Sitting at the nerd table with Bubble Boy and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if the guard is tight .... check the oil

FingerButt.jpg

lf83de474c9e26729c71afcnm5.jpg

Hans:

I totally agree. I wimp out on the ground work in Judo tournaments because it seems like I expend a great amount of energy working for a position, finally get there, and the freakin' refs stand us up.
So, yeah, I'll admit it. I was catching my breath instead of pushing the action.
Good point, so...

2008 GOAL:
Push the action in newaza.

For some reason I thought w had talked about Yves Klein before...my bad.

On the pelvic movement: I'm so tight it's not even funny. So I'm going to really work on loosening up my hips, so to speak. I really noticed it this tournament.
I'm going to start doing this kind of floor exercise a couple times a week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hut7zYx5RII
Also yoga, pilates, and even a little belly dancing with my wife. Plus focus on moving my hips in Judo class of course.

I still don't know what the penalties were for. No clue. I felt like I was pushing the action, going for stuff, when penalized, so I don't know?

And I agree with you on going for taking the back. I'm with you and Hans 100% on this: I need to do more newaza in tournaments.

yeah i noticed too the stops (is it still "mate"?) on the ground, cannot stay there more than XXX seconds rule maybe?

i missed some of your blog so maybe you talked about the guy ... who knows

it was "another" pelvic movement i hinted (wink wink) kind of back and forth .... ;-)

anyhow you did well, i cannot imagine myself, the last time i did some randori i felt as a "stone cat"

about the move i imagine as a "sakuraba wheel" when he passed the guard push down on the guy's head and wheel over him ... could be an idea

awwwww how cuteeeeee

8 TO 80 was on the front page of the independent today

What in the world for? Did they finally nail him for being a ped?

ironicly it was for the "Shop with a cop " thing for the kids
lol
so yeah he was on the lower half of the front page looking at toys with some random little boy
LOL

ironicly it was for the "Shop with a cop " thing for the kids
lol
so yeah he was on the lower half of the front page looking at toys with some random little boy
LOL

LMAO!

Do you want to try to maybe train Sunday?
I'll have to check things out with the old lady, but should be good to go.

Also, I may be going to Desert Quest Saturday if the boss will let me off. I hate to spend $70 for a single elimination tournament, but, I could use the tourney time...
Wanna' go?

LMAO!

Do you want to try to maybe train Sunday?
I'll have to check things out with the old lady, but should be good to go.

Also, I may be going to Desert Quest Saturday if the boss will let me off. I hate to spend $70 for a single elimination tournament, but, I could use the tourney time...
Wanna' go?

I got stuck working a service on saturday till 4pm so i wont ne able to make desert quest
im down for sunday just let me know

12-13-2007

Judo

Warm up.
Uchikomi.
Then a lot of moving around working for dominant grips.
We added de ashi barai to the mix (randori with only de ashi barai in other words).
Then we added kouchi gari.
Then finally uchimata.
Was a fun, steady work out.

Drinking

Warm up.
Pour Captain Morgan into Pilsner beer glass.
Add Coca Cola to flavor.
Consume entire contents.

Repeat X 4

Lay down in bed.

12-14-2007

Weight Room

Went in and did a steady 30 minutes of:

OH db squats, with only 15 lbs in each hand.
5 sets, 5 reps
Did a bunch of windmills, starting with 8 lb db, working up to 15 lb db.
Back squats. 135 lbs.
3 sets, 5 reps.
Decline weighted twisting sit ups.
Some turkish get ups with uber light dumbells.

Kind of a "getting back in the gym" workout.

Hell yeah, just found out I got excepted into a General Instructors class for my job. It's a 40 hour class that certifies you to instructor various law enforcement / park ranger classes. What it does is open up the door for me taking the 2 week Defensive Tactics Instructor course, which in turn will allow me to beat the shit out of my bosses when I teach the course to them. Oh yeah....

Hell yeah, just found out I got excepted into a General Instructors class for my job. It's a 40 hour class that certifies you to instructor various law enforcement / park ranger classes. What it does is open up the door for me taking the 2 week Defensive Tactics Instructor course, which in turn will allow me to beat the shit out of my bosses when I teach the course to them. Oh yeah....

Wow... it's like a kind of heaven.

Have fun with that. :icon_twis

Wow... it's like a kind of heaven.

Have fun with that. :icon_twis

Yeah, well of course I'm joking. Kind of.
Thing is there's a lot of bravado in the field. A LOT of that bravado comes from supervisors who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

In the academy we did this drill where you and another cadet both get on your knees and then each get a good grip on a gun (red gun) or knife (red knife) and grapple for it. Needless to say I killed every cadet with ease: I just kept a good grip on the weapon, set back and pulled the other cadet into a tight closed guard (which they had zero clue how to handle), and twist the weapon out of their hand.

Honestly, my sincere hope would be to open some eyes up with drills like this, and get these guys motivated to train more. Still, holding the bosses in a north / south pin (for example) as they struggle to get out for minutes on end will provide a certain amount of gratification.

Still, holding the bosses in a north / south pin (for example) as they struggle to get out for minutes on end will provide a certain amount of gratification.

Be sure to use the gas bomb to motivate them:redface:

Update on the garage.

Before, October 31, 2007:

Before1.jpg

Last week, around December 12, 2007:

100_0237.jpg

Soon to be a boxing / grappling gym...

A little at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back