so.. according to Sherdog it's normal to..

People thinking that words have no consequences must be a direct product of the rise of the internet, where you can do anything and get away with it.

TS seems to think the real world is the same way.

Ts must be from the mean streets of west linn oregon

Go outside, find a black man, tell him "fuck you nig..r, and your whole family", and then come back and tell us what happened after. (If you're physically still able to)

Thank you.

is it normal? yes

Is it cool? not really

If this person goes around talking shit to everybody? Then there should be no sympathy for that person.

Gotta say I'm very disappointed in the reponses here. Not sure whether most of you are just trolling or not but you sure are feeding the "barbaric caveman with masculinity and civilization issues" image of our sport. One that many of us would rather leave behind than nourish even further, mainly those who do not fit this stereotypical mold who I hope are the majority.

nick diaz fought joe riggs again in the hospital, Buffer fought Trigg in an elevator, Stikeforce brawl, other example, other example, other example....#IsNormal

Yeah.. Nick Diaz is such an example of a successful man..

.. go and knock somebody out on the street because he said something about your father/job/country/religion.
Sherdog

so.. according to OP... its normal to go out on the street and say something about someones father/job/country/religion
OP

Honestly religion should be made fun of, maybe then it would be gone sooner. There's no good reason to believe in god so then religion isn't needed and all that's left is the shit pile of problems it brings to this planet by warping the minds of people who could otherwise grow up knowing how to use critical thinking.

Religion can seriously eat a dick. And if any god has a problem he can come talk to me. Oh wait that's right, we're supposed to believe in a god who never shows himself or talks to anyone lol...

Gotta say I'm very disappointed in the reponses here. Not sure whether most of you are just trolling or not but you sure are feeding the "barbaric caveman with masculinity and civilization issues" image of our sport. One that many of us would rather leave behind than nourish even further, mainly those who do not fit this stereotypical mold who I hope are the majority.
Stating the likely outcome of provoking an emotional response is different than justifying it.

It's not about being a "real man" or anything like that.
I could never imagine cursing at, or insulting someone unless I wanted to fight them. I would never say 'fuck you' to someone and then not be prepared to fight. And vice versa. If someone was in my face insulting me, I would usually take that to mean they wanted fight me.
Why else would you intentionally try to piss someone off?

That doesn't mean i think it's right. But i don't think it's an unnatural reaction.
Most cases Im going to avoid a fight, especially if it's over words. But my avoidance would be because I don't want any legal troubles. But my true beliefs are that people should be held accountable for their words

A person that intentionally tries to provoke someone isn't any better than the guy that he provoked into hitting him

Stating the likely outcome of provoking an emotional response is different than justifying it.
Normal defines the norm. If we accept physical violence as a result of verbal provocation and mostly react to it that way, we've accepted the renaissance of the dark ages. Neither the MMA community nor society in general should be willing to head for that.

.. go and knock somebody out on the street because he said something about your father/job/country/religion.
Sherdog

no.

it's normal to have a breaking point, and after months of ridicule, i'm sure a lot of you mutts would get salty as fuck.

i mean, look at how most of Conor's fans act on the internet when someone just says "Conor sucks", now imagine that happening, in real life, in front of THE ENTIRE WORLD, for over a year. half these fuckers are on suicide watch OVER SHIT SAID ON THE INTERNET ABOUT A GUY WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST.

most of them would've went straight unhinged and attempted to do a mass shooting had they had to put up with their family, religion, country, ethnic background, and manhood being disparaged in a language you can barely understand or speak while the world laughs about it.

It's not about being a "real man" or anything like that.
I could never imagine cursing at, or insulting someone unless I wanted to fight them. I would never say 'fuck you' to someone and then not be prepared to fight. And vice versa. If someone was in my face insulting me, I would usually take that to mean they wanted fight me.
Why else would you intentionally try to piss someone off?

That doesn't mean i think it's right. But i don't think it's an unnatural reaction.
Most cases Im going to avoid a fight, especially if it's over words. But my avoidance would be because I don't want any legal troubles. But my true beliefs are that people should be held accountable for their words

A person that intentionally tries to provoke someone isn't any better than the guy that he provoked into hitting him
I would absolutely differentiate between verbal attacks and physical violence. If I let myself be provoked into physical violence, the problem lies within me, I'm the one who will and should end up on the worse end of that legally (and morally because physical violence as a mean of resolve of conflict outside of sports competition is a clear sign of mental weakness). Being offended, being insulted and anything of that kind does not justify physical violence, even if I try to justify it as a "natural" reaction as much as I want. It takes and active, deliberate action for me to swing my fists in someone's face. Fights belong in sports, not into everyday interactions of a civilized society, not even the most heated, intense and personal ones. These legal troubles I or you would get exist for a good reason. I'm on your side concering accountability for ones words, physical violence isn't the right repercussion though.

Sherdog
You conveniently left out the fact that Conor and his team traveled across the world for the sole purpose of assaulting Khabib (according to Conor, he would have literally killed Khabib). In my mind, everyone who participated in this nonsense (from both camps) is a buffoon.

I would absolutely differentiate between verbal attacks and physical violence. If I let myself be provoked into physical violence, the problem lies within me, I'm the one who will and should end up on the worse end of that legally (and morally because physical violence as a mean of resolve of conflict outside of sports competition is a clear sign of mental weakness). Being offended, being insulted and anything of that kind does not justify physical violence, even if I try to justify it as a "natural" reaction as much as I want. It takes and active, deliberate action for me to swing my fists in someone's face. Fights belong in sports, not into everyday interactions of a civilized society, not even the most heated, intense and personal ones. These legal troubles I or you would get exist for a good reason. I'm on your side concering accountability for ones words, physical violence isn't the right repercussion though.
I mostly agree with you in principle. I don't think violence is all about mental weakness though.
There have been guys that I have wanted to crack to teach them a lesson, not out of anger, or an inability to control my emotions. I think physical violence has its place, but most people can't be trusted to use it appropriately.

Again, in general, I agree that issues should be resolved with words, but I think most fights happen over stupid stuff. Fighting over a difference of opinion is always wrong. But most fights happen because someone is just being an asshole. All the polite, civilized conversation in the world won't get through to a person like that.
I would avoid a fight due to not wanting legal issues, but I don't agree that it's always morally wrong or weak to slap a guy that's asking for a slap.
But that's just my opinion

Sherdoggers are weak minded. I'm not surprised though. I've been hit in the face before and still would not assault them back, and never will unless I feel it's completely necessary for self-defense. It's called being a good person and having composure.

Back