So I went to a weed store

I will wander into one eventually...no real rush for it...from what Ive heard about the ones here in Manitoba....its over priced and not that good, my advice would be to find someone still selling it if you want to partake....at least until these places get their shit figured out

i dont smoke much but might try a stain high in CBD for sciatic pain.

I really enjoy doing it but I just cant function and smoke. here are a cpl funny stories of the last times i did it

I decided to smoke a fat joint with some friends before class. I was in a marketing class and we had to draw a storefront set it up and explain our reasoning in front of the class. I was high as balls and drew a pizza store with ppl eating pizza. not sure if the TA thought I was high or mentally handicapped.

i went to a party and my friend has a high end vaporizer. decided to give at a go and smoke a ton (hadnt smoked in a few years) my high friend followed me around with a vacuum cleaner because I was spilling food everywhere and when we were playing sherades the only answer that would pop in my head was golden shower. Wife was there and doesn't smoke. on the ride home i literally sat in the car(wife was driving) and thought try not to act high and it felt like i blinked, I was home I didnt budge for the almost hr drive lol. I went to sleep at 3am and woke up at 7pm the next day .

Thanks for that

I have bipolar disorder and fuck knows what else. I definitely suffer from paranoia. One reasons I want to try weed is as a mood stabilizer, but if there are strains that raise your energy levels it'd be brilliant because the biggest side effect of the meds is lethargy, which I can't stand. I always kind of assumed weed would make me lethargic too, but not with the same chemical haze I get with the meds (ie my body feels like it's shutting down). Right now I drink like 6-8 energy drinks a day to keep myself awake, which prob isn't healthy. Perhaps I can replace that with this Sativa

There are some cool websites where users rate and talk about their experiences with various strains within the broad sativa, indica, and hybrid categories, so you can have more of an idea of what you are looking for going in. I know a lot of people use cannabis as a mood elevator for depressive symptoms. For sure stay away from edibles to start, as they have more intense and longer lasting effects (THC is processed differently via this route), whereas tinctures and just smoking from a pipe allow one to start slower and to control dosing much more effectively. Here is a link to one helpful website that focuses on fighting fatigue, etc.,

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring/fight-fatigue
https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring/get-active
https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring/stay-productive

I'm kind of the same with energy drinks, shit like Ephedrine, plus prescription stimulants bro. None of them seem to really do anything special to me. I don't know how they are for other people but I don't feel a buzz from them. Like I mentioned in another post I put away like 8 Red Bulls a day and I never feel particularly energetic as a result, it's just I don't seem to slip into tiredness as easily.

So here's my true story.

I'm mixed Jamaican so grew up with it being part of the culture. So no judgement re anyone who did it. I just never felt the need to get high. But I also never really got drunk.

In Highschool and University I was around high guys all the time. Sat passing it back and forth. More than likely hotboxed sitting in the room many times. But never felt anything and never directly did any drugs.

So in Amsterdam for my 40th bday with my then-wife and my prior business partner and his wife I decide 'when in Amsterdam...' and I am going to get high.

My business partner loves his weed and is a regular in Amsterdam. First night there we go to his favorite coffee shop. He gets a water bong and we go down stairs and start smoking up. We all take turns hauling, in through mouth, hold, out through nose. The 3 of them get high quick, I feel nothing. I am soon babysitting giggly children just like back in University. We go to the bars and I grab some drinks just to try and feel a little something.

Second night we go back to the same place. This time they get an aerator like bong. Again within minutes they are all high and giggly and looking at me. I say I am still feeling nothing. They say 'you just have to let go and go with it' to which I say does that mean fake it? Same deal. We leave and head out and I am babysitting as I did not get at all high.

Third night back again. This time the owner is in the coffee shop. My business partner says 'this is my friend, he is Jamaican and has been in your shop 2 nights now and cannot get high on your stuff'. The owner looks me up and down and tells them all to leave and me to sit with him. They go down below with a water bong, he rolls a joint for us. He hauls on the joint, makes me haul and hold and we do this through joints 1 and 2. He keeps asking me how I feel and I say I feel nothing. He looks at me like a freak as I can see he is getting high. Another joint later and he is pretty baked and I feel nothing. The 3 of them come up from downstairs and I tell them I feel nothing and we prepare to leave again. As they walk past me and I go to follow, I suddenly realize I cannot step. My ex says 'what's wrong' and I say 'my legs won't move'. I then see tweety birds swirling around my head at high speed.

Then I remember I am sitting on the ground with me ex sitting behind me Shogun/Wanderlei style and the shop staff trying to get me to drink water. I thought I had passed out for about 2 hours. They said it was about 10 seconds.

I was gone. They walked me to the hotel, put me in bed and I woke in the morning with zero hang over and no ill effects. But I still never truly experienced being high. I just went from nothing to basically pass out.

Last New Years, 10 years later, I am in Jamaica with the girl I am dating. We smoke a little each night and she feels high. I think I felt a tiny buzz but truly am not sure.

So as of today I cannot really sense I have ever truly experienced being high.

Maybe this week, in Edmonton, I'll hit a new dispensary. Hmmm.

For those who smoke regularly do you think smoking from a pipe is better or worse than in cigarette form?

I kind of like the idea of not breathing in any unnecessary bleached paper and I brought this home from Jamaica and it works well.

Revolver-bala-em-forma-cachimbo-cachimbo-tabaco-moedor-de-erva-port-til-destac-vel-com-presentes.jpg_640x640.jpg

So here's my true story.

I'm mixed Jamaican so grew up with it being part of the culture. So no judgement re anyone who did it. I just never felt the need to get high. But I also never really got drunk.

In Highschool and University I was around high guys all the time. Sat passing it back and forth. More than likely hotboxed sitting in the room many times. But never felt anything and never directly did any drugs.

So in Amsterdam for my 40th bday with my then-wife and my prior business partner and his wife I decide 'when in Amsterdam...' and I am going to get high.

My business partner loves his weed and is a regular in Amsterdam. First night there we go to his favorite coffee shop. He gets a water bong and we go down stairs and start smoking up. We all take turns hauling, in through mouth, hold, out through nose. The 3 of them get high quick, I feel nothing. I am soon babysitting giggly children just like back in University. We go to the bars and I grab some drinks just to try and feel a little something.

Second night we go back to the same place. This time they get an aerator like bong. Again within minutes they are all high and giggly and looking at me. I say I am still feeling nothing. They say 'you just have to let go and go with it' to which I say does that mean fake it? Same deal. We leave and head out and I am babysitting as I did not get at all high.

Third night back again. This time the owner is in the coffee shop. My business partner says 'this is my friend, he is Jamaican and has been in your shop 2 nights now and cannot get high on your stuff'. The owner looks me up and down and tells them all to leave and me to sit with him. They go down below with a water bong, he rolls a joint for us. He hauls on the joint, makes me haul and hold and we do this through joints 1 and 2. He keeps asking me how I feel and I say I feel nothing. He looks at me like a freak as I can see he is getting high. Another joint later and he is pretty baked and I feel nothing. The 3 of them come up from downstairs and I tell them I feel nothing and we prepare to leave again. As they walk past me and I go to follow, I suddenly realize I cannot step. My ex says 'what's wrong' and I say 'my legs won't move'. I then see tweety birds swirling around my head at high speed.

Then I remember I am sitting on the ground with me ex sitting behind me Shogun/Wanderlei style and the shop staff trying to get me to drink water. I thought I had passed out for about 2 hours. They said it was about 10 seconds.

I was gone. They walked me to the hotel, put me in bed and I woke in the morning with zero hang over and no ill effects. But I still never truly experienced being high. I just went from nothing to basically pass out.

Last New Years, 10 years later, I am in Jamaica with the girl I am dating. We smoke a little each night and she feels high. I think I felt a tiny buzz but truly am not sure.

I don't know why but I found this hilarious.

Everything they said about the "different highs" and all that was fkn total bs..

It's wtevr man.. The government and corps decided it was time for a piece of that pie, and that's all it is. People will just keep getting stoned and wtf ever. Harder to explain to kids that they shouldn't be potheads.

AdBWDoN.jpg

I havent smoked in 10 years. Weed doesn't look like this now does it?

There's two here in Calgary and it looks like a fucking breadline from opening to closing. Don't know what's more pathetic: the government's implementation or the fact people are actually standing in line for hours to buy pot.

I'll check one out in a few months once people calm the fuck down.

Never seen as strong an argument for the addictive qualities of weed as when I'm working and I drive by the Southland store and see retards lined up around the block at 11am on a workday.

Usually when someone makes a super long post, 'tldr' is standard procedure.

But this is no random poster. There's only one Clippy, so....

Tldr.

W/ that said, yeah weed is big business.

So here's my true story.

Being in Edmonton myself I think I should join you, as I’m like you, I’ve smoked it several times in the past and have pretty much never felt anything.

I was born and raised in Fort McMurray and weed consumption among my peers in high school from 1999-2003 was pretty high. First time someone tried to get me high was my older brother while he was home during the Christmas holidays when I was in grade 10. I never “felt” anything beyond just getting the munchies. But I never felt “high” or “stoned” from it. The night also had an unpleasant end to it as my brother and I got our asses kicked by six guys that my brother was mouthing off to, so it was one of those “learned my lesson, straight and narrow from here on” moments for me that lasted the rest of grade 10 and I swore that I wouldn’t touch drugs again.

When I was in grade 11 was when most of my friends really got into smoking pot regularly. I remember Halloween 2001 a bunch of my friends wanted to get high and watch Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness and I joined them. Once again I felt nothing at all so I largely just faked it and went along with it. The following month several friends wanted to put in a large order to their dealer so they were trying to get people together to each buy a quarter ounce, and so I bought in. Over the next two months I’d bring my baggie along with me to meet up with my friends to smoke our supplies. Never once felt anything beyond the munchies, meaning I had a growling hunger in my stomach. But not a high or stoned feeling in my head. Smoked it one last time at a New Year’s Eve party to ring in 2002. Still nothing. After that I didn’t try it again through the rest of high school.

I tried it once during my undergrad years, during the Oilers run for the Stanley Cup in 2006. The night they lost in game 7 one of my friends was smoking up so I joined him as part of the consolation process following the Oilers’ loss. But once again, felt nothing.

After that never tried again till 2008 during my first year of law school. Oddly enough, my four closest friends in law school were essentially all stoners. I tried smoking with them at the end of the semester just before Christmas in first year and again at the start of the year in third year. Didn’t feel anything either time.

Now that it’s legal I kind of feel like trying again. What’s holding me back is my wife is staunchly anti-weed. Even with it legalized she’s against it. It’s weird because I know my wife’s mother used to be a pot head in her youth, and my wife’s younger sister used to smoke it in her high school days and she’s only a year younger than my wife. However, my wife is still against it. It’s like I’m married to a Republican law maker or something, lol.

I don’t want to do it behind my wife’s back, so I’m not sure how long, if ever, it will be before I try it again. Perhaps it’s not even worth trying anyway. If the first dozen tries over a ten year period of 2000 to 2010 did nothing why should I expect any different from a thirteenth try in 2018?

Did you use adderall after the weed to type that fucking thesis you posted

I'm a speed typer - not to gloat but I can type so fast and sometimes I forget to wrangle myself in.

The ‘types of weed’ you’re talking about, were the names saliva and indica that you can’t remember? Indica makes you relax, sativa makes you more energetic.

Thanks for the tip I didn't know this

So here's my true story.

It's interesting how it effects everyone so differently, from feeling nothing to going insane :eek:

Being in Edmonton myself I think I should join you, as I’m like you, I’ve smoked it several times in the past and have pretty much never felt anything.

I was born and raised in Fort McMurray and weed consumption among my peers in high school from 1999-2003 was pretty high. First time someone tried to get me high was my older brother while he was home during the Christmas holidays when I was in grade 10. I never “felt” anything beyond just getting the munchies. But I never felt “high” or “stoned” from it. The night also had an unpleasant end to it as my brother and I got our asses kicked by six guys that my brother was mouthing off to, so it was one of those “learned my lesson, straight and narrow from here on” moments for me that lasted the rest of grade 10 and I swore that I wouldn’t touch drugs again.

When I was in grade 11 was when most of my friends really got into smoking pot regularly. I remember Halloween 2001 a bunch of my friends wanted to get high and watch Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness and I joined them. Once again I felt nothing at all so I largely just faked it and went along with it. The following month several friends wanted to put in a large order to their dealer so they were trying to get people together to each buy a quarter ounce, and so I bought in. Over the next two months I’d bring my baggie along with me to meet up with my friends to smoke our supplies. Never once felt anything beyond the munchies, meaning I had a growling hunger in my stomach. But not a high or stoned feeling in my head. Smoked it one last time at a New Year’s Eve party to ring in 2002. Still nothing. After that I didn’t try it again through the rest of high school.

I tried it once during my undergrad years, during the Oilers run for the Stanley Cup in 2006. The night they lost in game 7 one of my friends was smoking up so I joined him as part of the consolation process following the Oilers’ loss. But once again, felt nothing.

After that never tried again till 2008 during my first year of law school. Oddly enough, my four closest friends in law school were essentially all stoners. I tried smoking with them at the end of the semester just before Christmas in first year and again at the start of the year in third year. Didn’t feel anything either time.

Now that it’s legal I kind of feel like trying again. What’s holding me back is my wife is staunchly anti-weed. Even with it legalized she’s against it. It’s weird because I know my wife’s mother used to be a pot head in her youth, and my wife’s younger sister used to smoke it in her high school days and she’s only a year younger than my wife. However, my wife is still against it. It’s like I’m married to a Republican law maker or something, lol.

I don’t want to do it behind my wife’s back, so I’m not sure how long, if ever, it will be before I try it again. Perhaps it’s not even worth trying anyway. If the first dozen tries over a ten year period of 2000 to 2010 did nothing why should I expect any different from a thirteenth try in 2018?

lol ask for the most potent shit they have - tell your story - ask for a money back guarantee

I did go to the grocery store next to me and like I said it's attached to the new weed store.

I imagine the store is happy about it cause I shit you not it was packed with people carrying those unmarked white paper bags around buying shit, snacks and stuff.

Back