Single for so long...

Damn guys, thanks for all the replies and it is all really helpful. I am actually in really good shape, financially well set and very active in martial arts and other sports. My biggest issue is just social anxiety and slightly awkward in that regard. I figure the best takeaway I can receive from the replies is to conquer this awkwardness and anxiety.

This might sound redundant but - have you considered nailing hookers by the dozen?

Alternately - what pick up artist material have you looked at?

Have you ever tried pick up artist cues?

I use 'em.
They're awesome.

Failing that, if it's predominantly awkwardness and anxiety - perhaps there's an underlying condition; I study pharmacology as a pass time - SSRI's reliably increase sociability in animal models - something to consider.

yes, but the social interaction through internet alleviates the loneliness- as you've said you "don't even feel lonely anymore". But take that away and it would come rushing back, no? This is a condition afflicting millions worldwide now.
Oh sure. I don't disagree. I've said before tech makes it possible for so many people, especially men, to live like I do. Getting just enough interaction to stay relatively sane. I think if the internet is ever just gone I'll be too busy dealing with the post apocalypse to be lonely.

I actually wasn’t talking about paying. The girls there apparently love American guys, it’s like you’re cool and exotic to them. I have no idea how much of that is because they hope you’ll bring them to the U.S. Asian women aren’t my cup of tea anyway, it was just a thought.

I just can’t understand giving up on women permanently. Maybe a few years even, but not until death. But what do I know, maybe you’ll change some day, or maybe you really don’t care, like a priest or someone.

Oh I meant I don't even have money for something like flying out of the country to go on vacation. I am pretty broke. I haven't sworn off women forever or anything. I'm just socially awkward and introverted, and on top of that I live n a REALLY shitty area. That's a big part of why I haven't dated or made friends in years. Almost everyone here is an alcoholic/junkie piece of shit. Hope to move and secure a good job soon, and then I would certainly be open to trying to meet someone or make friends. I'm an older dude and post divorce though, so I don't have any illusions about true love or even long term relationships that aren't unpleasant. But you know, we'll see what happens.

I agree 1000% with this. I truly believe people are lonelier and more isolated than ever. I also think social media culture may be partly responsible for the mental condition leading to mass shootings.

I think there's a few things going on. We don't deal with mental illness, or even just people being different at all from the norm, very well as a culture. We see this not just in America, but in places like Japan where young people becoming shut ins and opting out of relationships completely to sit in their apartment alone, is becoming an actual serious problem.

step one: cut a hole in a tomato

step two mix breading and egg and flour and cheese

step three: call your parents they miss you

step four: complete these four surveys online for free

step five: stuff the tomato with the breading and preheat the oven to 350

step six: sell all your earthly possessions

I'm not an expert, but i'm going to go ahead and say lower your standards and be more outgoing. You can't act all squirelly, self conscious, and weird and expect to take home an L.A. 10 with a Harvard degree. Be realistic, relax, and have fun.

You need more hobbies; but also really put in effort into those hobbies. This will give you confidence in yourself and also helps with meeting people in general. This obviously comes after all the initial steps ie workout, shower, dress better.

Back