Sitsongpeenong (Phuket), Rattachai or Sinbi

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently planning my second trip to Thailand for 3 weeks. In terms of goals, here is how I'd order mine:

1. technique improvement;

2. prepping for another (potential) amateur fight (I am also open to having a fight there if time permits); and

3. a little r & r (beaches, night markets, immersing in local culture- not clubbing/ladyboys per say).
After much researching, and based on the above goals, I think I will go to Sitsongpeenong, Rattachai or Sinbi. I am choosing to go to Phuket due to the r & r aspect and because air tickets are $500 cheaper where I am (so please no recommendations to Bangkok).

Has anyone been to either of these three gyms and, if so, how did you find them?

To me:

• Sitsongpeenong seems to offer the most serious training with very talented fighters living onsite there but I am afraid there isn't much social life/exploring to do given its rather remote location;

• Rattachai has a very talented team of trainers (including Namsaknoi - one of my fav fighters) and it is on "fight street" (tons to do) but - based on what I can see on social media - most of the students seem to be at the beginner to intermediate level;

• Sinbi has good trainers and is close to the beach but I heard high season is crazy for them (they split the classes into two) and I want as much trainer attention as possible.
Can anyone confirm/deny the above? Which one will you choose?

Last edited:
You would most likely get more replies posting this in the Muay Thai / Kickboxing forum where there are a lot of knowledgable people when it comes to MT gyms in Thailand.

Back