly trained dog joined in the attack of its owner once it realized the owner was being dominated. These are animals all said and done, trying to apply a human sense of loyalty is a mistake. Even with dogs.

My dog would KILL a mofo if they came at anyone in the family.

Get a good dog, mine is a 90lb Catahoula Curr, looks innocent enough to have in public, and is friendly when on a leash.

But can be vicious.

Agreed, a gun isn't a panacea. You still have to deal with the OODA loop. Observe, Orient, decide, Act. It requires consistent practice and training to do that under pressure. Most concealed carriers do not get such training or practice consistently.

Now if you can see the threat coming, and have a moment to get ready then that is a different story. But if like most cardio bunnies, she had her ear buds in and was in the zone, she would not have had enough time to get through the OODA loop.

If she was running and he had a knife, and she saw the threat In time to stop, unholster the gun out of whatever contraption it was in to run with , she could have just ran a little outside of his range and kept going.

She’d probubaly still get stabbed trying to get the gun out , when avoiding is the better idea in this scenario.

once i opened my door and a chick jogged right into it and fell down. i think for a moment she thought it was a kidnapping, i apologized and she said she was ok and jogged on. wouldnt have happened if she jogged on the sidewalk

But the training is vital, I’ve seen countless scenarios where a poorly trained dog joined in the attack of its owner once it realized the owner was being dominated.

What on earth. This seems unlikely. Can you provide any evidence?

Should black people drive with a white person?

Killed for nothing.... Wow.
This is why im a firm believer in concealed carry, no matter what your state laws are, legal or not, carry a gun, defend yourself, especially if you are a woman. She could have had a nice small .380 and have been able to protect herself.

That sharply reduces crime rate, knowing anyone around you can be armed.

My dog would KILL a mofo if they came at anyone in the family.

Get a good dog, mine is a 90lb Catahoula Curr, looks innocent enough to have in public, and is friendly when on a leash.

But can be vicious.
I believe it. Catahoula leopard dogs are an intelligent breed that tends to be very wary of strangers. They have dominant/assertive personalities independent of the owner, and will be less likely to cow to an aggressive stranger. They are also quite beautiful! However, training is the only way I’d feel entirely confident in any animals (including humans!) behavior in a high stress situation.

Back