Smartphone Handgun in Production, Shipping to Dealers

I'm as pro 2nd as it gets, but this seems like a dumb idea. I mean, what could go wrong?

I remember when they made the iPhone with a knife built in (but it was all a gimmick evidently). This is another level of insane.

No, but does make it a tad more difficult to keep firearms out of the hands of lunatics. Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the firearm ban-wagon. Just realize there are implications to the ruling that aren't necessarily in anyones interest.

I doubt some lunatic who is adamant about causing harm is going to take the time to buy an 80% lower and then finish it out to complete the lower and pair it with a functioning upper. It could happen, but IMO the risk is low.

It's even lower for someone in the same boat to also have 3D printing capabilities to print parts. It could also happen, but again I think the risk is fairly low.

Besides, if I'm capable of designing and printing parts most folks will do it all day long regardless of whatever ruling is made . . . especially if they're for person use only.

I'd love to get a decent CNC machine and machine my own parts or other items. One day . . . maybe one day. :)

I'm as pro 2nd as it gets, but this seems like a dumb idea. I mean, what could go wrong?

Other than someone getting shot for holding on to a phone? That happens already doesn't it?

I doubt some lunatic who is adamant about causing harm is going to take the time to buy an 80% lower and then finish it out to complete the lower and pair it with a functioning upper. It could happen, but IMO the risk is low.

It's even lower for someone in the same boat to also have 3D printing capabilities to print parts. It could also happen, but again I think the risk is fairly low.

Usually when I think of adamance I don't associate it with laziness.

3D printing is only gonna get easier. Much, much easier. And with better materials.

Usually when I think of adamance I don't associate it with laziness.

I mean sure, some normal person could flip out at any minute and do something drastic . . . or some teenager who endures months of bullying could take the time to part together some weapon. But is that really all that likely?

Do you associate lunacy with patience? Can't some of these parts take a day or so to print?

3D printing is only gonna get easier. Much, much easier. And with better materials.

As it probably should . . . but at what cost?

I mean sure, some normal person could flip out at any minute and do something drastic . . . or some teenager who endures months of bullying could take the time to part together some weapon. But is that really all that likely?

Do you associate lunacy with patience? Can't some of these parts take a day or so to print?

As it probably should . . . but at what cost?

My impression is that most of these school shootings are planned. And yeah, if parting together the weapon was their only option I'd expect them to do it.

Who can predict the range of effects and to what degrees? Suffice it to say, the ability to create will be at our fingertips.

Looks like our typical gun controlls are...triggered. :cool:

The market always corrects itself. No regulations or oversight are ever needed, all they do is get in the way of companies trying to put food on the table. If you call this company and tell them the downstream implications they will end production willingly.

We've never had free markets in America. Never.

My wife has a curve . . . not bad for a small purse gun.
When I was working at an FFL, there were more people who wanted to look at the Curve just because it was weird, but didn’t sell hardly any. Most went for the G42 or Kimbers in .380, or the Shields and G43s in 9mm. Nothing against the Curve, it’s just more known for being a bit gimmicky.

When I was working at an FFL, there were more people who wanted to look at the Curve just because it was weird, but didn’t sell hardly any. Most went for the G42 or Kimbers in .380, or the Shields and G43s in 9mm. Nothing against the Curve, it’s just more known for being a bit gimmicky.
Kel-Tec P-32 is the GOAT pocket gun.

Gimmicky how? Simply due to the slight curve of the design?

My impression is that most of these school shootings are planned. And yeah, if parting together the weapon was their only option I'd expect them to do it.

With the availability of 80% frames today if it was truly going to be a problem I think we'd see it. But yeah . . . most of them seem to be planned.

Who can predict the range of effects and to what degrees? Suffice it to say, the ability to create will be at our fingertips.

In a sense it really already is . . .

Meh, not for me but two rounds of .380 beats unarmed, I guess. All day.

Sounds like it will cost a lot for a shitty phone and a shitty gun. 2 items that don't make sense to combine

Back