SI: Cormier wants to go to WWE to be in Royal Rumble (after UFC 220)

Funny thing is, I think most of what Vince does in 2017/18 is bad.
There is no logic or cohesive storytelling & he has TWENTY-EIGHT writers on staff
He changes his mind every 20 minutes & hates wrestling so much that he forgets what a great match is about.

the indy wrestling Cornette hates, is what is keeping "wrestling" alive (since VKM is "entertainment").
He needs to grasp that he is not the target audience for the Young Bucks & Bullet Club

But Corny made nice with WWE in 2017 so its all about the indy wrestlers.

oh yeah pretty much everything Vince touches at this point is trash, he's lucky they can afford the best dudes available to make it watchable. They are too beholden to shareholders now to ever be able to focus on quality anymore. I can still find stuff in their product to like though, just had to learn to dismiss the stuff I don't like rather than get mad about it.

Shame...

They need all the help they can get. I hear they are trying to partner up with NJPW again...

But I don't see it happening

There's no hope for that company.

They were done after the second time that they hired Vince Russo.

It's been a slow and steady decline ever since then.

Shame...

They need all the help they can get. I hear they are trying to partner up with NJPW again...

But I don't see it happening

Actually downsizing & trying to built it back again bit by bit is smart.
They are looking to be a TV product (since that is what new owners do) instead of being an alternative to WWE.
allowing wrestlers to use their Impact names elsewhere is a good start.

Cormier should fight Kurt Angle. Anything else looks retarded.

He should enter in at number 30 and get thrown over the top rope in seconds by Goldust with help from the Blue Meanie

oh yeah pretty much everything Vince touches at this point is trash, he's lucky they can afford the best dudes available to make it watchable. They are too beholden to shareholders now to ever be able to focus on quality anymore. I can still find stuff in their product to like though, just had to learn to dismiss the stuff I don't like rather than get mad about it.

Vince has the company focused on what he likes.
But he is 72 & not in tune with what fans want
He is isolated that his opinion & likes are correct.

Also WWE spends over $9 to make $10 back, that is horrible in business.
They make money due to sheer volume of events/product

WWE-network capped at 1.5m paying & that is 50% of where he promised stockholders.

He has 5 hrs of primetime TV he can use to promote the back catalogue & history that he has on WWE-N & doesn't because he is an idiot & does not want to be linked to "wrestling".

Could you imagine how great it would be to have a 5 minute segment discussing Bruno vs Slaughter or Flair vs Steamboat or a Harley Race match?
Then plug its available on the network?

No he rather have bad comedy & take a guy like Rusev & put him in a Santa outfit

It's funny because the stuff that the fans like are usually things that they didn't necessarily come up with, or things that they didn't purposefully want the fans to like.

Fans have hated Roman Reigns for years, but he's still "the guy" in Vince's eyes...

But fans have gotten behind things that they didn't expect to work...

No he rather have bad comedy & take a guy like Rusev & put him in a Santa outfit

Say what you want, but RUSEV DAY is super over...

I already ordered a shirt for myself...:cool:

There's no hope for that company.

They were done after the second time that they hired Vince Russo.

It's been a slow and steady decline ever since then.

I like what they are doing from a biz perspective now.
But Russo is the biggest idiot in the genre for sure

Say what you want, but RUSEV DAY is super over...

I already ordered a shirt for myself...:cool:

That is what HE came up with & has said for awhile
The segment was horrible
Vince once again took an idea a performer had & made it stupid

Maybe they can work some angle like they did with Gronk at WrestleMania. Might help him actually get fans... ;)

Maybe they can work some angle like they did with Gronk at WrestleMania. Might help him actually get fans... ;)

& in typical VKM fashion, they used that to elevate Mojo .... for a week & then he went back to jobbing

DC gets assisted by Jason Jordan and gets the crowd behind him with Olympian Kurt Angle...

Oh its true! Its damn true!

Back