SNL's The Californians skits - undiscovered LOLness

snl, lolness

oprah.gif

Like, I only discovered it, like, 45-ish minutes ago. Only seen two skits and it's a laugh fest.

I always thought shows like The OC are completely self-absorbed and I'm down with anything that makes fun of the Californian accent. It's hilarious because of the main SNL cast- the guest stars are cringe. Kristen Wiig is completely on the money. I lol everytime she says anything.

There are only eight skits ever apparently. I never watch SNL but I discovered the Stefon skits maybe two years ago.

Do people who live in LA always talk about driving directions?

I feel like Prime Wiig was one of the best things SNL had going in that era. Hader too. I never really got the whole describing directions/which streets to take gimmick in these sketches but it's funny to hear some of the people from LA comment on it here.

I liked the sketches. And the anniversary special one- for some reason I can't help but smile at the part where Bradley Cooper is like, "I was a juvenile delinquent, a jay dayyy"

Do people who live in LA always talk about driving directions?

I would think so. I’m not from LA, but I talk about driving directions a lot. Probably because it’s such a fucking battle to get places sometimes due to traffic. Yes, i’m From California.

I've lived in socal most my life and virtually no one talks like that.

I feel like Prime Wiig was one of the best things SNL had going in that era. Hader too. I never really got the whole describing directions/which streets to take gimmick in these sketches but it's funny to hear some of the people from LA comment on it here.

I liked the sketches. And the anniversary special one- for some reason I can't help but smile at the part where Bradley Cooper is like, "I was a juvenile delinquent, a jay dayyy"

My fave lines are from the second vid where Wiig pronounces "grapes" as grahps, and "amazing" as amyehzing.

I've lived in socal most my life and virtually no one talks like that.

Do you live in a Latino community? I think the normal version of what the skits are about are the upscale communities in Malibu/Newport.

My fave lines are from the second vid where Wiig pronounces "grapes" as grahps, and "amazing" as amyehzing.

Do you live in a Latino community? I think the normal version of what the skits are about are the upscale communities in Malibu/Newport.
I've lived in a couple different communities. Maybe they do talk like that in the Malibu Newport area.

I google'd the map of San Fernando, you really need to take the 405 from downtown L.A. Fucking lol!

As a native of SoCal I am very entertained by that skit.

Not many people are full tilt valley like that skit, but that is the point.

I google'd the map of San Fernando, you really need to take the 405 from downtown L.A. Fucking lol!

818 represent! No we don’t talk like that but it’s really a stereotype among people from LA or even the Westside.

But as I posted earlier, it is true about discussing directions. For example, I would take the 118E to the 405s, exit Sunset, make a left and then I would make a right on Charles E Young road to get to UCLA. I would always bitch, like god damn the 405s was a nightmare or they were doing construction on Sunset so I had to exit Wiltshire!

if you start in downtown L.A you would probably take the 10 going west to the 405 N , the 405 going south from san Fernando drops you off closer to west los Angeles which is sort of far from DTLA.

The last few cast members and last time SNL was funny

I love these.

Yes people in la talk about how they got where they got by which side streets and how much traffic and where they parked

Traffic talk. As Sydney’s congestion worsens I find myself doing the same.

closest i have seen

A modern day Aristotle.

Edit- I watched the whole thing. I swear this vid is the best 16 minutes you'll spend this day if you watch it.

"This chick's so...spun...out right now..."

Last edited:
818 represent! No we don’t talk like that but it’s really a stereotype among people from LA or even the Westside.

But as I posted earlier, it is true about discussing directions. For example, I would take the 118E to the 405s, exit Sunset, make a left and then I would make a right on Charles E Young road to get to UCLA. I would always bitch, like god damn the 405s was a nightmare or they were doing construction on Sunset so I had to exit Wiltshire!
Lol..they are accurate about us talking about traffic and routes...

It’s a damn struggle to drive here so it’s natural we are gonna plot and plan the daily route.

UCLA drive......fuckkkkkk

405....fuckkkkk

I literally quit a job because of that drive. That’s a miserable,satanic stretch of concrete.

idk how it was back in the day, but the SF valley is now majority hispanic and there's a lot more homelessness. Literally nobody talks like that.

Back