Should you sell your classic muscle car?

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This plagues me. You own a classic muscle car. Be it a 1970 454 Chevelle, a 1955 Chevy Bel Air, a 1969 Camaro, etc. With the advance of electric cars, self driving cars, and environmental pansies, I worry that either mine and your classic muscle car will either be outlawed or worth nothing in the future.

But you love it. You love the smell of gas. You love lighting up the tires. It looks bad ass. It's fun.

Should you sell it now and do something else with the money? Or enjoy it until either you can't drive gas cars on the road anymore or they are worth nothing because no one has any interest in gas vehicles anymore? Or will they always retain their value?

PS - I miss the 80's.

Lol... I think you'll be fine. Gas cars aren't going anywhere.

I sold my '68 camaro 2 years ago just before my son was born.

I can' wait to show him pictures of what his first car could have been.

Yes you should sell it cheap.
To me.

I sold my '68 camaro 2 years ago just before my son was born.

I can' wait to show him pictures of what his first car could have been.

Why'd you sell it? Do you regret selling it sometimes?

Jesus... someone loves his fossil fuels.

Muscle cars won't be replaced by autonomous vehicles because they aren't competing for the same market. They aren't meant to be practical, they are cool and a hobby/lifestyle. Think about what hipsters like. Real leather, raw metal, hand made, unique...they just can't afford muscle cars yet but they will.

This plagues me. You own a classic muscle car. Be it a 1970 454 Chevelle, a 1955 Chevy Bel Air, a 1969 Camaro, etc. With the advance of electric cars, self driving cars, and environmental pansies, I worry that either mine and your classic muscle car will either be outlawed or worth nothing in the future.

But you love it. You love the smell of gas. You love lighting up the tires. It looks bad ass. It's fun.

Should you sell it now and do something else with the money? Or enjoy it until either you can't drive gas cars on the road anymore or they are worth nothing because no one has any interest in gas vehicles anymore? Or will they always retain their value?

PS - I miss the 80's.
dont do it. simple answer

Classic cars are awesome, the fact that they fuck up the environment is a different issue. Stay in your lane.

TS has another thread about electric and gas cars right now.

TS has another thread about electric and gas cars right now.

Two posts I'd been meaning to do for a long time. Just happened to do them both at the same time. The other thread about electric cars was a forward sent to me by a guy that also owns a classic muscle car.

I've seen Psycho Pass. Hold onto your muscle cars, that way, the illuminati won't be able to track you.

I've thought about this before. If/when gas becomes incredibly expensive, I was thinking, just swap out the engine for an electric one. It'll still have the look you want, buttttt nowhere near the same feel/raw power.

Lol - Ironic thread, I'm just headed to the mechanic's to see if we can kick over the new motor in my 71 Chevelle today. Cross your fingers, boys.

just swap out the engine for an electric one. It'll still have the look you want, buttttt nowhere near the same feel/raw power.
In fact, more. It won't have the V8 sound though.

Back