So if Fedor wins the tournament, should he finally go to the UFC?

DrGlaze

Dank Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First thread in a good while, I was just curious and bored at work. If Fedor beats Bader and wins the tournament, should the UFC try to get him? Obviously he’s past his prime, I know that. With Khabib being the man at 155 now, having Fedor would be a huge for the Russian market.

If fedor hasn’t signed already with the ufc what makes you think he would want to go there now?

Bellator won’t let him go just like that. I see him retiring in bellator in 1-3 more fights.

If Fedor wins, he should promptly retire.

Coker will nervously smile and nod, while being pissed that his yearlong tournament to crown a new Heavyweight Champion ended up being pointless.

Kongo and Mitrione will fight for the vacant title or something.

If he wins he should fight Cro Cop in Japan and then retire, but more than likely Bader will destroy him and he retires anyway.
I’m a huge Fedor fan but he has nothing more than a punchers chance against Bader.

Should take his storybook retirement and run.

Would be great the tournament victory but I think Bader will too much. The best (and my dream) scenario is the tournament victory, one fight UFC contract with victory and then the retirement. This would be a whole career.

Fedor too old to deal with the UFC's media obligation bullshit.

Dana will never sign him. Look at the UFC HW division. Lewis, a brawler with no cardio, who trains for 30minutes has a title fight booked. DC comes to HW and KOs "the best UFC HW ever" in the first round.

Yes. He should get a one off v DC for the strap. Would sell.

If Fedor wins, he should promptly retire.

Coker will nervously smile and nod, while being pissed that his yearlong tournament to crown a new Heavyweight Champion ended up being pointless.

Kongo and Mitrione will fight for the vacant title or something.
They would probably announce another one. This time, 16 fighters, 2 years.

Im a massive fan of Fedor but Bader is fighting at the best he ever has throughout his life.
Fedor always has a chance and has skills to beat anyone on his day but this is a big ask.
but then difficult fights is what makes the sport exciting. I do have to wonder though if Baders mindset will cause him to freeze in this fight.I mean it is Fedor hes fighting.

Black beast is about the only HW in the UFC that I think Fedor could beat, and he's fighting for a title, so yeah. I guess Fedor would do pretty well lol.

That ship has sailed. I'd be content, if he manages to win, that he defends against the likes of Kharitonov, Mitrione or Kongo and rides of into the sunset as champ. In a perfect world, with a Bellator and Rizin partnership, he faces Mirko one more time. Those are fights Fedor has a chance of winning. Good, respectable fights.

Any option other than retiring in the cage (for good, this time) is wrong.

Fedor is likely making more in Bellator than he would in the UFC. I don't see him fighting much longer. If he beats Bader, I could see him maybe doing 1 gimmicky fight with Cro Cop or Bellator signing some huge name like Lesnar. Then he will retire. If he loses to Bader, same thing, he probably retires.

I just don't see him signing with the UFC at this age.

Out of principle I doubt he will. Dana White smeared his name so bad. Nothing to prove at this point anyway.

If he wins retire or defend against Kongo/Kharitonov winner then retire.
At this point Bader wins 8/10 times.No need to pretend Fedor will go to the UFC and have a good shot at beating the top guys.

I want to see Dana get down on his hands and knees and kiss Fedor\'s feet at a media conference and then Fedor answer, "if it is God's will" and promptly not sign.

If it's up to me? Yes. But he's never seemed all that interested in it so it seems pretty unlikely at this point.

Back