Since when did Stipe have good cardio?

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
I always remember him gassing after the first, but because he's fighting a bunch of ancient dinasaurs or punch drunk out of prime HW's he's able to outlast them... Even though he himself is pretty gassed.

Just look at these threads

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...rumble-1-except.3749915/page-2#post-140456795

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/prime-cain-vs-stipe-who-wins.3750411/

All full of replies talking about Stipes good cardio.

Maybe i'm wrong and im not trying to be cocky or rude, but from what I remember he always gasses after the first. He just never fought at fighter with a good gas tank.

Average at best. To me DC has good cardio at HW, and thats why I have him winning.

He has the cardio to Bang... But not sure when you have a Cormier-tier fighter that is pushing the fight with the grind. Think Stipe wins by knockout or Cormier by decision...

I see Skrikeforce HWGP era Cormier working Stipe for 25 straight minutes, or scoring a late stoppage.

When has he really shown being tired aside from the ngannou fight

When has he really shown being tired aside from the ngannou fight
A little in the first jds fight...none aside from that

Personally I think he has the premier cardio of all UFC heavyweights in comparison(him and that magomedov guy that got usada'd)

Last edited:
Stipe proved he had amazing cardio after his war with JDS back in 2014.

Cardio doesn't matter when you KO 4 of your last 5 opponents. All in the 1st round. But let's be real, Stipe has above average cardio.

Yeah he ooked gassed as hell against Francis after R2.

I always remember him gassing after the first, but because he's fighting a bunch of ancient dinasaurs or punch drunk out of prime HW's he's able to outlast them... Even though he himself is pretty gassed.

Just look at these threads

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...rumble-1-except.3749915/page-2#post-140456795

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/prime-cain-vs-stipe-who-wins.3750411/

All full of replies talking about Stipes good cardio.

Maybe i'm wrong and im not trying to be cocky or rude, but from what I remember he always gasses after the first. He just never fought at fighter with a good gas tank.

Average at best. To me DC has good cardio at HW, and thats why I have him winning.
Good thing he’s punching everyone out in the first round then huh?

i don't know, he was kicking Mark Hunt's ass for 5 rds like nobody's tomorrow and looked fine to me.

maybe he only gets tired when he's trying to wrestle with big explosive guys and they're punching him in the face like JDS and Ngannou.

if that's the case, ANYONE would get tired doing that.

A little in the first jds fight...none aside from that

Personally I think he has the premier cardio of all UFC heavyweights in comparison(him and that magomedov guy that got usada'd)
Yea him Cain and JDS

Don't worry about Stipe's cardio, he'll be having plenty of rest when he's on his back after DC ragdolls him.

I don't know how you're getting an impression that he always gasses after the first round, unless all you've seen of him is his first and last fights. The first time he was struck with Octagon jitters; the last time he was playing whack-a-mole with a gigantic African, and the African was the one with the hammer. Flagging is entirely understandable under the circumstances.

All other times, even if he might not be as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as at first, he has plenty of steam left.

He's got better cardio than pretty much anyone else at HW and that's really all that matters in the end.

He beat Hunt & Ngannou over 5 rounds of pure wrasslin and looked look he could keep going, for a mid sized HW he has great cardio.

When has his fights ever gone 25 mins aside from the Ngannou fight?
Hunt went long, he lost a war to JDS that was 5 hard rounds and he was in the trenches fighting back all 5. Obviously against ngannou it’s exhausting to try to wrestle and control a guy that huge that has like 20-30 pounds on you and is jacked like Francis is.

Back