Simon Pegg misses George Lucas.....shots fired

Can you imagine how much better the movies would have been if Simon Pegg directed them?

Maybe not TFA quite as much, although I think he would have done better.

"Shots fired" sounded stupid 3 years ago . Enough already, speak like a normal person.

Can you imagine how much better the movies would have been if Simon Pegg directed them?

Edgar Wright directed Pegg's major films (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz). Also things like Baby Driver and Scott Pilgrim

He's right though.. People can slag George off all they want but for all of his faults guess what he had? Passion and a genuine love for the SW universe and he tried his hardest to share and show it to us.

He showed us beautifully landscapes on planets across the galaxy, amazing, unique species of life all over the galaxy and he tried to make a coherent story using too much of his imagination, Lucas is a master writer and creator but what he struggles with is putting his thoughts and writings onto the screen and by his own accord he gets carried away...

TFA had potential, it was enjoyable atleast, Rogue One was good, a new direction but TLJ showed us the direction we are going in is horrendous and atleast the prequels had that 'STAR WARS' feel and showed us soo much of the rich history, maybe to much? Like I said George wants us to see his story in full.

But I don't care who you are o what you say, The Revenge of the Sith is fucking awesome and is when he hit his stride, go watch it and tell me it isn't what a Star Wars film should be? Lucas nailed it just two movies too late.

Edgar Wright directed Pegg's major films (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz). Also things like Baby Driver and Scott Pilgrim
Fair enough, but I do believe it was a collaborative effort.

He's right though.. People can slag George off all they want but for all of his faults guess what he had? Passion and a genuine love for the SW universe and he tried his hardest to share and show it to us.

He showed us beautifully landscapes on planets across the galaxy, amazing, unique species of life all over the galaxy and he tried to make a coherent story using too much of his imagination, Lucas is a master writer and creator but what he struggles with is putting his thoughts and writings onto the screen and by his own accord he gets carried away...

TFA had potential, it was enjoyable atleast, Rogue One was good, a new direction but TLJ showed us the direction we are going in is horrendous and atleast the prequels had that 'STAR WARS' feel and showed us soo much of the rich history, maybe to much? Like I said George wants us to see his story in full.

But I don't care who you are o what you say, The Revenge of the Sith is fucking awesome and is when he hit his stride, go watch it and tell me it isn't what a Star Wars film should be? Lucas nailed it just two movies too late.
Clones was just ruined by actors who couldn't green screen act, and to light of a feel around a beloved character like Fett. If you made Clones with a darker feel, and the "look" of TFA, it could have been a really good movie.

All of those are great cinematography and such

Maybe not TFA quite as much, although I think he would have done better.

tumblr_muz8luyYOy1r2d19io7_500.gif

JJ obviously knew what has gonna happen in the last jedi since he was a producer on the movie.

I don’t understand how he let that get made knowing it doesn’t fit with the force awakens and drops and ends all major plot threads.

I just don’t get what happened while making that movie.

JJ obviously knew what has gonna happen in the last jedi since he was a producer on the movie.

I don’t understand how he let that get made knowing it doesn’t fit with the force awakens and drops and ends all major plot threads.

My feeling has always been he only had the vaguest idea of where the story might go after TFA the same as with Lost, its more he didn't want to deal with giving characters proper backgrounds or building up the setting much.

I mean I'm no defender of the prequels or latter Lucas but I think Starwars went out of the frying pan into the fire when Disney hired Abrams, basically a safe decision hiring a hack to churn out his formula in the short term but shooting the series future in the foot in the long term.

its a massive dig, a true one also, i mean if george lucas's new trilogy is better than the Disney clusterfuck thats saying alot, alot of bad shit

JJ Abrams had the ending of TFA with Luke surrounded by floating boulders around him showing his immense force power. Mark Hamill read the script of TLJ and thought "Oh crap...this contradicts what Rian Johnson had just written"...so Mark went to Rian and told him abou it...then Rian went to JJ and told him to change the ending.

JJ Abrams had an executive producer credit on TLJ. It was in his best interest to endorse the movie, whether he loved it or hated it.

I think he hated it. That's probably why he agreed to do Episode IX.

Remember...JJ Abrams never wanted to direct The Force Awakens...Disney begged him to do it. He announced on twitter: "I love Star wars, but I want to enjoy it as a FAN, not as a creator".
They convinced him somehow....maybe because him and Bob Iger have a working relationship going back 20 plus years.

I'm surprised we haven't heard JJ Abrams come out and say "I LOVED The Last Jedi! The naysayers are way too picky!"....that would sound typical JJ...but he hasn't....hmm

Pegg wrote Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz alongside Wright so he did play a big part in them tbf

Hot Fuzz was fucking awesome.

"It's for the Greater Good!"<45>

insert Alex Jones describing Revenge of the Sith perfectly clip

Executive producer, which means he gets paid if he doesn’t talk shit but has no say so.

He gave Johnson his drafts for 8/9 and there he was going.

Johnson just said fu and did what he wanted anyway.

There is tons about this around and interviews with Ridley where she confirms it.

Back