Skyrim vs Fallout 4

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Assuming you can use mods, which game has more staying power?

I guess FO4 has longevity if you're interested in the building. But I completed it once and I got no interest in touching it ever again

I'm not the biggest Skyrim fan but I feel like replaying it every now and then. I've replayed Skryim twice and will probably do it again in the next few months. Skulking around and popping off instakill headshots with my bow never gets old

Last edited:
Skyrim had a better story and a more thoughtfully crafted world, with a lot of replay value.
Fallout 4 had more bells and whistles, far more hidden areas, on my 6th play through I'm still finding areas I've never found before. Fallout has staying power but it's world isn't as vibrant as Skyrims. I'd say as the complete conversion mods come out for Fallout it could be the better game. But until then Skyrim and the Game of Thrones mod in development are winning.

Just figuring out how to build walls in FO4 has taken me 40 hours

but im on xbox

I like to walk around in the cities and go inside everyone's house in Skyrim every now and then.

I like to walk around in the cities and go inside everyone's house in Skyrim every now and then.
im full charisma in fo4 so i walk around and demand taxes from my citizens. can we just all agree that Bethseda makes freaking awesome games?

Skyrim is a 7 year old game that just launched yet another version this month.

I think that kind of answers the question.

With mods on the PC Skyrim the amount of custom mods players from Japan and South Korea made was insane the problem is most of those mods have disappeared or are for the original game. There's ways to port them over to the newer version of Skyrim it just takes more work. Just the difference between the quality of the mods between the two games are a bit different. With FO4 you get basic mods nothing real flashy without needing F4SE "Fallout 4 Script Extender" which can screw up the game. With Skyrim ppl just added custom mods that work well with the game without having much issues outside of clipping on armour.

Fallout 4 becomes wayyy to east towards the end institute you get all strong power suits and shit. If you turn up the difficulty all it does is make the guys like sponges..

I did make sweet love with one of those male companions if i remember the one with the armor.

I'm not the biggest Skyrim fan

Of course you're not. I am.

On topic: I think it's kind of unfair to compare the two, since Skyrim was fresher than Fallout 4 when it came out. The open-world, customize-everything-in-sight concept had much more novelty value in 2011 than in 2015, so obviously Skyrim stayed relevant longer than Fallout 4.

That said, there was something special about Skyrim. I still get the urge to play it from time to time, while I'm pretty sure I'll never get into Fallout 4 again despite only spending 1/10 of the time on it.

Back