So... how is your day going?

Good and Terrible

will you do steroids again after everything settles in? i'm very curious on how the steroids affected your injuries. i'm guessing it must've helped since it will help strengthen all the surrounding muscle to help keep everything locked in, but i'm not a doctor nor have i ever used steroids so my guess is pure speculation out of ignorance. also is weight lifting at all done or will you be able to do things like belt squats? i'm guessing deadlifting and any kind of pressing movements are probably a no go? sucks though, i hope the doctor was wrong, sometimes they are about these kinds of things, and you can get back to doing what you like to do.
So I asked the doc a short list of "will I still be able to" after the dust settles.

1) play teach piano
2) play teach drums
3) run a few miles
4) lift weights

He said yes piano, maybe drums, yes running, probably not for lifting.

If thats how it goes I can live with it.

---

Will I do "steroids" again?

I will continue TRT, testosterone injections which should have a positive affect on healing.

I used to increase the test and add a little Anavar for a few weeks when I was lifting hard and I doubt I will be able to lift like that after this series of surgeries is done.

It's OK. I have no legitimate need to be "jacked" I just did that for my own confidence.

nah, i think my pain was intense but it only lasted for a few months. it seems like you've been like this for years. besides i don't think about it in terms of whose was worse, i think about it like we now have a shared bond through some kind of life changing brutal agony lmao. it's like trying to explain what a coca cola tastes like to someone who has never had a coca cola. only someone who has drank coca cola knows really what it's like haha

and yeah the shark, i got that bastard good. right in his black, lifeless doll eyes.
That makes a lot of sense.

I agree 100%, pain is something you can really only understand if you have experienced it.

Thats good that your situation was temporary.

I have learned how to live with pain so if I have pain for the rest of my life, I can deal with that, but it seems like there may be some paths available for me to eventually have less pain and I can take a bit of hope and positive outlook from that.

So how in the world does your arm snap in half like big nog? Were they applying a kimura to you while they remove the metal stuff?

The way a shoulder replacement works is that a metal fake bone is inserted into the humerus and the bone grows around it and basically bonds to it which gives it stability.

When it comes out the hope is that they can pull the metal free of the bone which had grown around it.

In my case they pulled the metal out and the bone came with it.

I may be able to get x-rays.
If I do I'll post them.

Another morning at the gym, followed by another day at work, hopefully I'll have a good evening.......

Was looking forward to “What we do in the shadows.” Finale But I guess Disney pulled channels off of Spectrum including ESPN so there goes fix for sports.

2 days since my last post and its no better,

PaltrySkeletalFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

I had surgery yesterday to remove shoulder replacement hardware which had become loose at the connection points and has suspected infection.

During surgery my arm bone (humerus) BROKE IN HALF and came off with the implant.

For additional fun, that will require at least one more major open surgery to do a graft or cadaver bone implant, so instead of a 2 surgery ordeal, it will be a minimum of 3.

And the glenoid (socket) was so fucked up from loose hardware + bone fragments bouncing around that he had to use a bunch of concrete to get it to stay together. That may need another bone graft surgery (4) and unfortunately with concrete not being a particularly smooth substance it means any rotation at all results in pops and clicks and inflamation. I can already tell it is worse than the last time I did this operation and the surgery meds haven't even worn off fully.

Nerve block missed too.

I must have been an evil son of a bitch in a past life.

How is your day going?

Did they run out of your favorite flavor coffee creamer?
Cause that is some bullshit.
I hate when that happens.

Please consider yourself invited to share any grievances you may have.

Why did you have to have shoulder replacement surgery to begin with?

Also, no the creamer was there, luckily.

Why did you have to have shoulder replacement surgery to begin with?

Also, no the creamer was there, luckily.

Started with sport injuries and a labrum injury that kept tearing again.

(From a discussion with another member)

I had a hotshot Dr at Hospital For Special Surgery promise to make everything better with WAY more aggressive surgeries. I was in pain and frustrated and I had re torn my labrum again. If I had it to do over again I would have been way better off scoping it every 3 years and staying at a dose of maybe 10mg Norco (hydrocodone) 1-3x day.

Prior to HSS I had 3 arthroscopic surgeries. Recovery was easy just a few weeks. One of the surgeries I played a New Years Eve show with my band 13 days after surgery.

HSS doc did a cadaver implant reconstruction, and pain went up, so he recommended replacement. The guy had signed New York Yankees, Knicks and Giants jerseys on his wall from pro athletes, so I foolishly trusted him.

The infection must have happened from the cadaver implant because I recall that it felt hot and burning. So when they did a replacement after that it is doomed to fail because metal is not human tissue and it has no way to fight off infection.

So basically by that guy never bothering to test me for infection first, he turned 1 surgery into 5, probably bought himself a yacht or a shore house and I will most likely have pain for the rest of my life.

I don't think he had any bad intentions. I think he was a young doctor following protocol designed by the medicine BUSINESS. I just got caught in the crosshairs.

<WhatItIs> It is what it is.

What's done is done.

2 days since my last post and its no better,

PaltrySkeletalFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

"All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by."

Virtual Hugs from Ellie Dog and Me.

Went to Gym this morning, nice workout. Just got home from the beach. I did some surfing and checked out women in thongs. Nice Turkey and avocado sandwich for lunch. Later I am going to a car show, then over a buddies house who has a brick oven and is making pizzas. So looks like a good one.

"All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by."

Virtual Hugs from Ellie Dog and Me.
<JennieThumbsUp>

Not so great. I have a cough, which = full blown AIDS.

Good. We’re going out on our ATV’s tomorrow, leaving from my friends house and ending up here where I’m going to do some cooking and have a small party. We may get the jet skis out too..

I am excited for this. It will be the last hurrah for me at this home until my new one is built. I’m moving out next month and it’s officially sold. I’m going to miss it as I built what at the time was my dream house. The only issue is it’s 45-50 min from literally anything and we get bad winters. I also got an obscene sum of money from it which is allowing me to build whatever I want just outside of city limits, on the water.

Dude this sounds fucking awful lmao. It always amazes what can happen to the body and the medical treatments for it. Amazes, and terrifies me . . .

On that note I’ve been sick since yesterday. Not sure what it is. Just hoping I’m not dying.

<Oku02>

Good luck with your wacko shoulder xx

Back