Slick's thread of Fire Pro | Page 3

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by Slick_36, Sep 8, 2017.

1. The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

The Diplomat
    Yeah, I used some mods when it was still in early access. Edited the ring, added more blood, different arenas, etc.

What I'm looking forward to most is the Management mode. I've been playing fire pro since the SNES days, so I'm kind of burnt out on the actual game play (even though it's amazing). I'd love for some more career-like modes.

Been playing WWE 2k18, and it's....meh. Crashes every 5 seconds, the MyPlayer "career" mode is useless, etc.

Slick_36 likes this.
  2. Slick_36 Waabishkizi Bizhiki

Slick_36
    Management mode will be a lot of fun, you can recreate the Monday Night Wars or start your own Indie and work your way from the ground up in Modern day. There's a lot of potential there. There's a mod that lets you use custom textures in place of the "Fight!" graphic that pops up before matches, so you can display an actual belt image to make title matches seem more meaningful. Plus situational abilities that give buffs or nerfs based on title matches/tournaments/leagues, so those modes feel like more than exhibitions even without the management mode.

The Diplomat likes this.
  3. Slick_36 Waabishkizi Bizhiki

Slick_36
    I tried playing 2k17 again recently and couldn't make it more than 15 minutes. Just feels pointless when a wrestler is only an appearance and some moves. Felt like every match was the same. Fire Pro make look simple on the surface, but it's an ocean in depth compared to the puddles that are the 2K games, as gorgeous as their graphics are.

4. Slick_36 Waabishkizi Bizhiki

Slick_36
    So I reluctantly lowered the stats on these guys to make them more compatible with other people's edits, most of the cuts coming from their defenses. And one of their first matches afterwards went longer than any match I've had before. An homage to the age of 60 minute broadways.

5. Slick_36 Waabishkizi Bizhiki

Slick_36
    Had an awesome match with Bronko Youngblood and my new dude Duke Thunder.

6. Slick_36 Waabishkizi Bizhiki

Slick_36
    I think I saw the best match I've ever simmed, tonight. Perfect pacing, sweet spots, and a big match finish. This had everything I want in a match.