Smaller Profile MT/Boxing Sparring Gloves for Smaller Hands

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking to buy a new pair of sparring gloves. I am intending to use it for both muay thai and boxing sparring (so ideally the gloves should have enough padding to catch kicks + ample wrist support). I already have bag gloves so I don't need my new gloves to have a dual function. However, I am looking for a smaller glove (relative to size) given that I am only 5'6 and also one that has a smaller hand compartment.

I've been looking at the Fairtex BGV6/BGV5s but have seen a couple of bad reviews on them. I'm also considering the Hayabusa Tokushus but have heard they were more of an all-rounder glove, rather than one specifically suited for sparring.

Thanks in advance!

I've read numerous times the fairtex and hayabusa have quite a large hand compartment, the smallest Thai brands I've read about are Boon, Twins and Sandee but unfortunately it's going to be down to trial and error. In regards to high quality boxing gloves most are quite a snug fit but as you go upto 16oz the hand compartments can change a little, I've only got small hands and I love a snug fit, I've found gloves from Ringside UK, triumph united, LEMARR, ring to cage, Sabas etc are all a solid snug fit especially with hand wraps on

Back