Slayer calling it quits in 2018

Mark Cutting

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any Slayer heads in here ?

There used to be nothing like a live Slayer show.

Long live the kings \m/

I seen them live 3 times back in the early 2000's, they were one of my favorites for a while there. The best I ever seen them was with Pantera in Dallas July 2001, amazing show.

I seen them live 3 times back in the early 2000's, they were one of my favorites for a while there. The best I ever seen them was with Pantera in Dallas July 2001, amazing show.

Slayer, Pantera, Soulfly, Morbid Angel

It's time, tbh.

The heart of the band died with Jeff.

Never a fan, but if I were teaching a Discovering American Culture Through Music course, or something like that, I would probably devote an entire class to Slayer. Very important musical pioneers. Just never really clicked with me musically.

Last edited:
I'm glad I got to see them live. I still think they should have called it quits as a band when Jeff hanneman died. He was an integral part of the band, its legacy and its most important albums

Last edited:
I was a huge fan as a teen. Reign In Blood, Show No Mercy, South of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss are killer albums.

My interest really waned over the years. I still have a Slayer flag on my wall, often think about taking it down, but they were such a big band to me in my youth.

I'm glad I got to see them live. I still think they should have called it quits as a band when Kerry King died. He was an integral part of the band, its legacy and its most important albums
With all due respect, I think you mean Jeff.

Kerry is very much alive and kicking.

I think they probably should have hung it up after Jeff. Jeff was such a huge part of Slayer and wrote all of their best shit. I'm okay with them calling it a day at this point.

It's long overdue, but there was nothing like a Slayer show back in the day. Still listen to their stuff sometimes.

I'm glad I got to see them live. I still think they should have called it quits as a band when Kerry King died. He was an integral part of the band, its legacy and its most important albums

King died ?!

You mean Jeff

I was a huge fan as a teen. Reign In Blood, Show No Mercy, South of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss are killer albums.

My interest really waned over the years. I still have a Slayer flag on my wall, often think about taking it down, but they were such a big band to me in my youth.

The Imperial Eagle is the center flag in my home gym

As others have said, this is long overdue at this point. They've made some legendary music over the years that I still enjoy listening to from time to time.

I don't know if it's long overdue, I thought their last most recent album was one of their best since Divine Intervention. I liked the new guitar player they brought in to replace Jeff.

It's kind of jarring seeing Tom Araya with gray hair. I remember when I was a kid all my buds were into Metallica, I thought they were ok, but when I first heard Reign In Blood I felt that instant click and knew I'd found my thrash band. I was lucky cos my neighbor worked at The Ritz over in the Village and she got us tickets to the metal shows, so I was here somewhere -

I haven't been a fan of their newer stuff, but they still put on a good live show. I'm sure the live shows are killing Tom Araya though.

I haven't been a fan of their newer stuff, but they still put on a good live show. I'm sure the live shows are killing Tom Araya though.

I think Tom's done. The rest of the guys still look strong

Back