SHOULDER EXERCISE: ROTATOR CUFF/LABRUM TEARS

I tore my rotator cuff before myself.

The only thing at physio that did anything for me was the ultrasound. The rehab exercises only made things hurt more.

I found a triangle stretch by Dr. Lauren Fishman that you do against the wall that gave me instant relief. The pain that radiated down my arm was gone within 30 seconds of using this technique.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/health/02brody.html

Speaking with an nearly 50 year old weight lifter that I know, he gave me an older version of bro science past onto him by his bros that were into homeopathy and all that, who had also torn their rotator cuffs: don't do anything. Let the body heal itself. My friend said he was back to doing dumbbell flies with 60 pounders after a year.

It was exactly what I needed. I didn't do anything to aggravate my shoulder after that; left it alone. Now I'm fine. It takes a long time to overcome a torn rotator cuff. For me it was over a year.

That technique is a form of self imposed muscular contractures called reciprocal inhibition, activating the antagonist to the spastic muscle in question can itself cause the agonist muscle to reduce firing, easing the spasticity.

To whomever has the injury - if it's rotator cuff it is either the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularus, terres major or terres minor.

Use google images to locate the attachments for the injured muscle, then press on the attachments themselves, the tendons connecting the muscle to the bone.

If this provides relief, it's due to alleviating pressure where the golgi tendon organs, the motion detectors for that muscle are located.
Pressuring them, again - reduces firing, eases pain.

I had killer pain in my elevator scapular a while back, and placing pressure on the cervical processes where that muscle attaches - it was like, instant relief.

I'm 3 months in post op from rotator cuff surgery (full tear of the subscapularis, supraspinatus and bicep tendon) and that hurts me just looking at it lol

To whomever has the injury - if it's rotator cuff it is either the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularus, terres major or terres minor.

Use google images to locate the attachments for the injured muscle, then press on the attachments themselves, the tendons connecting the muscle to the bone.

If this provides relief, it's due to alleviating pressure where the golgi tendon organs, the motion detectors for that muscle are located.
Pressuring them, again - reduces firing, eases pain.

I had killer pain in my elevator scapular a while back, and placing pressure on the cervical processes where that muscle attaches - it was like, instant relief.

Your teres major is not considered a rotator cuff muscle.

I had a labrum tear and recovered through PT. I only started the PT after months though and needed more than a year to get to be able to exercise like I did before.
Looking at a lot of studies I am now glad to have avoided surgery since the long term outcome oftne isn't great and esepecially nowadays medicine is advancing so fast that you might wanna hope that your body holds up for another 10 years and that there is a much better procedure avaible then.

I think with surgery I would have recovered faster but personally I would always avoid surgery if you can do it and still be healthy.

but yeah i would go to a real PT and not watch some questionable videos and attempt it myself this looks really dangerous

Where are you studying NMT?

There is a face book group for NKT students and hopefuls, they often release their location for training certs but are quite expensive. They hit up LA fairly often, Vancouver and Toronto as well, NY, London, Shanghai, Tokyo etc. seem to be the more popular places.

I can't justify their prices for what I would learn from them when I can likely buy their book used on Amazon for cheaper and with my skillset on soft tissue release and applied anatomy and while owning the book anatomy trains, I'd probably get better bang for my buck there as you would also most likely.

There is a face book group for NKT students and hopefuls, they often release their location for training certs but are quite expensive. They hit up LA fairly often, Vancouver and Toronto as well, NY, London, Shanghai, Tokyo etc. seem to be the more popular places.

I can't justify their prices for what I would learn from them when I can likely buy their book used on Amazon for cheaper and with my skillset on soft tissue release and applied anatomy and while owning the book anatomy trains, I'd probably get better bang for my buck there as you would also most likely.
A lot of it you can get from other sources and while there's some good stuff in it, anything marketed as a "cure for all" of magical proportions with overpriced courses (as if you could become good at anything worthwhile during a weekend course or whatever) brings up red flags right away.

A lot of it you can get from other sources and while there's some good stuff in it, anything marketed as a "cure for all" of magical proportions with overpriced courses (as if you could become good at anything worthwhile during a weekend course or whatever) brings up red flags right away.
Sounds like a bootcamp academy. We have that in IT as well, charge tuition of 8-10k for 16 weeks. Marketed as "from the industry" with no college BS that people are fed up with.

The catch-22 is, when an employer in the sector sees this on the resume with nothing else, it pisses them off, esp. if they have a background in in and isn't just a suit. Hell, it annoys me seeing it as well.

I tore my rotator cuff years back, none of that shit really worked for me. The only thing that substantially healed my shoulder was stretching, certain yoga positions that build strength in your shoulder when you can't lift (such as a headstand), and most importantly, brachiating. That was what really fixed my shoulder.

Man thanks for the brachiating tip !!!!!

I am putting everything in this and yoga to help with my shoulders issues.

I was actually asking @EatMyShorts where he is studying NMT, not NKT.

I have seen some of weird shit that NKT teaches. Its.. interdasting.

I was actually asking @EatMyShorts where he is studying NMT, not NKT.

I have seen some of weird shit that NKT teaches. Its.. interdasting.

I wasnt sure if its similar in the same way branding ART and soft tissue release is.

NKT has some...quirkiness to it.

Back