Sitsongpeenong Phuket Review!!

nmurray

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this thread but whatever. I figured I would throw this up here for people looking for a serious and uncrowded place to train in the Phuket area without many distractions.

Kamala Beach is a nice quiet area about 10 minutes north of Patong. But it is still pretty touristy and has all the creature comforts you would need. The main beach is really nice and there are even nicer ones 10 minutes north of it. You will get to do sprints and pushups in the sand on Kamala beach every now and again as part of the morning training. It's a cool area to train and relax without many distractions. No CRAZY night life like Patong but enough bars with pool tables and the like to have a good time on a Saturday night.

Training: 9,000 baht a month

The training here is insanely good especially for the train and stay price compared to other gyms I was considering. Pipah is the famous head trainer here and has trained the likes of Saenchai, Danny Bill, Silapatai Jocky Gym,Somrak Kamsing, and many other champions. He was even in a movie with Samart Payakaroon years ago which I need to watch. There are 4 other good trainers here: former 2x Lumpinee champ, Southern Thailand champ, etc... The busiest afternoon I witnessed was about 13-15 students. It's a new gym so most of the time for the 2 months I was there it was 3-4 trainers to 5-7 students during both sessions. So I received excellent attention the whole time. The owner is an Aussie guy named Tim who will clinch, hold pads, and also watch you on the bag to correct technique. He will also wake your ass up at 6:30am (one time at 5:00am) to make you run haha. If you are STAYING at the gym you're expected to run in the mornings. This gym caters to people who take training seriously. There are 5 Thais training there now and you will get to clinch with the older ones Attisak and Weytharn (if he is there and not at the Bangkok gym). All of the trainers will take the time to correct your technique and genuinely care about your progress. They all speak a little english and one of them speaks english really well; you will also learn some broken thai so communication is pretty easy.

Training Structure Morning:6:30-9:30
8k Run
Shadow
Heavy Bag
4 4minute round pad sessions with 30 sec. breaks
20 min. clinch
200 teeps
200 knees
100 push ups/sit ups and leg raises
circuit training
sit ups and stretch

Afternoon:4:00-6:30
4k run/jump rope
Shadow
Heavy Bag
Sparring(Fridays) Boxing(Saturdays)
20 min. clinch
200 teeps
200 knees
circuit training
Sometimes run the 8k morning run again/die
sit ups and stretch

6 days a week!

Accommodation: 7,000 baht to stay at gym.

If you stay at the gym you could be sharing a room with three other people (2 bunk beds per room). Two of the 3 rooms at the gym have aircon. Tim also owns a guesthouse he rents out to people training if you want something nicer. If you are there long enough you can scout around to find your own place to rent too of course.

Atmosphere:

The best part about this gym is you become like family with the trainers and other people training here.The trainers cook up awesome food and you are always welcome to join them. We would buy groceries for ourselves and for them to cook. We would have a bbq at least one night a week. You will all go to bangla stadium together to support one of your teammate's fight. The trainers here are awesome people and will genuinely become your friends.

Overall I couldn't have been happier with my choice to come here. I don't like big cities, not into the prostitution thing, and I wanted to be near a beach and get serious training. So this place ended up being perfect! I did have to get stitches in my ear 4 days before my fight which sucked but the owner Tim offered to let me stay and train for free for an extra 3 weeks to have another chance to fight which was cool of him. I spent two months here and it wasn't enough so I'm going back in October for a month or maybe longer. I could go on about this place but I wanna keep the review short and to the point.

They have pictures and videos on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sitsongpeenongphuket

Have you trained at any other mt gyms in Thailand before?

Have you trained at any other mt gyms in Thailand before?

No it was my first time in Thailand. I was considering Sitmonchai, Sitsongpeenong Bangkok, Patong Stadium Gym/Patong Boxing Gym, KYN, and maybe Sinbi. But I just ended up at the Phuket Sitsongpeenong and it was pretty cool.

is that 7,000 bhts/month for the accomodation or your whole stay (2 months)???

either way its dirt cheap.

is that 7,000 bhts/month for the accomodation or your whole stay (2 months)???

either way its dirt cheap.

It was per month; I was on a pretty tight budget so it worked out great.

Sitsongpeenong Bangkok changed my life. Good to hear the other location is doing well

Sitsongpeenong Bangkok changed my life. Good to hear the other location is doing well

I know this is not related to what the OP said, but could you describe your time there? What was the training like, how you were treated, what you wish you'd done better/different, just a review of sorts.
I'm heading to Sitsongpeenong Bangkok this summer (I'd head to Sitsongpeenong Phuket, but it's rainy season then, and from what I've seen, I'ts probably best to avoid it :D ), and I'm not sure what to expect.

P.S: First time in Thailand. Had previous combat sports experience, including kickboxing, but a complete beginner in Muay Thai.

I know this is not related to what the OP said, but could you describe your time there? What was the training like, how you were treated, what you wish you'd done better/different, just a review of sorts.
I'm heading to Sitsongpeenong Bangkok this summer (I'd head to Sitsongpeenong Phuket, but it's rainy season then, and from what I've seen, I'ts probably best to avoid it :D ), and I'm not sure what to expect.

P.S: First time in Thailand. Had previous combat sports experience, including kickboxing, but a complete beginner in Muay Thai.

Man. Well there aren't enough positives I can say about sitsongpeenong. It changed everything for me. So I'll go point by point so I don't ramble

Training
Was hard and pure. Twice a day training. Morning: 6am run for 6 miles then back to the gym to train. We did 4 minute rounds 30 sec breaks. 4 rounds pad work 4 bag work 4 clinching and then ended with sorta Muay Thai calisthenics mixed with light free weights. Then breakfast

Afternoon: Thai rope for 30 minutes then the same round work. They also fed us after that. Wednesday and Friday were sparring days. We did that 6 days a week. Sunday off

The facility is really clean by California standards. Not every gym I trained at in Thailand Would be "clean" per se. Our group had females with and some gyms don't let women in the main ring. No problems at all at sitsongpeenong.

We stayed at the camp as full time students so I can't speak for what it would be to drop in and train.

I just wish I could have stand longer or gone there when I was 16 or something :) you won't be disappointed. Let me know how it goes.

It will be epic dude. Go to all the training sessions because they don't make you go if you don't want to. There was a French guy at the time I was there and he only went to morning runs once a week. Our group all promised to do every training session and it was the right call.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this thread but whatever. I figured I would throw this up here for people looking for a serious and uncrowded place to train in the Phuket area without many distractions.

Kamala Beach is a nice quiet area about 10 minutes north of Patong. But it is still pretty touristy and has all the creature comforts you would need. The main beach is really nice and there are even nicer ones 10 minutes north of it. You will get to do sprints and pushups in the sand on Kamala beach every now and again as part of the morning training. It's a cool area to train and relax without many distractions. No CRAZY night life like Patong but enough bars with pool tables and the like to have a good time on a Saturday night.

Training: 9,000 baht a month

The training here is insanely good especially for the train and stay price compared to other gyms I was considering. Pipah is the famous head trainer here and has trained the likes of Saenchai, Danny Bill, Silapatai Jocky Gym,Somrak Kamsing, and many other champions. He was even in a movie with Samart Payakaroon years ago which I need to watch. There are 4 other good trainers here: former 2x Lumpinee champ, Southern Thailand champ, etc... The busiest afternoon I witnessed was about 13-15 students. It's a new gym so most of the time for the 2 months I was there it was 3-4 trainers to 5-7 students during both sessions. So I received excellent attention the whole time. The owner is an Aussie guy named Tim who will clinch, hold pads, and also watch you on the bag to correct technique. He will also wake your ass up at 6:30am (one time at 5:00am) to make you run haha. If you are STAYING at the gym you're expected to run in the mornings. This gym caters to people who take training seriously. There are 5 Thais training there now and you will get to clinch with the older ones Attisak and Weytharn (if he is there and not at the Bangkok gym). All of the trainers will take the time to correct your technique and genuinely care about your progress. They all speak a little english and one of them speaks english really well; you will also learn some broken thai so communication is pretty easy.

Training Structure Morning:6:30-9:30
8k Run
Shadow
Heavy Bag
20 min. clinch
200 teeps
200 knees
circuit training
sit ups and stretch

Afternoon:4:00-6:30
4k run/jump rope
Shadow
Heavy Bag
Sparring(Fridays) Boxing(Saturdays)
20 min. clinch
200 teeps
200 knees
circuit training
sit ups and stretch

6 days a week!

Accommodation: 7,000 baht to stay at gym.

If you stay at the gym you could be sharing a room with three other people (2 bunk beds per room). Two of the 3 rooms at the gym have aircon. Tim also owns a guesthouse he rents out to people training if you want something nicer. If you are there long enough you can scout around to find your own place to rent too of course.

Atmosphere:

The best part about this gym is you become like family with the trainers and other people training here.The trainers cook up awesome food and you are always welcome to join them. We would buy groceries for ourselves and for them to cook. We would have a bbq at least one night a week. You will all go to bangla stadium together to support one of your teammate's fight. The trainers here are awesome people and will genuinely become your friends.

Overall I couldn't have been happier with my choice to come here. I don't like big cities, not into the prostitution thing, and I wanted to be near a beach and get serious training. So this place ended up being perfect! I did have to get stitches in my ear 4 days before my fight which sucked but the owner Tim offered to let me stay and train for free for an extra 3 weeks to have another chance to fight which was cool of him. I spent two months here and it wasn't enough so I'm going back in October for a month or maybe longer. I could go on about this place but I wanna keep the review short and to the point.

They have pictures and videos on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sitsongpeenongphuket
hey how did you book your stay there? did you book through their website?

12krun a day....? This gym too hardcore. I run like 12k a week.

What about the beginners or non-serious people. Do they be lenient for them?

Just bumping this thread to see if any sherdoggers have been to this gym since 2014.

If so, please help a bro out and post a review of training/accomodation etc.

damn a bump from a 2014 thread lol

but as a matter of fact i'll post as I'm excited to say that 2 months from today well, on the 22nd of Dec I'll be going to Thailand for a month too to train there. now....

Hi, that's a lot of running. I'm curious, are the runs done in a low intensity where you are able to carry a conversation or the runs done at a faster pace?

Got many friends training there recommending the gym to me. One friend from Russia is going very well
on the Muay Thai Max shows.

Personally I got unfinished business with the gym, or rather one of their fighter lol.

Back