Small hands! Help with 16oz sparring gloves

I have searched the threads but havent found a definitive answer. Im 5'7 140 pounds with small hands and wrists. I have a pair of fairtex Bgv1 12oz and find them too roomy with an overly wide hand compartment. ( maybe ita to do with the lack of a grip bar)
I find the 10z twins good but they were really tight to start with.

Im thinking of the breathable fairtex bgv1 I know they wont be as durable as full leather but I wont be using them as much seeing as they will just be for sparring. or boons or bvg9s
Are these good for girly hands? (Im not a girl BTW) I dont want something as massive and pillowy as the topkings or twins
I dont have the opportunity to try any on as Im in New Zealand and will be buying online
Knuckle circumference is 8 inches and wrists are 6 1/4 if that helps

try longer wraps or maybe something like this and than wrap your hands over it.

Title-Boxing-Knuckle-Guards_grande.jpg

Did you try them ? Rival has something similar and I wasnwonderwas how well they were fonctionning. I use the Winning knuckle guard but did not like them as the were sitting weirdly on my hands.

Did you try them ? Rival has something similar and I wasnwonderwas how well they were fonctionning. I use the Winning knuckle guard but did not like them as the were sitting weirdly on my hands.

no im kinda in the same boat, i have always wanted to try them because I always wish my hand wraps were longer, and also dont want to hassle with wrapping my hands all the damn time but i have never gotten around to purchasing any. just searched the winning knuckle guard, pretty much the same as using an additional wrap folded up it seems. the rival boxing one dont look bad.

s-l500.jpg

I ordered some winning ng-2 knuckle guards to help fill out the glove, that may help otherwise the quick wrap things with wraps over top may work. Ill probably try some 200" wraps as well and try and find the perfect fit.
I just wish i could find the perfect fit gloves :( i might get topboxers 16oz custom made just to be sure they will fit. My glove collection is getting bigger and im still wanting the 'perfect glove'

Boons are quite (overly) snug, they conform to your hands after some (week or so) breaking in. I think Top King is even more snug than Boon (is that the one?), which is incredible if true
How big are your hands? Ive heard great things about boons, I might be able to try some on but the store is an hour away

How big are your hands? Ive heard great things about boons, I might be able to try some on but the store is an hour away

My hands are on the big side, for MMA gloves it's Large size but not quite XL. I was barely able to get BOONs on when they were new. But they break in real nice in a couple sessions (two classes, two days for me) so unless you have absolute cans of ham for hands, you'll be fine.

I would recommend them. They feel different than any other glove I've tried in a really good way.

I also have small hands and the best fitting 16oz gloves I've ever tried on (though not used) are Topking Super Air. I can't comment on how good they are as sparring gloves, but I think they're pretty soft.

I have searched the threads but havent found a definitive answer. Im 5'7 140 pounds with small hands and wrists. I have a pair of fairtex Bgv1 12oz and find them too roomy with an overly wide hand compartment. ( maybe ita to do with the lack of a grip bar)
I find the 10z twins good but they were really tight to start with.

Im thinking of the breathable fairtex bgv1 I know they wont be as durable as full leather but I wont be using them as much seeing as they will just be for sparring. or boons or bvg9s
Are these good for girly hands? (Im not a girl BTW) I dont want something as massive and pillowy as the topkings or twins
I dont have the opportunity to try any on as Im in New Zealand and will be buying online
Knuckle circumference is 8 inches and wrists are 6 1/4 if that helps

I'm not trying to be offensive, but they do make gloves in women or youth sizes, if you can get past that aspect they might actually work for you.

Also there is the boxing brand PUNCH which is an Aussie brand I believe.

https://www.punchequipment.com

<mma4> something to consider.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but they do make gloves in women or youth sizes, if you can get past that aspect they might actually work for you.

Also there is the boxing brand PUNCH which is an Aussie brand I believe.

https://www.punchequipment.com

<mma4> something to consider.

You're correct, Punch is an Australian brand, I've worn their gloves for a few of my fights (They were what the promoter gave us) they are good quality, but when they aren't broken in you can really feel it pushing your thumb in an odd angle (I'm not really sure how to describe it). at the end of they day they're solid quality. Boring but solid.

I was going to suggest BGV1 tight fit (not just the breathable version - there's legit a 'tight fit' option out there). I've tried them on and the compartment in those are tight alright.

I was going to suggest BGV1 tight fit (not just the breathable version - there's legit a 'tight fit' option out there). I've tried them on and the compartment in those are tight alright.
Ahh ok, mine are the nation print bvg1s I thought they were the tight fit but apparently they are different. Hopefuly I can try a pair and try them on.

Sabas Pro Series has a very tight pocket. I have very small hands and the pocket on 16’s are nice and snug.

I can imagine they’d be a nightmare for larger hands, but they very well may be what you’re looking for.

Do you put them over your kncukles? Or infront of your knuckles. I find if you have them over your knuckles they add too much pressure, but if you haven them infront of your knuckles on your fingers they actually do their job better, almost like Radius Wraps.

Do you put them over your kncukles? Or infront of your knuckles. I find if you have them over your knuckles they add too much pressure, but if you haven them infront of your knuckles on your fingers they actually do their job better, almost like Radius Wraps.

Placed them in front, but they were getting up over when placing my hands inside my gloves. Probably was the way I wrapped my hands. Now I wrap them Thai style and like it a lot.

Radius wrap is calling my name, but not sure it I want to spend that much on them.

Placed them in front, but they were getting up over when placing my hands inside my gloves. Probably was the way I wrapped my hands. Now I wrap them Thai style and like it a lot.

Radius wrap is calling my name, but not sure it I want to spend that much on them.

I've got the radius wraps but am yet to use them haha

Top Ten Vintage gloves are a bit tighter inside than the normal ones. They come in 14 Oz.

Back