Signed up for 1st Ironman

TS are you a phenom who can just jump into intense physical exertion like this and gut your way through? I v'e know a few guys like that. If you are not you are being really silly as well trained people end up in severe distress trying to complete these things.

Also just as an FYI you may develop third Testicle from the cycling. I did.

A Cyclist’s Third Testicle

But don't worry if you do as girls truly love it. They are fascinated by it and end up playing with your nuts way more. Just don't tell them about it. You have to let them discover it. Then you get to play it up. I call it my 'super power'.
Not a single comment on the cyclists third ball.

Disappointed SHerdog!

The first iron man was great. 2nd was so-so and the third one sucked; that Mandarin twist ugh.

Good luck TS, that's huge for your first race!

I'm preparing for my first "triathalon" right now, although I'm just the swimming leg of a relay team, so I don't have to do the whole thing.
That is actually a warm up for my first open water swimming race later in the year.

Still getting the hang of swimming to be honest but I'm putting a lot of effort.

Why’d you pick the easiest Ironman location? Such a sissy.

Just kidding, why Florida? I really want to coeur dalene half Ironman, but just don’t have the gumption to train right now.

Was this back in your SEAL days?

:D

I was never a SEAL. I wish I had of been though. The last one I did was in 2010. I sometimes think about doing it again but now I’m into sheep hunting and mountaineering.

Didn't Ironman come out in 2008? Why bump this thread?

The first iron man was great. 2nd was so-so and the third one sucked; that Mandarin twist ugh.

The first one was certainly the most fun for me. It wasn’t my fastest or slowest race but I hit all the goals I’d set for myself and it was sort of an adventure since I’d never done it before, finished in 11:09 Arizona

My second one was nearly identical to the first one which was very disappointing since I didn’t meet the goals I’d set, finished in 11:02 coure’d Alene

The third oneI had a total melt Down, went way too hard on the bike in tough hot/windy conditions I wasn’t prepared for, walked a lot of the marathon, finished in 13:30, Arizona

4th one get like things were coming together and went 10:03 in ironman Canada after actually running the entire marathon.

5 was in Florida where I went 9:31 on that flat course, that’s the last time I had fun racing actually.

The 6th one was Ironman Wisconsin, awesome race, you finish in the university stadium there. I did 9:59 after getting 2 flat tires on the bike and getting my goggles kicked off during the swim.

My final race was at ironman lake placid where I just realized I didn’t want to
Be there and wasn’t enjoying myself so I just sort of soft pedaled it, talked to more people during the race and enjoyed not caring about how fast I was going, I finished in 11:44 and retired from triathlons after pursuing those goals for almost 10 years.

I did a lot of half ironmans, and sprint triathlons, even the collegiate national triathlon championship 3 times and long course nationals.

Those were fun years, I pretty much fucked off every other aspect of my life to just do triathlons lol, banged some hot triathlete chicks, was pretty popular locally in the racinn scene, had some cool bikes etc.

Yeah, but you live in Alaska. What else are you going to do up there?

Mostly I’m just into hunting and climbing mountains these days. Hunting mountain goats and dall sheep is my real passion right now but I also enjoy hunting moose and caribou. Hoping to get to kodiak this year for a black tail hunt.

Hey guys- I'm signed up to participate in my first triathalon- Ironman Florida-
Ask me anything -

Its my 1st triathalon - I've never competed in running, swimming or cycling - so this is all new to me. A friend of mine talked me into doing it with him- I started training for it 3 weeks ago- I'm following the prescribed workouts in the book "Ironman - start to finish".
Anyways, swimming is a mother bitch, running sucks, and cycling for more than 30 minutes hurts my taint.

Any suggestions/ tips/advice from you training animals?

My wife is doing that one again this year. We'll be there. Good luck.

I wish- I'm up in Montana- although its not a hick town, there are no tri groups around-

Don't sweat it, could be a good thing. It's you trip, not the will of some collective with cookie cutter advice.

Not saying all the tri groups are like that, but many are.

My wife is doing that one again this year. We'll be there. Good luck.
I was gonna tell everyone on here what a kick ass competitor your wife is but jehovas witnesses kept banging on my door. Yall coming back down here I may ride over now that I got the bike back out again.

I was gonna tell everyone on here what a kick ass competitor your wife is but jehovas witnesses kept banging on my door. Yall coming back down here I may ride over now that I got the bike back out again.

Man, 4 hrs 20min drive. That's a long way, don't wanna put you out, and don't have any way to accommodate. Wife #2's gonna be there but she's flyin in and stayin in the same room as me and wife #1. So we ain't go no room for yo ass! Ha!

Man, 4 hrs 20min drive. That's a long way, don't wanna put you out, and don't have any way to accommodate. Wife #2's gonna be there but she's flyin in and stayin in the same room as me and wife #1. So we ain't go no room for yo ass! Ha!

Put me out? Shiut last time I stayed there I had a full condo with a pool on the top floor and screwed this girl in this jacuzzi. Id be damned if I had to sleep at someone elses place did you forget who you are talking to boy?

Put me out? Shiut last time I stayed there I had a full condo with a pool on the top floor and screwed this girl in this jacuzzi. Id be damned if I had to sleep at someone elses place did you forget who you are talking to boy?

Maybe ill talk the wife into driving over to your end.

I gotta see how long work will let me take after spending a month in exile with this hip.

Hey guys- I'm signed up to participate in my first triathalon- Ironman Florida-
Ask me anything -

Its my 1st triathalon - I've never competed in running, swimming or cycling - so this is all new to me. A friend of mine talked me into doing it with him- I started training for it 3 weeks ago- I'm following the prescribed workouts in the book "Ironman - start to finish".
Anyways, swimming is a mother bitch, running sucks, and cycling for more than 30 minutes hurts my taint.

Any suggestions/ tips/advice from you training animals?
You need to do a few Olympic triathlons first. You will learn so much about the tricks of the trade. You will learn about how to make adjustments to your bike (have extra parts available!), how to manage the transition area, etc. You will also get a sense for transitioning from the bike to the run, the hardest transition. You need to practice this stuff before trying to do a full Ironman!

Bring a bucket with you to the transition area. Throw in a bunch of energy gels, gatorade, and shit. Plus, this gives you something to sit on when you're getting your bike shoes or running shoes on!

Back