Should Women in america jog with a male?

And you wonder why Muslim men won't allow their women to go outside without male presence lol

Probably, because they want to keep all the raping and killing to themselves. Duh.

Arrest Made

This is a very sad case. The victim just got engaged last week and will be buried in her wedding dress.She was stabbed in the head and neck area 7 times. The subject arrested had been known to have mental illness and smoke a drug called K2.

Neither men or women should be out alone in a lot of places.

I used to regularly run the NY east river and there was so many shady fuckers just hanging around between 34th and Brooklyn bridge. I was super cautious about running at night and happy to just turn around and head home if something looked dodgy. Some women are too stupid or stubborn to do the same.

Very sad story. My wife knew the victim.

The Logan Circle and Shaw areas of DC, while now very popular, retain a slight sketchy feel even during the day. It wasn't so long ago that they pretty much were no-go areas for most people. Yeah it's changed, but with all the crazies in DC it just isn't wise to be out alone at night in a transitional residential area.

But LOL at these facile suggestions that a professional woman living in a small apartment should get a big dog or just carry a gun while jogging.

1 tragic story shouldn't effect whether you'd be ok your wife or daughter jogging alone. The USA is vast. It would really depend on which part of what city we'er talking about. That being said, I wouldn't advise anyone to jog between 12am and 4 am. The majority of assaults tend to take place during that time. Women should not live in fear, but be aware the average Male can outrun even a female jogger in a mad dash. And that the likelyhood of crime increases with the cover of darkness in isolated areas.

If I lived in NYC though, I would not want my lady to jog at night alone. But where I live everyone does and it's cool. Ain't much crime except a few areas.

And you wonder why Muslim men won't allow their women to go outside without male presence lol
90% of Muslims living in the west don't prescribe to that

I think women shouldn't jog at night by themselves. Or early in the morning (like 5am-6am).

They don't need a male, they just shouldn't be alone.

Or, be armed with a handgun, at least in high crime rate cities and areas.

That's why I said above and beyond just the death penalty. They need to suffer, which I know is currently illegal. That's why the first thing I said was that the laws need to be changed.

Yeah , state sanctioned and imposed public torture is really what we should be striving for .......what could possibly go wrong ! Brilliant !

I'm no muslim but I find it very easy to understand why they put those ninja clothes on women in those savage countries, and so many rules. That's just necessary "over"protecting your family.

Very sad story. My wife knew the victim.

The Logan Circle and Shaw areas of DC, while now very popular, retain a slight sketchy feel even during the day. It wasn't so long ago that they pretty much were no-go areas for most people. Yeah it's changed, but with all the crazies in DC it just isn't wise to be out alone at night in a transitional residential area.

But LOL at these facile suggestions that a professional woman living in a small apartment should get a big dog or just carry a gun while jogging.

Sorry that your wife lost a friend, the dog suggestion is not a bad one for females living in bad areas(or nice areas for that matter) alone.

Dogs need excersise and while true most people shouldn’t keep a large dog in an apartment if they can’t get excersise but dogs love to run, she loved to run. Seems like a perfect fit , and would have 99% kept this from happening to her.

No asshole with a knife is sneaking up on mine with my son if they our dog with them. Just isn’t happening.

At the very least he slows the attacker down enough that they get away or he decides after being bit the fuck out of or barked at like crazy shits not worth it.

I agree that running with a gun is a silly as fuck suggestion, but running with a dog is not.

There is a reason we have dogs today, wolves provided us protection we provided them food and they became dogs.

Historically there is no better method of personal protection than the right dog. It’s why they exist in the first place.

not sure if the following would have prevented this attack, but there was a time in this country when the mentality-disabled were placed in mental institutions, and away from the public. somewhere in the 70's and 80's, those institutions closed down due to lack of public funding. i guess people decided that mentality-disabled people were just, "quirky" or something, and released them to live on the streets to harass, and apparently kill, normal people.

think it's time to bring them back.

I think women shouldn't jog at night by themselves. Or early in the morning (like 5am-6am).

They don't need a male, they just shouldn't be alone.
Yeah it scares me how casual many are about it. See many with headphones. Just no situational awareness. I don't wish harm on them, but many need to take more caution.

Yeah it scares me how casual many are about it. See many with headphones. Just no situational awareness. I don't wish harm on them, but many need to take more caution.
Women seem pretty ignorant when it comes to thinking about potential dangers.

My friend used to walk back home from bars alone which was blocks away in not a good neighborhood.

Women seem pretty ignorant when it comes to thinking about potential dangers.

My friend used to walk back home from bars alone which was blocks away in not a good neighborhood.
Yeah, as a father of a girl and a husband, that terrifies me. So many girls walk around at night with headphones . They don't care at all. I'll never let my daughter do that. Yikes

not sure if the following would have prevented this attack, but there was a time in this country when the mentality-disabled were placed in mental institutions, and away from the public. somewhere in the 70's and 80's, those institutions closed down due to lack of public funding. i guess people decided that mentality-disabled people were just, "quirky" or something, and released them to live on the streets to harass, and apparently kill, normal people.

think it's time to bring them back.

It wasnt just due to funding it was rampant corruption in these institutions where the patients were abused and neglected horribly

But yeah it needs to be brought back and done so morally.

I'm not looking to argue. But you made a statement about how this woman could have prevented becoming the victim of a crime. I was just pointing out some of the errors with that line of thinking as applied here.

The police already have the research regarding the amount of space required between an attacker and an officer in order for the officer to draw his weapon and defend himself from an approaching attacker.

I just think if you're going to give self-defense advice then it should be high percentage advice.

She's getting sliced up unless she's carrying the gun in her hand jogging.

It wasnt just due to funding it was rampant corruption in these institutions where the patients were abused and neglected horribly

But yeah it needs to be brought back and done so morally.
I agree, sick diseased people with conditions like Libtardation and Trumpism need to be locked up.

Running at night alone...in DC. Hmmm ok. Although it's tragic that she lost her life, people have to make smarter decisions.

I don't even like jogging at night for a few reasons.

When I trained more actively, one of my training partners was a LEO. He would show us these security and subway station videos of all the ways self-defense just didn't cut it without proper awareness that something was about to go down. Stuff I know you know far better than me.

Anyway, the stabbing videos always stood out because of how many times you could be stabbed in a short period of time, especially if the assailant was intentional and the victim wasn't expecting it.

I think I fear knives more than guns in some circumstances just because they're so hard to detect.
Surprise and violence of action trump tactical prowess. That’s the thing to be concerned about, not necessarily the tool. Stepping out of an alley with a .22 to pop someone in the face works, even if you’re doing it to a top-tier Delta commando.

Back