simon marcus vs zack wells

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
what do you guys think of this fight? I guess Simon is favored to win, looks like Zack is Duanes fighter. Thoughts and opinions? Does wells stand a chance? Do you think wells will win? High payout if he does!

what do you guys think of this fight? I guess Simon is favored to win, looks like Zack is Duanes fighter. Thoughts and opinions? Does wells stand a chance? Do you think wells will win? High payout if he does!

I was puzzeled by the stoppage but simon marcus is for real and looks like hes fixed his prior issues with his hands..looked crazy accurate on Saturday

I was puzzeled by the stoppage but simon marcus is for real and looks like hes fixed his prior issues with his hands..looked crazy accurate on Saturday

I knew nothing of zack wells prior to this fight. once i searched him up, the only thing I knew about him was the dude had very little exp compared to marcus. not very surprised of the outcome. The whole card seemed really one sided.

Complete mismatch.. the guy moved like a novice

Complete mismatch.. the guy moved like a novice

This. I'm not crazy in on kickboxing but I try to watch when I can on FightNetwork.

Glad the ref stopped it. those body shots hurt that dude, and the pain was just starting.

Tbh- I'm bias af b/c I've met Simon a couple times when he came to my gym. He seems like a hardass dude.

He was a last minute replacement FYI...

It was apparent quickly that he was in over his head, that's why the ref wisely stopped the fight. Also no standing 8 counts in Glory. If you stop it on the feet the fight is over.

This. I'm not crazy in on kickboxing but I try to watch when I can on FightNetwork.

Glad the ref stopped it. those body shots hurt that dude, and the pain was just starting.

Tbh- I'm bias af b/c I've met Simon a couple times when he came to my gym. He seems like a hardass dude.

bias against simon you mean?

He was a last minute replacement FYI...

It was apparent quickly that he was in over his head, that's why the ref wisely stopped the fight. Also no standing 8 counts in Glory. If you stop it on the feet the fight is over.

Then respect for him that he took the fight

got ya for some reason i thought you were trying to say when you met him he was a jerk, thats how I read hardass.

lol. you are right. he was not a jerk but not a engaging dude either. Still though, he's from Toronto and has ran me through drills so i like him. plus, I really like his walking straight ahead MT style.

lol. you are right. he was not a jerk but not a engaging dude either. Still though, he's from Toronto and has ran me through drills so i like him. plus, I really like his walking straight ahead MT style.

he seems like a very confident fighter which is a great thing, but wondering if it carries over to possibly being considered arrogant, or if he was more of a down to earth kinda guy. Most of the guys I have met have been very friendly, such as Mike Lemaire for example. Jermaine Soto is also a really cool guy! He has a super friendly personality and runs kids TKD, hes the exact type of person you want teaching kids. Even Coban was super down to earth, he acted so normal, like such a regular person, but I was still so star struck and nervous around him I didnt know how to act.

he seems like a very confident fighter which is a great thing, but wondering if it carries over to possibly being considered arrogant, or if he was more of a down to earth kinda guy. Most of the guys I have met have been very friendly, such as Mike Lemaire for example. Jermaine Soto is also a really cool guy! He has a super friendly personality and runs kids TKD, hes the exact type of person you want teaching kids. Even Coban was super down to earth, he acted so normal, like such a regular person, but I was still so star struck and nervous around him I didnt know how to act.

Not sure if this makes sense to you, but he is exactly what I expect from a troubled innercity kid who got right. Maybe more reserved and aloof than anything.

A lot different than Carlos Newton who I saw lots around the old Revolution gym years ago. I've told this story before, but once Carlos said something about Hughes, and I was like "dude, you won that fight, the ref just didn't notice.". Newton looked at me with this very small smile, shook his head and walked away. I would not feel ok saying something like that to Marcus.

He opened his own gym here, so maybe he's different there.

Not sure if this makes sense to you, but he is exactly what I expect from a troubled innercity kid who got right. Maybe more reserved and aloof than anything.

A lot different than Carlos Newton who I saw lots around the old Revolution gym years ago. I've told this story before, but once Carlos said something about Hughes, and I was like "dude, you won that fight, the ref just didn't notice.". Newton looked at me with this very small smile, shook his head and walked away. I would not feel ok saying something like that to Marcus.

He opened his own gym here, so maybe he's different there.

lol, im lost i dont know who those guys are

marcus opened his own gym?

Matt Hughes and Carlos Newton? Google 'em!

yeah snub put the video up. No I wonder I hadnt heard of them, they are MMA guys. I started MT before MMA had been "invented". I never liked MMA and have always kinda been a MMA hater. Much like how most boxers dont like MMA.

yeah snub put the video up. No I wonder I hadnt heard of them, they are MMA guys. I started MT before MMA had been "invented". I never liked MMA and have always kinda been a MMA hater. Much like how most boxers dont like MMA.

Got ya.

You know one huge thing I like kickboxing over mma is the standing 8 count. Its that hold your breath moment.

Got ya.

You know one huge thing I like kickboxing over mma is the standing 8 count. Its that hold your breath moment.

I can admit, that just like most boxers, i dont like mma because it stole all the attention away.

MMA is just boring to watch to me because the striking is B class and BJJ is boring to watch even if you know it, and if you dont, even more so.

IMO the only reason MMA is so huge, is because all the idiots like to make a big deal of the small gloves. They really know nothing about striking, so when they see shitty C or B class striking, they dont know the difference. If Tito Ortiz knocks someone out with a wild sloppy punch, they are just as happy and know no difference between if it was clean technique.

Back