Smartphone Handgun in Production, Shipping to Dealers

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
The Ideal Conceal smartphone handgun is now in production and shipping to dealers around the country.
On March 20, 2016, Breitbart News reported that Kirk Kjellberg created a handgun that looks like a cell phone. The main difference between the handgun and a smartphone is that the former fires two rounds for self-defense while the latter only allows you to dial 911 after you have been attacked and need first responders.

Kjellberg explained that his motivation for making the gun was to give Americans a way to carry their self-defense tool discreetly. He told WHDH, “When a little child, a boy about 7, saw me and said, ‘Mommy, mommy that guy’s got a gun,’ and that whole restaurant of course turns and stares at you, and I thought there’s just gotta be something better to do than this.”

He said his decision to use a smartphone design grew out of his desire to allow people to carry without having “to engage other people about why they’re carrying that gun.”

The Ideal Conceal smartphone guns holds two rounds of .380 auto, and part of the gun folds out to make a grip in the event that the gun is needed in a self-defense situation.

Kjellberg’s smartphone gun is now shipping to dealers around the country.

The Ideal Conceal smartphone guns holds two rounds of .380 auto, and part of the gun folds out to make a grip in the event that the gun is needed in a self-defense situation.

Kjellberg’s smartphone gun is now shipping to dealers around the country.

I think the anti-gun crowd isn't going to be pleased and I wonder how quickly someone will shoot themselves in the head answering their phone?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/10/smartphone-handgun-production-shipping-dealers/

I definitely don't see kids picking this thing up and playing with it like it's a phone. No siree Bob

Cops: “He turned and what I saw was a cellphone-gun in his hand.”

Lol, this is going to be the Curve all over again. It’ll generate buzz because it’s gimmicky, but isn’t going to put a dent in the Shields and G43s.

Phoning while black will be even more dangerous now.

JFC, "it looked like his phone was a gun in his hand" is already etched on the headstone of about twenty brothers a year. After this, it's going to be open season and not an indictment in sight.

@Cubo de Sangre this would be pretty useless is self-defense, right? Hard to imagine it being any more lethal than an airsoft rifle.

Meh, it's another gimmick gun. The best firearm in a real shooting situation is the one that you train with, and I don't see too many people taking these to the range. It's better to just be mature, carry the firearm you train with, and be willing to be the grown up instead of masquerading that firearm as a cell phone.

Hopefully Trump tries to tweet with it.
Calling for the death of a sitting US President, regardless of your political feelings, is pretty low. You should conduct yourself better than that.

JFC, "it looked like his phone was a gun in his hand" is already etched on the headstone of about twenty brothers a year. After this, it's going to be open season and not an indictment in sight.

It's almost like a parody. Like, they didn't see any of the downstream implications here?

Next up: finger guns.
b94509f0eef89428e384e444ba58d1ba.jpg

"hands up!" - shoots.
"I thought it was a finger gun"

@Cubo de Sangre this would be pretty useless is self-defense, right? Hard to imagine it being any more lethal than an airsoft rifle.
It's a gimmick gun and nothing really much more in my opinion. No one with any real sense would rely on this as a self-defense application.

I definitely don't see kids picking this thing up and playing with it like it's a phone. No siree Bob
Hell just got a bit colder...I agree with you Zebby23. <Eek2.0>

As a gun guy, I find this to be stupid. Anyone who buys one is just buying it to say "i have a cellphone gun".

Someone needs to bring out a cellphone shaped like a gun , really fox the bad guys .

It's a gimmick gun and nothing really much more in my opinion. No one with any real sense would rely on this as a self-defense application.

I believe one of the arguments against having *any* type of regulation on arms/explosives that I've heard on this site is that "anything can be a deadly weapon in the hands of the right person" so there's really no distinction in deadliness.

With that in mind, I like to think of a James Bond-type person using this to shoot someone directly through the eye, into the brain, killing them instantly. Or maybe the jugular? Idk, anatomy isn't my bag.

I believe one of the arguments against having *any* type of regulation on arms/explosives that I've heard on this site is that "anything can be a deadly weapon in the hands of the right person" so there's really no distinction in deadliness.

With that in mind, I like to think of a James Bond-type person using this to shoot someone directly through the eye, into the brain, killing them instantly. Or maybe the jugular? Idk, anatomy isn't my bag.
In a true defensive situation pretty much anything can be used by the truly desperate. Now whether it will effective is another matter. Would this firearm be better than being unarmed altogether? Really depends on the situation, the user and how well the gun phone is designed. Overall, you'd be much better served with any of the existing proven firearm designs in a subcompact easily concealable platform.

The more gimmicky the firearm the more potentially unreliable, dangerous to ones self and easily "broken" in my opinion...for what that's worth.

You know who is about to buy these?

Those fat kids that collect "ninja weaponry" from the pages of BudK.

Country assed party girls that cant handle their alcohol.

And dumbassed thugs.

All people who should not be eligible to own or operate a firearm.

IMO this is a solution in search of a problem. The inventor of this product didn't properly conceal his handgun in a restaurant, a child noticed he had a gun then told his mother loudly enough that everyone in the restaurant turned and looked at him.
Instead of learning how to properly conceal his handgun he determines that this " smartphone gun " is the solution.
Personally, as a very experienced concealed carry gun owner, this product seems pretty dubious. As far as I can tell, this gun would be difficult to deploy quickly with the " fold out handle" and the .380 caliber is fairly anemic as a self defense round so it is concerning that it only holds 2 rounds.
Finally with the police so often shooting people who have either nothing in their hands or keys, phones, etc., imagining they saw a gun, this is a bad idea on an entirely other level.

Back