So evidently Fury is a bum?

I think our best answer is that it could be a bit of everything? He sees Wilder as a good matchup, the $, what is at stake should he win, gets a dig at Hearn/AJ etc.

At the end of the day I just hope hes comitted 110%. Fury might be a POS, but hes good for the division. Not to mention hes entertaining in and out of the ring (aside from the Wlad fight lol).
Did you see his last fight? There was no entertainment in that ring, there wasn't much fighting either.
I've never been sold on fury, he's always looked awful in every fight, interested to see what he does here though, I thought he was fighting in a couple of weeks ?

I don't think wilder is as static or flat footed as wilder tbh
I know that wilder stands flat footed to load up but the way he sways and swings wide, could well be a nightmare for fury.
AJ comes in much like Klit, very textbook, ideal for evasive and clinching boxing?

Joshua doesn't have the same aversion to leaving himself open as wlad so he will not be gun shy at all against fury. I don't see a fight with Joshua being in any way similar. I think he will have issues closing the gap but will let his hands go when he does. Wlad didn't do that at all, safety first. he also couldn't employ his usual bullying tactics because, for once, he didn't have size/strength advantage. Wlad was very much out of his comfort zone against Fury

Wilder has never fought a guy bigger/longer than him (that Im aware of), and there will be quite a big size difference. He's more reckless coming forward and I can see him walking in to furys shots to get his own off. I don;t see that happening in Nov/Dec when they fight because there is no way Fury will be ready for it imo, but that is how I would personally see the fight if it happened instead of Furys fight with Wlad. Wilder will Knock Fury out when the fight

Did you see his last fight? There was no entertainment in that ring, there wasn't much fighting either.
I've never been sold on fury, he's always looked awful in every fight, interested to see what he does here though, I thought he was fighting in a couple of weeks ?
I dont base a career on his last fight. We knew that was a joke when the hobbit opponent was announced.

Have you seen any other fights? To say he has always looked awful is rather ridiculous.

He is fighting in a couple weeks, and how he looks there will be very important into how exciting or not exciting the fight with Wilder should be.

I dont base a career on his last fight. We knew that was a joke when the hobbit opponent was announced.

Have you seen any other fights? To say he has always looked awful is rather ridiculous.

He is fighting in a couple weeks, and how he looks there will be very important into how exciting or not exciting the fight with Wilder should be.
I've seen most of them, even met the guy, I dunno, I've just never sat there and thought he was good, from his early days punching himself in the face to beating Klitschko via...hypnosis maybe?
I understand he's massive and not many fighters have dealt with someone like him but you can't deny you must've been begging Klitschko to just do something, because the Klitschko that fought Joshua absolutely destroys Fury.

, because the Klitschko that fought Joshua absolutely destroys Fury.

Fury is odd I agree but I dont agree with your last sentence. If Klitschko could not implement his wrestling heavy gameplan and establish his jab there is not much danger and not much activity at all from him because he was so mentally unstable that he kind of froze.
As a prime Fury was able to do that he would always be a very big obstacle to Klitschko. Fury is the technical much more sound boxer than AJ regarding ring tactics, footwork and negating your advantages. Sadly he is also a master in making fights a sleeping pill.

The threadstarter tries to construct a drama that does not exist. No one says Fury is a bum but in his last fight he fought like a bum. His potential is high but it all depends on how he trains. If Fury will get into the ring in good shape the fight will be
boring as boring gets. If not there will be fireworks and a nice Wilder ko.

Regarding Furys skill set I have huge respect for him.

I've seen most of them, even met the guy, I dunno, I've just never sat there and thought he was good, from his early days punching himself in the face to beating Klitschko via...hypnosis maybe?
I understand he's massive and not many fighters have dealt with someone like him but you can't deny you must've been begging Klitschko to just do something, because the Klitschko that fought Joshua absolutely destroys Fury.
That fight sucked shit, but no. Its the same Klits. The only difference is he had an opponent who chose to play to Wlad’s strengths rather than avoid him.

Fury is odd I agree but I dont agree with your last sentence. If Klitschko could not implement his wrestling heavy gameplan and establish his jab there is not much danger and not much activity at all from him because he was so mentally unstable that he kind of froze.
As a prime Fury was able to do that he would always be a very big obstacle to Klitschko. Fury is the technical much more sound boxer than AJ regarding ring tactics, footwork and negating your advantages. Sadly he is also a master in making fights a sleeping pill.

The threadstarter tries to construct a drama that does not exist. No one says Fury is a bum but in his last fight he fought like a bum. His potential is high but it all depends on how he trains. If Fury will get into the ring in good shape the fight will be

That fight sucked shit, but no. Its the same Klits. The only difference is he had an opponent who chose to play to Wlad’s strengths rather than avoid him.

I dunno, maybe it's just me subconsciously hating on him, I've just never been impressed by him and I think Wilder batters him.
I'd rather see Wilder fight Chisora really, he looked great last weekend, finally seems to have got his act together.

Doesn't Fury have a fight in a couple of weeks? What happens if he gets KO'd?

I'd like to see you show me a fight where he has looked really good, other than his fights against Chisora, who isnt exactly a decorated fighter

Doesn't Fury have a fight in a couple of weeks? What happens if he gets KO'd?
He said he will retire when he loses a few times in some interviews. I can't see him losing though but it can happen!

Sounds like a Great fight that sets up the winner for a huge $ fight vs AJ (IF he gets past Povetkin).

If Deontay beats Gury he’ll have more leverage in negotiations with AJ, the opposite is true for Fury. If he doesn’t come in a FAT fuck he could box Deontae up. COULD.

Good fight, could be a stinker though.

Recursive

I don't think wilder is as static or flat footed as wilder tbh
I know that wilder stands flat footed to load up but the way he sways and swings wide, could well be a nightmare for fury.
AJ comes in much like Klit, very textbook, ideal for evasive and clinching boxing?

I'd like to see you show me a fight where he has looked really good, other than his fights against Chisora, who isnt exactly a decorated fighter
So, ignore some of his best wins? Lol. Ok.

No matter how he looks in his next fight he’s not ready for wilder. He should be fighting a couple of top 10 fighters before a title shot imo. I can see him getting hurt in this fight
I agree, I think he's also several fights away from fighting the elite.

But if he's this insistent on fighting Wilder then I think it's because he doesn't want to box anymore and is looking to cash out.

I believe his team probably feels the same way.

Klitschko was also coming off a (minor, i think) calf surgery and they changed the ring padding last minute to a smaller size than he was hoping for. Something that's overlooked

Apparently a fight with Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury is close to being finalized. . . According to expert boxing forum posters Wilder has no chin, fights only bums and is lucky to be an era of weak heavyweights.

So then by virtue of forum poster's expertise Fury is a bum.

Wilder gets clowned by Fury

Dorothy is a BUM.

So, ignore some of his best wins? Lol. Ok.

He has looked good against Chisora twice, i asked you to show me another fight he has looked good in, and you will struggle, as he looks like shite near every time he fights

Klitschko was also coming off a (minor, i think) calf surgery and they changed the ring padding last minute to a smaller size than he was hoping for. Something that's overlooked

Well that’s 1 theory. And I’m not sure it would help a calf strain, it would work your calf’s/Achilles harder imo
The other is that he wanted it thicker to limit furys movement. The more spongy it is, the harder it will be on furys legs as the fight progresses, making him more static. The fight was nearly called off due to this. I tend to believe that wlad was trying to get a further advantage, not due to any injury?

I agree, I think he's also several fights away from fighting the elite.

But if he's this insistent on fighting Wilder then I think it's because he doesn't want to box anymore and is looking to cash out.

I believe his team probably feels the same way.

Yeah I’m starting to think that. There’s so much more money with a joshua fight but he is over a year and a few victories away from getting in the ring with him. He may never get there after what he has put his body through.
I definitely think he’s cashing out. I think he’s achieved what he wanted to, and that’s the HW championship. And if he ain’t motivated for the right reasons, wilder could really hurt him

Back