Simon Pegg misses George Lucas.....shots fired

JJ obviously knew what has gonna happen in the last jedi since he was a producer on the movie.

I don’t understand how he let that get made knowing it doesn’t fit with the force awakens and drops and ends all major plot threads.

I just don’t get what happened while making that movie.

It’s really baffling. Johnson literally shat on an entire trilogy and left it with trite dogshit characters in return.

Post Empire Lucas can #sand.

Watching Return you can literally see in the movie when his wife was leaving him.

It goes straight from being a SW movie dark in Jaba’s Hideout , force chocking bitches, dropping alien strippers into Racor pits to fucking tedddy bears in space.

While I loved the movie as a kid, the older I got the less I liked it and saw the change in Lucas in the film.

It was originally supposed to be on Kashyk not Endor and be Wookiee instead of Ewok and he made the change for the kids.

He changed everything as much as he could to a younger age kids vibe, because he lost his wife and kids.

His interviews after wards are weird the way he talks about life and kids. You can see it totally fucked him emotionally when she left him.
Fixed

Also while the prequels were dumb as fuck they were consistent and kept moving forward.

And we had no expectations really for the characters so thier directions while disappointing in a lot of ways didn’t insite pure anger and hatred for what they did.

Clone wars cartoon added a bunch of shit that made needless plot holes as well, like R2 going to degobah with yoda and not crashing.

So R2 would have known yoda, told luke who he was and would have been able to navigate degobah without crashing. Since he had done it before.

It’s like they just kept throwing in plot holes to have known characters in it for no reason.

Watching clone wars with my kids i can say the clone wars anakin was much better than prequal anakin though.

Clone Wars was fuckin' legit. That was a great series.

He's right though.. People can slag George off all they want but for all of his faults guess what he had? Passion and a genuine love for the SW universe and he tried his hardest to share and show it to us.

He showed us beautifully landscapes on planets across the galaxy, amazing, unique species of life all over the galaxy and he tried to make a coherent story using too much of his imagination, Lucas is a master writer and creator but what he struggles with is putting his thoughts and writings onto the screen and by his own accord he gets carried away...

TFA had potential, it was enjoyable atleast, Rogue One was good, a new direction but TLJ showed us the direction we are going in is horrendous and atleast the prequels had that 'STAR WARS' feel and showed us soo much of the rich history, maybe to much? Like I said George wants us to see his story in full.

But I don't care who you are o what you say, The Revenge of the Sith is fucking awesome and is when he hit his stride, go watch it and tell me it isn't what a Star Wars film should be? Lucas nailed it just two movies too late.
Revenge of the sith was fucking awful

I'd watch all three prequels over watching TFA & TLJ again. I despise the prequels so that's a strong statement. TFA is one of the most hollow movies I've ever seen and TLJ is just a big joke.

In hindsight I see the original SW trilogy as lightning in a bottle. There was a lot of talent that went into it, but it was almost dumb luck that it turned out good, at least the first one. I also think the people around Lucas don't get enough credit for making the original trilogy so good. From any interviews, footage, etc that I've seen it seems Lucas had prequel-esque ideas back then, but had talented people around him to rein those ideas in and focus and temper his creative vision. ROTJ was a taste of SW when he had more control, and the prequels were the result of him having full control with no one challenging him.

What’s Simon Pegg got to do with Star Wars??

Now that's pretty interesting. In your joke, just to be sure, which one of us is the flat earth guy?

LavishGroundedGrayfox-max-1mb.gif

JoyfulDentalCardinal-size_restricted.gif

"Shots fired" sounded stupid 3 years ago . Enough already, speak like a normal person.
Shots fired!

I bet I'm the first person to make that joke in this thread, right?

Fuck Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy

Back