So, coconut oil is bad now?

First they said Coconut oil was better than Canola oil, now they say Coconut oil is worse than Canola oil?

Make up your damn minds people!!!

Its also bad to get less than 6.846 hours of sleep per night, or more than 7.1534 hours of sleep.

A glass of wine a day is good one week, then scientists say its toxic two weeks later.

But, coffee is good for you.... wait... this just in... coffee is as healthy as cyanide.

In all seriousness, I've enjoyed adding coconut oil into my diet, and I'll wait for Dr. Rhonda Patrick's opinion of the Harvard Professor's opinion that coconut oil is 'pure poison.'

It's poison I tell you!!! Pure poison...........
Haha,
Its also bad to get less than 6.846 hours of sleep per night, or more than 7.1534 hours of sleep.

A glass of wine a day is good one week, then scientists say its toxic two weeks later.

But, coffee is good for you.... wait... this just in... coffee is as healthy as cyanide.

In all seriousness, I've enjoyed adding coconut oil into my diet, and I'll wait for Dr. Rhonda Patrick's opinion of the Harvard Professor's opinion that coconut oil is 'pure poison.'

I'll wait for Big Boss' opinion on the matter...

You should moderate intake of saturated fats. No shit. This has been conventional wisdom for decades.

Anyway, I'm still baffled by the coconut oil hysteria that took off a few years ago. I got into a hilarious argument with the wife of a relative who was claiming that she was drinking a quarter cup a day during her pregnancy because it would guarantee that her kid had a higher IQ.

Good video.

You sure?

That guy is a "naturopathic doctor" he's talking utter nonsense in this video. He has basically put on a white coat and called himself a cardiologist.

Last edited:
The article doesn't mention a study. The epidemiologist just doesn't like coconut oil because it can raise cholesterol levels. I'm personally not worried. I'll keep eating coconut and oil. I believe there are better theories for the cause of heart disease than the cholesterol theory.

I add almost a table spoon of coconut oil to my smoothie everyday, not sure what to think of it with all these contradicting studies.

I don't eat it anyway, only rub it on my body :)

I wouldn't eat pure coconut oil or put tea spoons into my food, however I don't see any problems with cooking with it.

Coconut + olive oil + butter are my go to oils.

My dad likes grape seed but I read it wasn’t healthy so idk

You should moderate intake of saturated fats. No shit. This has been conventional wisdom for decades.

Except every bit of dogmatic conventional wisdom from the past decades coming from the medical field / paid for by pharmaceutical companies / paid for by food giants has been either debunked or has turned out to be highly questionable and is back up for scrutiny and research again.

Attitudes are starting to change. But If you go to your local hospital and ask for a nutrition plan from a doctor, a nurse, or a registered dietician, all of which are mostly likely fat, ugly middle-aged slobs who clearly have no idea what they're talking about, most of them will still you give you the good ol' conventional wisdom plan of decades past they learned during their schooling:

Eat a shit ton of carbohydrates, make it the cornerstone of your diet
Eat "fat-free" products
Worship whole wheat bread
Replace natural fats with canola and soybean oils, who are totally super healthy trust us
Reduce salt
Eat a ton of small meals, because magic
Never fast or skip a meal, it will kill you
Run away screaming from saturated fats
Eating fat makes you fat... so eat carbs instead
Exercise because it will totally help you lose weight and keep it off
Protein is really bad OK, it will kill your kidneys, have a piece of bread instead
Drink skim milk... because fat, and fat is scary
Sugar totally doesn't cause metabolic syndrome
No seriously sugar is just bad because it's empty calories... it doesn't do anything else
Red meat will kill you
Low-carb diets will you, eat more bread

I mean... feel free to follow that plan if you want, fam. <{Heymansnicker}>

I don’t trust most studies and that’s just sad. Big pharma and other interests can guide and manipulate the public way too easily.

I don’t know that coconut oil is a miracle oil but it’s healthier than margarine probably and probably most other processed oils. I also believe it all depends on what the rest of your diet consists of. I think combinations are probably an issue.

It's great for making Marijuana edibles.

I don't think the AMA or AHA have ever said anything other than "diets HIGH in saturated fat can lead to heart disease".

Except every bit of dogmatic conventional wisdom from the past decades coming from the medical field / paid for by pharmaceutical companies / paid for by food giants has been either debunked or has turned out to be highly questionable and is back up for scrutiny and research again.

Attitudes are starting to change. But If you go to your local hospital and ask for a nutrition plan from a doctor, a nurse, or a registered dietician, all of which are mostly likely fat, ugly middle-aged slobs who clearly have no idea what they're talking about, most of them will still you give you the good ol' conventional wisdom plan of decades past they learned during their schooling:

Eat a shit ton of carbohydrates, make it the cornerstone of your diet
Eat "fat-free" products
Worship whole wheat bread
Replace natural fats with canola and soybean oils, who are totally super healthy trust us
Reduce salt
Eat a ton of small meals, because magic
Never fast or skip a meal, it will kill you
Run away screaming from saturated fats
Eating fat makes you fat... so eat carbs instead
Exercise because it will totally help you lose weight and keep it off
Protein is really bad OK, it will kill your kidneys, have a piece of bread instead
Drink skim milk... because fat, and fat is scary
Sugar totally doesn't cause metabolic syndrome
No seriously sugar is just bad because it's empty calories... it doesn't do anything else
Red meat will kill you
Low-carb diets will you, eat more bread

I mean... feel free to follow that plan if you want, fam. <{Heymansnicker}>

This is the standard low carb nonsense spouted by people who have no idea about nutrition. It's dumb posts like that that lead some people to assume all carbs are bad.

Back