So Escape Plan 2 is coming? And there's already a trailer???

Hmm. Didn't know this was in development either.

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the first one. He's an interesting character, imo. A guy that can break out of anywhere is something they can do a lot with. It doesn't have to be just prisons. This guy can end up being like a Macgyver that gets sent in to break pow's out of war camps or something.

Frank Leone in Lock Up was a much better version of that character.

I was pretty disappointed with the first one but this looks like enjoyable schlock.

<mma4>

It looks like it's lacking what made the first one palatable at times. Arnold stole the show and added very effective humor in his relatively few scenes and that is gone. Sam Neill, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jim Caviezel brought some top quality supporting chops, though not much was done with them. However, they pushed "Curtis Jackson" way down (or out of) the top billing. Now Fitty is one of the three names boasted about as a selling point for the movie.

However the good thing about Escape Plan 2 is that we get to see Roman Mitichyan deliver lines for the first time since "I'm not a woos, I'm not a poosy."

It looks like it's lacking what made the first one palatable at times. Arnold stole the show and added very effective humor in his relatively few scenes and that is gone. Sam Neill, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jim Caviezel brought some top quality supporting chops, though not much was done with them. However, they pushed "Curtis Jackson" way down (or out of) the top billing. Now Fitty is one of the three names boasted about as a selling point for the movie.

However the good thing about Escape Plan 2 is that we get to see Roman Mitichyan deliver lines for the first time since "I'm not a woos, I'm not a poosy."

More than anything I just found the first one boring. If I was using Stuckmann's A-F scale, I'd give it a C. Not terrible or poorly made, but not inspired either. I was mostly yawning through it.

This one seems like it might be incorporating some underground fighting tournament element into the mix (or something like that). And there are Chinese people. So that could be fun.

More than anything I just found the first one boring. If I was using Stuckmann's A-F scale, I'd give it a C. Not terrible or poorly made, but not inspired either. I was mostly yawning through it.

This one seems like it might be incorporating some underground fighting tournament element into the mix (or something like that). And there are Chinese people. So that could be fun.

It was Lock Up with a removal of the heart, fleshed out characters and invested acting.

In Hell > Lockup

Fight me

I'd probably rather rewatch In Hell than Escape Plan, if that's worth anything.

I have Lock Up as one of the most egregiously underappreciated films of the 80s.

By the way, did you know that In Hell was directed by

RINGO LAM

?

Sly easily took out aquaman. Drax is next.
Sly would end thanos.

Sly easily took out aquaman. Drax is next.
Sly would end thanos.

He couldn't even beat Mickey Rourke in a fair fight.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mickey cheated. Plus he was Cyrus then. And Sly was in bad shape.

Mickey Cheated? It was completely fair and Sly threw the first punch. Sly suckered him in the rematch.

Mickey Cheated? It was completely fair and Sly threw the first punch. Sly suckered him in the rematch.
Mickey had people spike Slys drink. It is known. Rematch was fair.

The first one was enjoyable as it had that nostalgic 80s feel. I'll probably watch this for the heck of it.

It's pretty hilarious that Escape plan 3 is already in the can and Escape plan 2 isn't even out.

Looking forward to it. First one was decent entertainment.

Literally the selling point of the first one was a decades in the making team up between Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

The first one was not good enough to warrant a sequel without that gimmick.

No Arnold = no interest

Rocking a 3.8 on imdb. Sly should have stayed away from this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back