So I guess Cyborg wants Mayweather in an MMA fight now?

hahaha I love how you debate with yourself, with points and counter-points.
I do that as well, and sometimes while I am writing something I already think of a few reasons why it is not a good point :)

But I still maintain that the biggest asset Floyd has is Boxing movement. but that works for boxing.

if you look at Conor fight with him, Conor had "taken his back" plenty of times, just because he was used to look for it, and Floyd is not used to defend against it.
Floyd might be training MMA. But let us be honest. How much can one improve in one/two years? Especially if facing anyone who's been training that same thing for over a decade?
Even with his gifts, I don't think Floyd will be close to prepared. yes, he can catch someone with boxing.
But he can't hit someone who's diving for his legs. And if they catch his legs, he's done.

That is a completely different world than in a ring with bigger gloves where someone can only punch you from the waist up...

LOL, u MMA fans are ridiculous man. I remember reading the same thing about Rousey vs Floyd where anyone with a single brain cell could tell you Floyd would knock her out as soon as she went for the takedown. Look what Nunes done to her - seriously, the tears are pouring down my face hahaha!

The same would happen with cyborg. Floyd KOs her as soon as she goes for the takedown. This isn't even up for debate. Sorry.

And let me educate some of you MMA monster drinking fanboys...

1. Toney was obese and so badly brain damaged they had to use subtitles for his promo. That fight is obsolete.

2. Mayweather isn't the best boxer ever, please watch Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Duran & Tommy Hearns. Please.

3. Floyd & Conor was fixed.

Randy not a good example to debate what cyborg would do. Because she said pretty much said what Randy did with tony. Take him down and take no chance of him getting a punch in and kept it standing. She doesn't want take the risk her miss a leg kick and he counter it and makes her pay for it. Floyd foot, body and movement speed to fast for her movement speed. I would put my money on cyborg with a sub.
I agree.

LOL, u MMA fans are ridiculous man. I remember reading the same thing about Rousey vs Floyd where anyone with a single brain cell could tell you Floyd would knock her out as soon as she went for the takedown. Look what Nunes done to her - seriously, the tears are pouring down my face hahaha!

The same would happen with cyborg. Floyd KOs her as soon as she goes for the takedown. This isn't even up for debate. Sorry.

And let me educate some of you MMA monster drinking fanboys...

1. Toney was obese and so badly brain damaged they had to use subtitles for his promo. That fight is obsolete.

2. Mayweather isn't the best boxer ever, please watch Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Duran & Tommy Hearns. Please.

3. Floyd & Conor was fixed.

Floyd & Conor was fixed???
<TheWire1>

What? Conor should have won??? ROFLMAO!!!!
You know you just destroyed all your credibility, right?

Floyd & Conor was fixed???
<TheWire1>

What? Conor should have won??? ROFLMAO!!!!
You know you just destroyed all your credibility, right?

Yes, fixed.

The circumstances surrounding this 'fight' and the brands involved means it was always going to be fixed to ensure both brands escape unharmed - and the script was played out perfectly.

In a legit boxing match, Floyd would KO Conor in 1 round. There are levels & levels & levels between them. If he decided to humiliate Conor then he could literally play checkers on one hand & light Conor up with the other. The beating would be so humiliating that using the "it wasn't Conor's sport" reasoning wouldn't prevent the damage done to brand McGregor. Conor & his team aren't stupid. They know that.

It was a business 'fight'. That was evident even by watching it. There is nothing I can say that will make you change your mind. Keep living in la la land.

Yes, fixed.

The circumstances surrounding this 'fight' and the brands involved means it was always going to be fixed to ensure both brands escape unharmed - and the script was played out perfectly.

In a legit boxing match, Floyd would KO Conor in 1 round. There are levels & levels & levels between them. If he decided to humiliate Conor then he could literally play checkers on one hand & light Conor up with the other. The beating would be so humiliating that using the "it wasn't Conor's sport" reasoning wouldn't prevent the damage done to brand McGregor. Conor & his team aren't stupid. They know that.

It was a business 'fight'. That was evident even by watching it. There is nothing I can see that will make you change your mind. Keep living in la la land.
Nah, kid. You are the one in la la land.
weird-al-foil.png

Floyd obviously was toying with COnor, taking his time.
but from that to think it was scripted?
Sorry, you lost your marbles.

Nah, kid. You are the one in la la land.
weird-al-foil.png

Floyd obviously was toying with COnor, taking his time.
but from that to think it was scripted?
Sorry, you lost your marbles.

I knew a tin foil hat reference was coming. So predictable. So conditioned.

Yes Floyd fought in a completely different style, let him win several rounds & let Conor hit him more times than previous opponents to ensure Conor's brand wasn't effected. In return, Floyd got his expected stoppage against a novice. A stoppage in which Conor was still on his feet & leaving the lingering feeling of "what if he never gassed". It was fixed, that there is no doubt. And any future match ups between the two will also be fixed.

"Floyd was toying with Conor". That tells me everything I need to know. If Floyd was to toy with Conor in a legit setting then he could literally just bolo punch him repeatedly, use one arm, humiliate him etc etc.

Please don't tell me you are one of they delusional nuts that are cheering at the press conferences buying into the 'beef'. Delusional.

I knew a tin foil hat reference was coming. So predictable. So conditioned.

Yes Floyd fought in a completely different style, let him win several rounds & let Conor hit him more times than previous opponents to ensure Conor's brand wasn't effected. In return, Floyd got his expected stoppage against a novice. A stoppage in which Conor was still on his feet & leaving the lingering feeling of "what if he never gassed". It was fixed, that there is no doubt. And any future match ups between the two will also be fixed.

"Floyd was toying with Conor". That tells me everything I need to know. If Floyd was to toy with Conor in a legit setting then he could literally just bolo punch him repeatedly, use one arm, humiliate him etc etc.

Please don't tell me you are one of they delusional nuts that are cheering at the press conferences buying into the 'beef'. Delusional.

Kid, you are too predictable.
"all or nothing" kind of crap that you are always "sure" and you know more than anyone else around you...
Don't give me that crap. You are just a dumbass with an opinion, and you are blatantly wrong.

If you want to know, I think Floyd did not know what to expect from Conor (but knew he could handle in a boxing match), so he allowed Conor to "do his thing" in the early rounds. He was also coming back from retirement, so he didn't rush and took his time. But as time passed, he picked up the pace, and Conor (predictably) could not follow.
This was obviously not agreed upon and not done as you said. That much is clear.

If anything, Floyd catered to his public by giving them a show for the money (they would be frustrated if he was to KO Conor in 10 seconds after all the build up).
Besides, doing this way he left open a door for a rematch... something that would have been impossible if he was to humiliate Conor (you can see Conor nuthuggers claiming Conor "could have won").

So no. You are wrong. This was far from being scripted.

Kid,

I had to stop reading your post, because you really lack common sense.
While I understand what you are trying to say, this is not fucking tenis, hockey or sprinting.
And you are not talking about Men's MMA fighter against Cyborg.

You are talking about one BOXER fighting an MMA MATCH under MMA rules.
If you can't get over this little piece of information, there's no hope even to have a proper conversation on this. Because we are obviously not talking the same thing.

Note: I forced myself to read your post until the end, because I wanted to make an effort to understand your point. But come one now.
I never said she will beat a male fighter... though I do think she IS an exception to WMMA and could be competitive against some top 145 fighters.
Don't forget: Most women train MMA with men (mostly because there are not many women at their level in Gyms). Heck, I noted this before. There are recordings of Cyborg training with Tito for crying out loud! (here, time stamped for you)... and he is a LHW!!!

And again, I am nos saying by the above she can beat male FW's. But don't tell me she has no chance against a neophyte like Floyd in MMA!

If it was just tennis, hockey, or sprinting I'd agree. However, its just about every sport out there. There isn't a single sport (unless you include archery and shooting as sports) outside of riding/driving sports where a good high school boy won't beat the best woman in the world. Why do you expect it to be different in MMA? I guarantee you its the case in judo and wrestling (Rousey for instance was regularly thrown around in judo randori (sparring) by high school boys who weighed 20 lbs less than her - the big difference is actually speed more than strength, though that's there too).

Cyborg lifting Tito two feet off the ground actually proves the point - a high school boy would have lifted him shoulder high, and easily. How do I know this? Because the move used to be part of judo (daki-age), and high school boys were lifting much heavier opponents with it repeatedly, and then slamming them (old school judo expected you to have a breakfall - as Fedor said about Randleman's slam, that was just a normal judo practice throw. (As a side bar, what Cyborg did wasn't a slam, it was barely a lift. A slam involves lifting to should level and driving down, not a knee high lift).

In terms of Cyborg fighting male FW's, I note you state that Cyborg can't compete against male FW's, but you also state she could be competitive against some top 145 fighters ... I'm not sure which of the two you believe.

I find your second point better; it's not about whether Cyborg could be competitive against a male FW (you've taken both sides on that), but on whether a boxer could be competitive against a MMA fighter in MMA. Certainly a lot of people debate that, and while most of the time the MMA fighters win, there have been cases of the boxer winning (ask Tim Sylvia about that). So the answer is pretty much: about as competitive as an MMA fighter could be against a boxer in boxing. That is, in general I agree. Mayweather is going to do as badly against Conor in MMA as Conor did against Mayweather in boxing.

However, that's having two top level male competitors face each other. Cyborg is far slower, weaker, and clumsier than any male FW in the UFC (or any male 125 pounder for that matter). Watch her footwork against Holly - and then compare Holly's footwork against Mayweather's. She had trouble catching Holly, how in the world is she catching Floyd?

Moreover, Mayweather claims he has wrestling experience. I suspect his saying his wrestling is 70% as good as his boxing is BS, but if he's done enough to have some takedown defense, then Cyborg is never taking him down (her ground grappling is pretty good, but she has poor takedowns).

Last edited:
Kid,

I had to stop reading your post, because you really lack common sense.
While I understand what you are trying to say, this is not fucking tenis, hockey or sprinting.
And you are not talking about Men's MMA fighter against Cyborg.

You are talking about one BOXER fighting an MMA MATCH under MMA rules.
If you can't get over this little piece of information, there's no hope even to have a proper conversation on this. Because we are obviously not talking the same thing.

Note: I forced myself to read your post until the end, because I wanted to make an effort to understand your point. But come one now.
I never said she will beat a male fighter... though I do think she IS an exception to WMMA and could be competitive against some top 145 fighters.
Don't forget: Most women train MMA with men (mostly because there are not many women at their level in Gyms). Heck, I noted this before. There are recordings of Cyborg training with Tito for crying out loud! (here, time stamped for you)... and he is a LHW!!!

And again, I am nos saying by the above she can beat male FW's. But don't tell me she has no chance against a neophyte like Floyd in MMA!

Floyd would knock her out as soon as she came within spitting distance of him. The difference in speed, reflexes, timing, accuracy, distance control and spacial awareness are light years apart. You have no idea.

If it was just tennis, hockey, or sprinting I'd agree. However, its just about every sport out there. There isn't a single sport (unless you include archery and shooting as sports) outside of riding/driving sports where a good high school boy won't beat the best woman in the world. Why do you expect it to be different in MMA?

Cyborg lifting Tito two feet off the ground actually proves the point - a high school boy would have lifted him shoulder high, and easily. How do I know this? Because the move used to be part of judo (daki-age), and high school boys were lifting much heavier opponents with it repeatedly, and then slamming them (old school judo expected you to have a breakfall - as Fedor said about Randleman's slam, that was just a normal judo practice throw. (As a side bar, what Cyborg did wasn't a slam, it was barely a lift. A slam involves lifting to should level and driving down, not a knee high lift).

In terms of Cyborg fighting male FW's, I note you state that Cyborg can't compete against male FW's, but you also state she could be competitive against some top 145 fighters ... I'm not sure which of the two you believe.

I find your second point better; it's not about whether Cyborg could be competitive against a male FW (you've taken both sides on that), but on whether a boxer could be competitive against a MMA fighter in MMA. Certainly a lot of people debate that, and while most of the time the MMA fighters win, there have been cases of the boxer winning (ask Tim Sylvia about that). So the answer is pretty much: about as competitive as an MMA fighter could be against a boxer in boxing. That is, in general I agree. Mayweather is going to do as badly against Conor in MMA as Conor did against Mayweather in boxing.

However, that's having two top level male competitors face each other. Cyborg is far slower, weaker, and clumsier than any male FW in the UFC (or any male 125 pounder for that matter). Watch her footwork against Holly - and then compare Holly's footwork against Mayweather's. She had trouble catching Holly, how in the world is she catching Floyd?

Moreover, Mayweather claims he has wrestling experience. I suspect his saying his wrestling is 70% as good as his boxing is BS, but if he's done enough to have some takedown defense, then Cyborg is never taking him down (her ground grappling is pretty good, but she has poor takedowns).

LOL
sorry, but you make assumptions and generalizations like they are unbreakable rules, and you are flat out wrong.

I noted Cyborg probably could not compete with the top of the division, but I did say that she trains with male 145'rs (which is the case for most women who trains MMA by the way). And I do think that Cyborg would probably not lose against everyone in the bottom of the male 145 division.

But from that to Boxers? hell yeah!
I would take cyborg (on an MMA match) against any pure boxer.
And while I am not the same as you, I do think she would lose some matches of fighters who can catch her coming in. But I have absolutely no doubt that if she takes a leg,m she can beat them.

You claim that Floyd wins every time just shows your misogynism.

Floyd would knock her out as soon as she came within spitting distance of him. The difference in speed, reflexes, timing, accuracy, distance control and spacial awareness are light years apart. You have no idea.
here's another misogynist.

Unlessyou are claiming he will also beat COnor with the same qualities you just put....

here's another misogynist.

Unlessyou are claiming he will also beat COnor with the same qualities you just put....

Yeah right, because Cyborg will have the same punch resistance as a man lol. Just stop.

So I guess Cyborg is ready to come out and admit she has a dick?

Yeah right, because Cyborg will have the same punch resistance as a man lol. Just stop.
Kid, you are a retard.
If this was Boxing, I would agree she had no chance. but MMA?
You are too fucking stupid and biased to understand reality.

LOL
sorry, but you make assumptions and generalizations like they are unbreakable rules, and you are flat out wrong.

I noted Cyborg probably could not compete with the top of the division, but I did say that she trains with male 145'rs (which is the case for most women who trains MMA by the way). And I do think that Cyborg would probably not lose against everyone in the bottom of the male 145 division.

But from that to Boxers? hell yeah!
I would take cyborg (on an MMA match) against any pure boxer.
And while I am not the same as you, I do think she would lose some matches of fighters who can catch her coming in. But I have absolutely no doubt that if she takes a leg,m she can beat them.

You claim that Floyd wins every time just shows your misogynism.

On the contrary, if Cyborg can compete with men, then there's no reason to have separate divisions for men and women in MMA. The people who want to merge men's and women's sport are almost always people (usually men though also some old fashioned women) who see it as a way to get women out of sport.

Pointing out that men have a physical advantage in most current sports (you could design sports which women would do better at - for instance the higher body fat makes them better at long distance swimming because of better flotation) is not misogyny, its making the case that women should have separate divisions and the place in the Olympics (and the UFC) that comes with that.

BTW, I don't think I ever said Floyd wins 100% of the time - sport simply doesn't happen that way. A high school tennis player is going to beat Roger Federer under some circumstances Illness, injury, really bad night's sleep, or just one of those really bad days - Rousey was mocked for saying she'd beat Cain under some circumstances, but she was right - suppose he slipped and tore his knee, or came in with a fever of 104 degrees?

But in my opinion Floyd's going to win most of the time. In fact, if he's got as much wrestling as he claims (70% of his boxing ability) he's going to beat a number of UFC fighters in his weight division, fighters Cyborg couldn't touch. I doubt he's 70% as good at wrestling as he is boxing, but if he has indeed wrestled then taking him down isn't going to be trivial for many UFC fighters.

This same argument is going on btw about Joshua (the HW boxing champ) fighting in the UFC with a couple of years of wrestling (apparently less than Mayweather has). Many are saying Joshua with a bit of wrestling beats most the UFC heavyweights, including possible Stipe. And Floyd is a much better boxer than Joshua.

Last edited:
On the contrary, if Cyborg can compete with men, then there's no reason to have separate divisions for men and women in MMA. The people who want to merge men's and women's sport are almost always people (usually men though also some old fashioned women) who see it as a way to get women out of sport.

Pointing out that men have a physical advantage in most current sports (you could design sports which women would do better at - for instance the higher body fat makes them better at long distance swimming because of better flotation) is not misogyny, its making the case that women should have separate divisions and the place in the Olympics (and the UFC) that comes with that.

BTW, I don't think I ever said Floyd wins 100% of the time - sport simply doesn't happen that way. A high school tennis player is going to beat Roger Federer under some circumstances Illness, injury, really bad night's sleep, or just one of those really bad days - Rousey was mocked for saying she'd beat Cain under some circumstances, but she was right - suppose he slipped and tore his knee, or came in with a fever of 104 degrees?

But in my opinion Floyd's going to win most of the time. In fact, if he's got as much wrestling as he claims (70% of his boxing ability) he's going to beat a number of UFC fighters in his weight division, fighters Cyborg couldn't touch. I doubt he's 70% as good at wrestling as he is boxing, but if he has indeed wrestled then taking him down isn't going to be trivial for many UFC fighters.

This same argument is going on btw about Joshua (the HW boxing champ) fighting in the UFC with a couple of years of wrestling (apparently less than Mayweather has). Many are saying Joshua with a bit of wrestling beats most the UFC heavyweights, including possible Stipe. And Floyd is a much better boxer than Joshua.
apparently?
Come on now, kid. Show me ANY proof that Floyd has more than two years of wrestling! You can't. Because he does not.
And I trained for almost a decade, and I can tell you that "training" is not the same as professional training. And Floyd does not have 70%.
That is as true as Conor claiming he beat Paulie.

And this is exactly why Cyborg can beat him. Because he does NOT have wrestling. he does NOT know how to defend takedowns.
Heck, you could see during their boxing match how easily Conor could take COnor's back simply because Floyd is clueless about it (as it doesn't happen in Boxing).

FLoyd is an absolute wizzard in the ring, under boxing rules. But you bring your bias into MMA, which unfortunately for you, it does not apply.

Back