So can we all agree that Stipe has surpassed Cain as greatest UFC heavyweight?

Who do you consider comes after Stipe. Cain had potential but his career is slipping away. He didn't quite cut it. There's no doubt Miocic is a better champ than Valesquez.

Stipe
Cain
JDS

After that, it gets a bit hazy. You have greats like Reem, Werdum, etc who spent large chunks of their careers in other orgs. You have old school guys like Sylvia, Randy, etc who built up solid resumes over many years. And you flash-in-pan guys like Brock who looked elite for a couple of years but then fizzled. It's really subjective. But I think most would agree that, on UFC resumes alone, Stipe, Cain, and JDS are the top three hw's.

Cain comes back healthy he beats Stipe, DC could as well

I considered Werdum before Stipe went on his tear. Now yeah it's been a while since we had a HW defending titles against more than one guy over and over. Stipe is the best UFC HW but Pride Fedor and his knockout power and sub skills impresses me more.
I completely agree. Fedor’s run is one of the biggest accomplishments in mma history, considering he fought at heavyweight. Yeah he fought some cans in between, but most of the best heavyweights at that time were in Pride. Beating prime Nogueira and Cro Cop is more impressive than Stipe’s biggest wins so far imo. Although Stipe knocking Werdum out is up there and Stipe is steadily climbing the all time goat list for heavyweight.

No doubt, Cain seems longer-reigning because of all the delays and cancelations

JDS has had a better career in the UFC than Cain. A lot of people don’t even realize that.

I personally believe that Miocic has a better resume.

I would absolutely love to see Stipe vs. Cain though.

My god Cain is overrated. His resume lacks so much. His career has been a laundry list of injuries. JDS UFC resume is WAY better. Neck Werdum is too. Stipe as well.

I completely agree. Fedor’s run is one of the biggest accomplishments in mma history, considering he fought at heavyweight. Yeah he fought some cans in between, but most of the best heavyweights at that time were in Pride. Beating prime Nogueira and Cro Cop is more impressive than Stipe’s biggest wins so far imo. Although Stipe knocking Werdum out is up there and Stipe is steadily climbing the all time goat list for heavyweight.

And that run will never be forgotten. I think some of the can fights were entertaining like the Japanese found it to be. Blitzing Zulu and the annihilation is a fun watching, but people also can't forget he was doing that same annihilation to a few former HW champions from the UFC that were in his era. He made them look like fools, legit fighters. Randy and Nogueira had to keep working on Timmy while Fedor walks straight through him. 2002-2006 Red Devil Fedor is a more sensational fighter than anyone in the UFC at the moment. Like Bas Rutten said. He's a brown belt in everything.

Jesus Fedor swinging for the fences is not remotely close to the same guy. People can point to p.e.d which he's never failed a thing, but his new found fight strategy is what's most costing him fights. Now he's just finished but his legacy will live. Let's see if he can kill another former UFC HW in Mir. That's his era of fighters. You can't expect him to run the gauntlet forever. It stops with ambition and age.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of Cain being put on a pedestal. Like people still compare him to Fedor as if he can even hold a fucking candle to Fedor.

Stipe is a better fighter and has a better record than Cain. Stipe also isn't made out of glass.

You could argue Cain might be the better fighter, but for sure Stipe has the greater legacy.

Cain doesn't deserve a title shot, but I wanna see him vs Stipe

Back