Slick Daddy Club: We're Talking About the Two-Time

yeah i know but still Kotaku gonna Kotaku

im surprised they havent gone after him for his racial stereotype spiel he does from time to time

It wouldn't matter. Those three or four gaming media sites are mostly dead.... or dying. They been exposed as wannabe game reporters who double has the SJW police and don't really have a pulse of the average gamer.

That article is great example. It spent for the first paragraph or two ripping on the Doc's Twitch character. Obviously they don't approve of what's he's doing. Not realizing that most of his over the top stuff is complete parody and not meant to be taking seriously.

I can almost guarantee most of his Twitch followers don't go to the sites anyway. His Raul character is freaking hilarious. He's not being racial about either, he's imitating a newb gamer who has no idea how to play the game... So his random partners try to give him advice and then get amazed when he's killing players left and right.

I'm still not seeing what should frighten off sponsors. A bit of G-rated eye candy exploiting subliminal X-rated psychology? That's upsets sponsors these days?

I need to give an example in hopes of explaining it.

Imagine Emily Ratajkowski setup a Twitch stream. Emily isnt known for her personality, acting ability and high gameplay skill ceiling. We can agree she is basically eye candy(wood). Now dive into that scenario a step further by allowing un-moderated male adolescent teens run wild in the chat. Who are intentionally obnoxious with heavy emphasis on sexual comments. This is Kaceytrons viewer base.

I need to give an example in hopes of explaining it.

Imagine Emily Ratajkowski setup a Twitch stream. Emily isnt known for her personality, acting ability and high gameplay skill ceiling. We can agree she is basically eye candy(wood). Now dive into that scenario a step further by allowing un-moderated male adolescent teens run wild in the chat. Who are intentionally obnoxious with heavy emphasis on sexual comments. This is Kaceytrons viewer base.
The difference is that Emily got famous (and remains famous) principally for one thing: prancing around naked in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" video. Then there's the #Fappening where only Jennifer Lawrence's personal account rivaled her own in terms of variety and volume. Then there's the tons of nude photos of her that weren't hacked-- she distributes them freely. Then there is her T&A instagram. Finally, in her attempt to use this to vault to something greater, there's that supporting role in Gone Girl where in pretty much her only scene...she pulled out the glorious girls once again while seducing a married man as part of an ongoing affair.

I do not see that as analogous to a busty girl who wears low-cropped tops while streaming her games.

I get it. Corporate culture doesn't like even a whiff of controversy, or the risk of alienating the most conservative potential customers, especially when kids are part of the business model, but it seems a bit ridiculous that they would freak out about that.

I get it. Corporate culture doesn't like even a whiff of controversy, or the risk of alienating the most conservative potential customers, especially when kids are part of the business model, but it seems a bit ridiculous that they would freak out about that.

The target audiences are completely different. Platform of delivery may be the same but doesnt act as a bridge for endemic and non-endemic sponsors.

The target audiences are completely different. Platform of delivery may be the same but doesnt act as a bridge for endemic and non-endemic sponsors.
But this is precisely why I am a bit befuddled that LTT sponsors would be upset. Children may be consumers of Twitch, but they definitely are NOT the prime demographic of the PC building community. That would be males 18-45: exactly the demographic who would appreciate a channel like Kaceytron's.

Am I misunderstanding which sponsors we're talking about, here?

Thank you @Madmick for bringing this gentleman to my attention. Don't how how I'd never heard of him before, what a character.

Thank you @Madmick for bringing this gentleman to my attention. Don't how how I'd never heard of him before, what a character.

Damn, gotta say that I really dig that ballad, and goddamn Shazam continues to impress me as one of the greatest assets brought on by the digital age. It was able to identify the song by the last seconds where Doc isn't singing alone:

Damn, gotta say that I really dig that ballad, and goddamn Shazam continues to impress me as one of the greatest assets brought on by the digital age. It was able to identify the song by the last seconds where Doc isn't singing alone:

Gotta love that 80's synth style!!!

Raaaauuuuuuuuuuuuullll!

Who is this guy??

Does he do game reviews?

Reads thread..
Oh he's a steamer who cosplays as an 80s stereotype? Yawns..

Spoony is the only streamer I watch. Yahtzee is pretty good too but thats super rare even. Would rather just be playing.

Last edited:
It wouldn't matter. Those three or four gaming media sites are mostly dead.... or dying. They been exposed as wannabe game reporters who double has the SJW police and don't really have a pulse of the average gamer.

That article is great example. It spent for the first paragraph or two ripping on the Doc's Twitch character. Obviously they don't approve of what's he's doing. Not realizing that most of his over the top stuff is complete parody and not meant to be taking seriously.

I can almost guarantee most of his Twitch followers don't go to the sites anyway. His Raul character is freaking hilarious. He's not being racial about either, he's imitating a newb gamer who has no idea how to play the game... So his random partners try to give him advice and then get amazed when he's killing players left and right.
true, noone takes Kotaku seriously anymore

Reads thread..

Spoony is the only streamer I watch. Yahtzee is pretty good too but thats super rare even. Would rather just be playing.
you so cool buddy, here's a cookie

Who is this guy??

Does he do game reviews?

Reads thread..

In reality he is a former game designer for Sledgehammer games(I think it’s SH) that found his niche as a high octane streamer. He promotes violence, speed, and momentum. A 6’8” tall video gaming athlete with a 37” vertical jump, the two time—two time—back to back Blockbuster international video game champion in 1993 and 1994. He drives a Lamborghini Diablo and makes blonde banged, pimple faced, punk kids like yourself red in the face with envy.

RAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUULLLLL!

Who is this guy??

Does he do game reviews?

Reads thread..

reported for bad taste

While I can't stand to watch his stream too often, the dude really sets a good role for what gaming streams should be like. Production, attitude, gaming quality, etc is all top notch--doc clearly knows what the fuck he is doing.

Titty streamers, for better or worse, have set the standard for how to camwhore on a 13 years old & up website: show cleavage and camel toe on stream, sell the goods on their patreon connected account. I don't think it's that big a deal, but it's obvious twitch has failed to properly implement the IRL section when they actually ban streaming in that category at Twitchcon. They also ban IRL streamers for not showing enough gaming or IRL interaction, without actually stating exactly what and how much is enough.

In reality he is a former game designer for Sledgehammer games(I think it’s SH) that found his niche as a high octane streamer. He promotes violence, speed, and momentum. A 6’8” tall video gaming athlete with a 37” vertical jump, the two time—two time—back to back Blockbuster international video game champion in 1993 and 1994. He drives a Lamborghini Diablo and makes blonde banged, pimple faced, punk kids like yourself red in the face with envy.

RAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUULLLLL!

Actually I am fit 37 years old have brown hair and could care less but I get the gist lol..

Actually I am fit 37 years old have brown hair and could care less but I get the gist lol..
Exactly what a blonde banged pimple faced teenager would say!

xD

The Doc is cool, very entertaining. I much prefer his outrageous persona to all the dime a dozen boring college kids hitting a bowl in-between rounds.

Lol why all I asked is who he was. Don't be so sensitive Sally.
you didnt, you entered a fan thread just to tell them you are not a fan, you must be really really bored

Back