Singer/Guitarists have it rough

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm thinking singer/lead guitarist, like Kurt Cobain and Eric Clapton have the hardest job in the band.

Guys that sing and play bass have a tough job too, but bass tends to be more repetitive than lead guitar so you can focus more on singing.

Same for singer/drummers like Phil Collins.

Although I will say that most singer/lead guitarists, tend to shift their focus back and forth. Meaning if there's a hard part to sing, they'll either stop playing the guitar for that section, or they'll play a very easy repetitve pattern. And then when it comes time for a difficult guitar part, usually the solo, they'll stop singing.

I mean, duh, right? That's what makes it a guitar solo. But what if it's only that way because we've been conditioned to expect it to be that way? Maybe there could be a section of a song that's as complex as a guitar solo, but where the dude sings over it anyway... if there was someone talented enough to pull that off.

RIP Chuck

chuck-schuldiner-death.jpg

No, they don't have it rough. They have a job where they get to express themselves to the world and people listen. They are doing what they love. Most people don't get to do that.

Also if someone sang over the solo, it defeats the purpose.

I'm thinking singer/lead guitarist, like Kurt Cobain and Eric Clapton have the hardest job in the band.

Guys that sing and play bass have a tough job too, but bass tends to be more repetitive than lead guitar so you can focus more on singing.

Although I will say that most singer/lead guitarists, tend to shift their focus back and forth. Meaning if there's a hard part to sing, they'll either stop playing the guitar for that section, or they'll play a very easy repetitve pattern. And then when it comes time for a difficult guitar part, usually the solo, they'll stop singing.

I mean, duh, right? That's what makes it a guitar solo. But what if it's only that way because we've been conditioned to expect it to be that way? Maybe there could be a section of a song that's as complex as a guitar solo, but where the dude sings over it anyway... if there was someone talented enough to pull that off.

Singer guitarists usually are the rhythm guitarist, especially while they are singing

In that way it's easier than singing while doing bass, generally speaking

Singing while doing lead guitar (the one that does solos) is practically unheard of

No, they don't have it rough. They have a job where they get to express themselves to the world and people listen. They are doing what they love. Most people don't get to do that.

This

Plus, they probably get biblical amounts of pussy too. I mean enough pussy to put them above most sherdoggers

I think the song-writer has the hardest job in general.

Nothing will sound good or feel right (even with super talented band members/instrumentalists) if they don't write something that works and sounds good in the first place.

pfffff drummers have it worst. Set up, takedown, cost of maintenance, transportation. Girls don’t understand drums. You know nothing. I’m a drummer lol

This

Plus, they probably get biblical amounts of pussy too. I mean enough pussy to put them above most sherdoggers

Yeah right...no profession gets even half as much as a white belt.

Cobain was a terrible singer and a mediocre guitar player. Nirvana was terrible.

Drumming boggles my mind. Can't imagine adding vocal duties as well.

It actually makes it easier to play guitar and sing cause you're not following someone else's timing. I suppose the drummer is more the time keeper, but there are fewer moving parts and it helps the singing rhythm if you're playing yourself.

Hendrix was a bizarre talent and could play complex shit and change things up while singing, but even he kept pretty short singing lines and focused way more on guitar than vocals.

pfffff drummers have it worst. Set up, takedown, cost of maintenance, transportation. Girls don’t understand drums. You know nothing. I’m a drummer lol

Drummers should definitely get more credit.

THe bass player is the least loved out of all band members too.

It goes in this order

1) frontman
2) lead guitarist
3) drummer
4) bass

Bass players are the unsung heroes of the band and never receive the love they deserve.

They’re the equivalent of the Center in Football. Such an important position but so undervalued

Didn't read the thread but frontman and lead guitarist are literally the easiest positions in a band and reap the most reward

THe bass player is the least loved out of all band members too.

It goes in this order

1) frontman
2) lead guitarist
3) drummer
4) bass

Bass players are the unsung heroes of the band and never receive the love they deserve.

They’re the equivalent of the Center in Football. Such an important position but so undervalued

I was happy to see the rhythm section of Rage get some acknowledgment with Audioslave

Back