So I went to a weed store

Man, I've never done weed before. But it's still legal in the US. I might just hit Colorado when I'm in the US again. Want to try it, and it not be sketchy

Everything they said about the "different highs" and all that was fkn total bs..

It's wtevr man.. The government and corps decided it was time for a piece of that pie, and that's all it is. People will just keep getting stoned and wtf ever. Harder to explain to kids that they shouldn't be potheads.

Well first off the government is against it. Its still illegal at the federal level and the Attorney General Jeff Sessions is the bane of anyone in the country that wants it legalized at the federal level. Secondly, its the people of the states voting to legalize, not the corporations or the government. Yes, the corporations are going to cash in but without the support of the vote they wouldn't cash in on shit because as I said, the fed wants it illegal and in some way is shitting itself mad over this turn of events at the state level.

Lastly, I don't know who told you the different strains weren't different but they are definitely different. The propaganda level of "what about the children" in your post is exactly how the government, through the schools and media has managed to brainwash a nation for the last 100 years that marijuana is the devil, omgerd what about the children. Regulating the sell of weed makes it harder for children to get, not easier. Right now they just buy it from their friend the black market. I would rather my kids smoke weed than drink alcohol, that's for damn sure. I don't even remember my school trying to keep me off alcohol, it was always don't do drugs.....the government approved drugs are ok though.

In conclusion, you've been propagandized for so long you don't know which way it up.

Holy fucking story. Are you sure you didn't go to the ephedrine store?

Good thread TS. I don't usually read long fucking posts like this, but I was glad i read this, interesting read.

{<redford}

I am in the UK so buy my weed the old fashioned way - From a dude I hardly know in a gym parking lot.
I long for the day I can roll up to a legit dispensary and have a choice of different weeds with funky sounding names.

Man, They should open a store that only sells sandwiches

They have this

fPqmIho.jpg

Some guy could be spraying harsh chemicals on it to kill lady bugs and you smoke that shit - not good!
Other bugs maybe. Ladybugs are actually good for growing pot, they eat the bad bugs like aphids.

Other bugs maybe. Ladybugs are actually good for growing pot, they eat the bad bugs like aphids.

right yes of course- I forgot that episode of Trailer Park boys

Being in Edmonton myself I think I should join you, as I’m like you, I’ve smoked it several times in the past and have pretty much never felt anything.

I was born and raised in Fort McMurray and weed consumption among my peers in high school from 1999-2003 was pretty high. First time someone tried to get me high was my older brother while he was home during the Christmas holidays when I was in grade 10. I never “felt” anything beyond just getting the munchies. But I never felt “high” or “stoned” from it. The night also had an unpleasant end to it as my brother and I got our asses kicked by six guys that my brother was mouthing off to, so it was one of those “learned my lesson, straight and narrow from here on” moments for me that lasted the rest of grade 10 and I swore that I wouldn’t touch drugs again.

When I was in grade 11 was when most of my friends really got into smoking pot regularly. I remember Halloween 2001 a bunch of my friends wanted to get high and watch Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness and I joined them. Once again I felt nothing at all so I largely just faked it and went along with it. The following month several friends wanted to put in a large order to their dealer so they were trying to get people together to each buy a quarter ounce, and so I bought in. Over the next two months I’d bring my baggie along with me to meet up with my friends to smoke our supplies. Never once felt anything beyond the munchies, meaning I had a growling hunger in my stomach. But not a high or stoned feeling in my head. Smoked it one last time at a New Year’s Eve party to ring in 2002. Still nothing. After that I didn’t try it again through the rest of high school.

I tried it once during my undergrad years, during the Oilers run for the Stanley Cup in 2006. The night they lost in game 7 one of my friends was smoking up so I joined him as part of the consolation process following the Oilers’ loss. But once again, felt nothing.

After that never tried again till 2008 during my first year of law school. Oddly enough, my four closest friends in law school were essentially all stoners. I tried smoking with them at the end of the semester just before Christmas in first year and again at the start of the year in third year. Didn’t feel anything either time.

Now that it’s legal I kind of feel like trying again. What’s holding me back is my wife is staunchly anti-weed. Even with it legalized she’s against it. It’s weird because I know my wife’s mother used to be a pot head in her youth, and my wife’s younger sister used to smoke it in her high school days and she’s only a year younger than my wife. However, my wife is still against it. It’s like I’m married to a Republican law maker or something, lol.

I don’t want to do it behind my wife’s back, so I’m not sure how long, if ever, it will be before I try it again. Perhaps it’s not even worth trying anyway. If the first dozen tries over a ten year period of 2000 to 2010 did nothing why should I expect any different from a thirteenth try in 2018?

Well it would be cool to meet another sherbro and share a moment over some bud. The only other sherbro I have met is @Loiosh who seems to be a great guy.

Based on your statement it seems that your wife's experience with her mom seems to have informed her opinion on the drug. Most likely she was always embarrassed by her mom, who probably did not think anyone could tell she was always high but all her friends and family knew.

That would make it tough on to use as your wife is unlikely to ever get over that and you could immediately become the target of all your wife's former frustrations that she could never blast her mom with. Do not think you sneakily smoke and she won't know as the smell is pervasive to those who don't smoke. Its in your clothes and hair. My old business partner always thought no one in the office knew when he snuck out of the office for a few tokes. We ALL knew the instant he came back. It was the inside joke of the office.

But if you do decide to try and want to meet a fellow sherbro, I'll pick up the stash and we can sit out on my patio (weather is actually nice enough) overlooking 104st downtown and sip on some nice booze from my collection. But that will be an Uber night. I am around this coming weekend before taking off on some travels the next few. Just let me know.

Weed 'BRINGING CDN SHERBRO's TOGETHER'!

<GinJuice>

Never seen as strong an argument for the addictive qualities of weed as when I'm working and I drive by the Southland store and see retards lined up around the block at 11am on a workday.

Its not addict behavior its novelty

Addicts dont stand in line for hours to get a fix if they dont have to and its not like you have to stand in line to get it

Jesus christ

Its not addict behavior its novelty

Addicts dont stand in line for hours to get a fix if they dont have to and its not like you have to stand in line to get it

Jesus christ

I'm addicted to Marvel movies cause I go on opening night

lol actually no I don't. I always wait until the Wednesday following to go. Less busy.

I don't understand this first day mentality of people, why go on the busiest time? I only went on the second day due to scheduling issues.

He's just working it out bro, you gotta let him work it out lol.

He probably went home like this.

giphy.gif

g600856540.gif
Dropping your joint between your legs is absolutely the #1 best reason to not smoke while driving.

Well it would be cool to meet another sherbro and share a moment over some bud. The only other sherbro I have met is @Loiosh who seems to be a great guy.

Based on your statement it seems that your wife's experience with her mom seems to have informed her opinion on the drug. Most likely she was always embarrassed by her mom, who probably did not think anyone could tell she was always high but all her friends and family knew.

That would make it tough on to use as your wife is unlikely to ever get over that and you could immediately become the target of all your wife's former frustrations that she could never blast her mom with. Do not think you sneakily smoke and she won't know as the smell is pervasive to those who don't smoke. Its in your clothes and hair. My old business partner always thought no one in the office knew when he snuck out of the office for a few tokes. We ALL knew the instant he came back. It was the inside joke of the office.

But if you do decide to try and want to meet a fellow sherbro, I'll pick up the stash and we can sit out on my patio (weather is actually nice enough) overlooking 104st downtown and sip on some nice booze from my collection. But that will be an Uber night. I am around this coming weekend before taking off on some travels the next few. Just let me know.

Weed 'BRINGING CDN SHERBRO's TOGETHER'!

<GinJuice>

@Loiosh is in Edmonton? I knew he was Canadian but for some reason I thought he was in Montreal.

I’m pretty sure my mother-in-law’s pot days are from before my wife was even born, like her high school days and early twenties. My wife’s never talked about her mom smoking it, but her mom has talked about smoking it in her youth very openly.

If anything it’s more to do with her dad. He wasn’t a pot head either but he was an alcoholic who ruined his life and eventually died. Interestingly enough my wife isn’t against alcohol as she doesn’t take issue with me drinking and she herself will drink, but both of us only drink irregularly at social events like a big family dinner.

Honestly I think her problem with it is that in her high school days she was a goody two shoes and was so thoroughly indoctrinated into the “all drugs are bad” camp that she can’t be deprogrammed of that, even with its legalization.

As I said though, I’m not inclined to try it behind her back anyway as I know how easy it is to detect. I would only consider it if she was out of town without me which doesn’t really happen because all her family lives in Edmonton.

I'm addicted to Marvel movies cause I go on opening night

lol actually no I don't. I always wait until the Wednesday following to go. Less busy.

I don't understand this first day mentality of people, why go on the busiest time? I only went on the second day due to scheduling issues.

Depends on how rad you think something is , how much time you got on your hards , and how badly you really want to do/see something. I dont really think theres anything wrong with either way. I have waited for video games and books and i am old enough to remember waiting for concert tickets to go on sale .... but I hate movies and hate being close to strangers so it would be a cold day in hell before I went to a movie on opening day. If I go to a movie I wait til like the last day before its not in theaters and pray to the jesus no one else is there.

Where I come from you still need a license. You dont really need a license to get high and everyone knows that but it gives you access to better and cleaner products and the ability to cultivate your own if you get sick of being ripped off. We all know its a bullshit program but we all also know the state needs the money and as far as weed goes you really can grow money trees. Its my understanding that theres a broke city very near me right now that is thinking of trying to rebuild its whole economy around weed and is getting its ducks in a row as we speak

Anyone talking about drug addicts and pot in 2018 is a FN moron. Its all about economics and who gets to control that money and its a much more honest and productive argument

Back